Things in movies that bother me.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-06-2015, 08:07 AM
RE: Things in movies that bother me.
(07-06-2015 06:46 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  Movies/TV and fans: "It's not exactly like the book!" Yeah, because it's not. Go read or shut up.

Yabut, when it's not even fucking close to the book? Angry Or critical elements have been altered for no fucking reason? Facepalm

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Chas's post
11-06-2015, 08:18 AM
(11-06-2015 08:07 AM)Chas Wrote:  Yabut, when it's not even fucking close to the book? Angry Or critical elements have been altered for no fucking reason? Facepalm

I am legend is one of those. Altered the storyline to such a degree that the fucking *title* didn't even make sense any more. Fucking pointless. Rolleyes Not a bad movie in the end tho.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
11-06-2015, 08:29 AM
(11-06-2015 08:07 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(07-06-2015 06:46 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  Movies/TV and fans: "It's not exactly like the book!" Yeah, because it's not. Go read or shut up.

Yabut, when it's not even fucking close to the book? Angry Or critical elements have been altered for no fucking reason? Facepalm

Exactly. There's no fucking point in it in the end.
I'm still trying to come to terms with how everything by Tolkien was made. I don't see the reason why they should change the original story that much in order to make more money. Wait, I think I see it now.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 1 user Likes undergroundp's post
11-06-2015, 08:32 AM
(11-06-2015 08:29 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  
(11-06-2015 08:07 AM)Chas Wrote:  Yabut, when it's not even fucking close to the book? Angry Or critical elements have been altered for no fucking reason? Facepalm

Exactly. There's no fucking point in it in the end.
I'm still trying to come to terms with how everything by Tolkien was made. I don't see the reason why they should change the original story that much in order to make more money. Wait, I think I see it now.

Yeah, Jackson really screwed the pooch on those. Angry

[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
11-06-2015, 08:33 AM
(11-06-2015 08:18 AM)morondog Wrote:  

I am legend is one of those. Altered the storyline to such a degree that the fucking *title* didn't even make sense any more. Fucking pointless. Rolleyes Not a bad movie in the end tho.

Contact is another. The list is too long. Weeping

[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
11-06-2015, 08:56 AM
(08-06-2015 07:37 PM)Anjele Wrote:  If memory serves....Undecided

I have never had hot, steamy sex and ended up with perfect hair and makeup. Not once. In movies that seems to be a common event.

Agreed. If you still have perfect hair and lipstick on, you're not doing it right. Pink face, no remnants of lipstick, and hair a lopsided tangled mess? Now that's evidence of hot, steamy, high quality sex.

And who lays there and cuddles and falls asleep in each other's arms afterwards? No, you manage a wobbly walk to the bathroom to go pee and clean up. People in movies don't get UTIs, apparently...

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
11-06-2015, 09:02 AM
This is how you do an action scene the right way.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
11-06-2015, 04:06 PM
Things in movies that bother me.
OK, I feel like I worded that wrong. First, it's the one friend we all have that says that about every book/anime/comic book/graphic novel/etc.

I agree that when it's really different, yeah, it pisses me off, too. As I mentioned, "Wanted" or Green Lantern movie and so on.
11-06-2015, 04:52 PM
(11-06-2015 08:56 AM)Nurse Wrote:  
(08-06-2015 07:37 PM)Anjele Wrote:  If memory serves....Undecided

I have never had hot, steamy sex and ended up with perfect hair and makeup. Not once. In movies that seems to be a common event.

Agreed. If you still have perfect hair and lipstick on, you're not doing it right. Pink face, no remnants of lipstick, and hair a lopsided tangled mess? Now that's evidence of hot, steamy, high quality sex.

And who lays there and cuddles and falls asleep in each other's arms afterwards? No, you manage a wobbly walk to the bathroom to go pee and clean up. People in movies don't get UTIs, apparently...

Yes! Plus you're all hot, sweaty, and sticky right after. I go into "don't even touch me" mode until I've cleaned up, gone to the bathroom, and cooled off. There needs to be like a one hour window between sex and cuddling.
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
12-06-2015, 04:04 PM
Things that bother me??

I hate it when an actor starts to talk about something and looks into the distance facing the camera while another actor, who's supposed to the person he's talking to is sitting behind him on the couch or chair or something. No one fucking does that in real life. The only reason directors do this is for the camera angle so that the two actors are facing the camera. It's dumb.

Hate it when a group of people in a movie order Chinese takeout and always eat it out of the box. Most people share... otherwise the character is eating only noodles while the other character is eating only the rice or just a box of fortune cookies. It's dumb.

Speaking of food. In a movies that have a character buying groceries (especially if it's set in New York City) they always have a bag of groceries with some french bread sticking out at around a 60 degree angle. It must be that all New Yorkers buy french bread every time they go shopping.

When movies are set in the 30's or 40's there's usually an old fashioned bicycle with a wicker basket on the front leaning against a lamp post or old brick wall somewhere in one of the shots. Sometimes the bicycle basket has flowers in it.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post