Things in reality that can't be true if the Bible is correct.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-03-2015, 09:05 AM
RE: Things in reality that can't be true if the Bible is correct.
(29-03-2015 09:07 AM)Nurse Wrote:  How 'bout man ribs? Pretty sure we all have 12 pair.

This has never made any sense at all. God takes Adams rib to make Eve. So Eve was Adam's clone and must have had the male XY and not the female XX. Eve was actually Steve.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
30-03-2015, 09:12 AM
(30-03-2015 04:48 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(28-03-2015 02:08 PM)dimaniac Wrote:  Even "nothing is unstable" why should universe be stable?
The universe we live in IS stable......
Prove it
30-03-2015, 10:31 AM (This post was last modified: 30-03-2015 10:35 AM by Drunkin Druid.)
(30-03-2015 09:12 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(30-03-2015 04:48 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  The universe we live in IS stable......
Prove it

Perhaps he can or perhaps he can't but it seems the comment was made to set up a joke.
You understand nothing..
30-03-2015, 06:11 PM
A cow or goat gets it stripes or spots from its parents DNA. Can't be true since Genesis 30:37-39 says that if cattle just look at hand-painted striped sticks while copulating, then they will give birth to striped and spotted calves.

don't believe everything you think
[+] 1 user Likes church_organ's post
30-03-2015, 07:23 PM
(30-03-2015 01:01 AM)Nurse Wrote:  
(29-03-2015 01:20 PM)daniel1948 Wrote:  Okay, here's one: If everything in the Bible were true, whales would have no digestive juices in their stomachs and would not be able to digest anything, and they'd all have starved as soon as they were created. Because if whales could digest food, Jonah would have come out the other end as poo, rather than being vomited up alive after three whole days in the belly of the whale.

Addendum: If the whales were created with enough fat it might have taken them a year or two to starve to death. They still would not have lived long enough for one to swallow Jonah.

Angry Jonah was in the belly of a really big fish.

Tongue

Most people regard Leviathan as being a whale. No less a person than Herman Melville regarded the whale as being a fish. An air-breathing fish. Today we classify whales as mammals and not fish, but the authors of the Bible are much more likely to have used the same classification as Melville. Therefore, "fish" in the Bible could be a whale, and the word cannot be taken in light of modern classification.

(30-03-2015 01:04 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(30-03-2015 12:40 AM)Jeffasaurus Wrote:  What about the verse in Luke that says quite explicitly that if you pray for it, it shall be given to you.

God knows what's best for you, so sometimes he answers prayers in ways you don't expect. ...

But Luke does not say that God will "answer" your prayers, in which case the answer could be "No." Luke says if you pray for it, it will be given to you, which is clear, and which clearly does not always happen, even when the asker is a devout Christian.

BTW, an evangelical pastor (Assemblies of God) once told me that my eyes would be opened if I prayed for enlightenment. So I sincerely prayed "God, if you are there, give me understanding." Nothing happened. The pastor told me the problem was that I needed to pray to Jesus rather than God (aren't they supposed to be one and the same???) so I prayed, "Jesus, if you're there, give me understanding."

If there is a God I'd honestly like to know about it. Whatever anyone might say, I was sincere. Nothing happened. So the Pastor, who had approved in advance of the words I used in my prayer, told me I'm going to hell because I believe in evolution. He said that my atheism could be forgiven if I prayed for understanding, but that belief in evolution could never be forgiven.

I asked him if Christians who believe in God and accept Christ as their savior would go to hell if they believed that evolution was the tool that God used to effect creation, and he said yes.

I decided that he was a nincompoop. And not a very friendly one, either.

"El mar se mide por olas,
el cielo por alas,
nosotros por lágrimas."
-- Jaime Sabines
30-03-2015, 07:47 PM
If the Bible is correct, satellites can't be true. The dish on my roof couldn't possibly be receiving broadcast signals. The Hubble telescope couldn't be true, all of our Mars rovers couldn't be true, the ISS couldn't be true. Voyager, Voyager II, Cassini, Spitzer, Rosetta, Deep Impact and dozens of other probes couldn't be true. Every space program from every country that has one couldn't be true. Meteorites can't be true either. Why??
In Genesis, it states specifically that the sky is a dome that separates us from the waters above. So with that in mind, Earth should have been completely flooded in 1942 when Germany's V2 rocket punctured that dome.

Hmmm... Consider maybe the Bible was wrong this one time.

Well, I'm sure it's right about the moon being a light source just like the sun.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
30-03-2015, 08:57 PM
(29-03-2015 09:07 AM)Nurse Wrote:  How 'bout man ribs? Pretty sure we all have 12 pair.
I find this one funny. I was skimming Talk Origins and came across this gem:
Adam's Rib Count
It suggests that the 'rib' was actually the baculum, as the Hebrew word for rib apparently has other meanings related to structural support. Plus, you could interpret Gen 2:21 as referencing the raphe.

(30-03-2015 08:47 PM)Colourcraze Wrote:  IT'S THE HOLY GHOST oooOOOOOOOOOOooooooo
30-03-2015, 10:11 PM
I haven't read through the whole thread so someone might have touched on this but the writers of the New Testament did their damnedest to connect Jesus to King David with genealogy, even going through Joseph's family tree. Now either Joseph fucked Mary and knocked her up, or god diddit. They both didn't knock her up. So tracing Josephs genealogy is pointless if Jesus is supposed to be the son of god but the Bubble writers were smoking something funny and decided to use Joseph's family tree. Huh?

30-03-2015, 10:14 PM
(30-03-2015 08:57 PM)Russ Wrote:  
I find this one funny. I was skimming Talk Origins and came across this gem:
Adam's Rib Count
It suggests that the 'rib' was actually the baculum, as the Hebrew word for rib apparently has other meanings related to structural support. Plus, you could interpret Gen 2:21 as referencing the raphe.

I didn't use the link because I hate that asshole site. I think the rib used on Eve is supposed to be some sort of extra penis?? Or something like that??? It's insane. Facepalm