Things mom's do

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-03-2017, 04:29 PM
Things mom's do
I feel like being nostalgic.

1. I would often come home after having accidents covered in blood from head to toe, barely able to move. My mom would grab the alcohol (or peroxide) and walk up to me and say "we need to clean this, it'll get infected!" I would respond with "NO WAY THAT STUFF STINGS!" she would come back with "No it doesn't (then she would find the ONE spot that wasn't an open wound and dab some on it) See it feels just fine" me "ok" (She dumps the entire bottle on my wounds with me screaming loudly) .... I fell for this EVERY time.....

2. Told me broccoli was ice cream (we had never had ice cream or soda before so how would we know).

...hmm.... well.... those are the only two I can think of right now, I'm sure there's more I'll post as I come up with them.

What kinds of stuff did your mom's do?

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post
20-03-2017, 04:42 PM
RE: Things mom's do
I used to tell my son that he was my favorite son. I guess he was about 10 when he finally called me on the fact that he was my only son. Thumbsup

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 7 users Like Anjele's post
20-03-2017, 05:08 PM
I used to tell my daughters (they are four years apart in age) that I was going to beat one over the head with the other one if they didn't stop bickering.

A friend of mine told her three oldest she was going to send them outside to play with knives...her second oldest asked if she could have the biggest knife. Ohmy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
20-03-2017, 06:18 PM
I was prolly a terrible son, I'd spend all day out in the woods (sometimes for days on end), I mean no one ever seemed to care much that I was gone, but I'd always come back covered in blood cause I crashed my bicycle, or fell out of a tree or some stupid shit like that. Never broke a bone though, guess I was lucky there.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
20-03-2017, 06:29 PM
Ban people.

Make us laugh.

Oh, wrong moms.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 6 users Like JDog554's post
20-03-2017, 06:30 PM
(20-03-2017 06:18 PM)JesseB Wrote:  I was prolly a terrible son, I'd spend all day out in the woods (sometimes for days on end), I mean no one ever seemed to care much that I was gone, but I'd always come back covered in blood cause I crashed my bicycle, or fell out of a tree or some stupid shit like that. Never broke a bone though, guess I was lucky there.

I grew up in a shack, out in the middle of the Arkansas wilderness. Me & my brother would do that, too. Shy When we were old enough dad taught us how to shoot, so we no longer had to worry about big cats, or stray dogs, or snakes. Big Grin That's when exploration really began to feel good. Laugh out load Never at night, tho! Confused Ma, and her Ma, told us evil things lurked in the darkness. Huh We wuz threw the door, and lockin it behind us, by sun-on-the-horizon time. Bechased

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
20-03-2017, 06:37 PM
I was just a baby so I don't remember this but one of my older brothers, about 10 at the time, was off by himself fishing in the Truckee River up near Tahoe where we lived. He kept an extra fish hook in his pocket. Well somehow the fish hook worked it's way down and got stuck in one of his testicals. Dodgy

He somehow found his way home, I assume screaming all the way, and when he got home my mother got out some Mercurochrome, which I don't think is sold anymore, and got his pants and underwear off and told him "This is gonna hurt." When even your mother tells you it's gonna hurt, you'd probably better believe her. So with my other brothers roaring with laughter watching the whole scene, she somehow got the fish hook out of his testical while he screamed bloody murder. He didn't go fishing for about 3 years after that and claims he has never has caught a fish since then.

I got lots of "mom" stories.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 4 users Like dancefortwo's post
20-03-2017, 06:47 PM
(20-03-2017 06:37 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I was just a baby so I don't remember this but one of my older brothers, about 10 at the time, was off by himself fishing in the Truckee River up near Tahoe where we lived. He kept an extra fish hook in his pocket. Well somehow the fish hook worked it's way down and got stuck in one of his testicals. Dodgy

He somehow found his way home, I assume screaming all the way, and when he got home my mother got out some Mercurochrome, which I don't think is sold anymore, and got his pants and underwear off and told him "This is gonna hurt." When even your mother tells you it's gonna hurt, you'd probably better believe her. So with my other brothers roaring with laughter watching the whole scene, she somehow got the fish hook out of his testical while he screamed bloody murder. He didn't go fishing for about 3 years after that and claims he has never has caught a fish since then.

I got lots of "mom" stories.

I was swinging on a homemade swing that was in the tree in our yard. I leaned way back and scraped most of the skin off back in the process.

Mom drew a cat on my back with Mercurochrome. I suppose she was trying to make the injury a little more festive since it was my birthday (7th IIRC).

[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
20-03-2017, 07:07 PM
Worry.

Tell me to put on warmer clothes and be careful after dark.

"Throughout history, every mystery, ever solved, has turned out to be; Not magic."
[+] 3 users Like M. Linoge's post
20-03-2017, 07:13 PM
(20-03-2017 04:42 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I used to tell my son that he was my favorite son. I guess he was about 10 when he finally called me on the fact that he was my only son. Thumbsup

That's a dad joke.

(20-03-2017 06:37 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  So with my other brothers roaring with laughter watching the whole scene, she somehow got the fish hook out of his testical while he screamed bloody murder. He didn't go fishing for about 3 years after that and claims he has never has caught a fish since then.

Uh-huh. The big one that got away. Rolleyes

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 2 users Like Paleophyte's post