Things our Kimmies might like

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-08-2012, 04:01 PM
RE: Things our Kimmies might like
(27-08-2012 04:00 PM)kim Wrote:  I wen't to a special premier showing of Life In A Day at one of my favorite art cinemas in Kansas City. Heart I loved it.
It may not have seemed like much ... but I couldn't take my eyes off it. It really took some putting together.

Yay! I got the first one right!
Who's next???

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-08-2012, 04:03 PM
Dunno why, Hellbound, but your thread resulted in me rewatching Waking Life, dunno why, don't really give a shit.

This is not my signature.
27-08-2012, 04:04 PM
(27-08-2012 04:03 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Dunno why, Hellbound, but your thread resulted in me rewatching Waking Life, dunno why, don't really give a shit.

That looks cool. I bet Kim would like that one too!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
28-08-2012, 03:03 PM
I did like Waking Life. I'm not a huge fan of rotoscope but at least this film got more or less creative with it - more so than Bakshi did in the 70s. This film was fairly watchable and touches on philosophical discussions involving several characters and about issues such as metaphysics, free will, social philosophy, and the meaning of life. It kind of reminds me of this forum. Wink

One of my favorite independent raconteur/artists was in Waking Life - of course I'm talking about Speed. And yes, he plays himself - the Lunatic.

If you are looking to acquaint yourself with an interesting NYC personality I might suggest the short film: Live from Shiva's Dance Floor. Speed will both impart knowledge of the great city that is New York and he will make you think... maybe even make you think a bit differently. Shy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
28-08-2012, 03:29 PM
(28-08-2012 03:03 PM)kim Wrote:  I did like Waking Life. I'm not a huge fan of rotoscope but at least this film got more or less creative with it - more so than Bakshi did in the 70s. This film was fairly watchable and touches on philosophical discussions involving several characters and about issues such as metaphysics, free will, social philosophy, and the meaning of life. It kind of reminds me of this forum. Wink

One of my favorite independent raconteur/artists was in Waking Life - of course I'm talking about Speed. And yes, he plays himself - the Lunatic.

Ah fuck me, I forgot you had an Art degree. ... I blame Chas for not stopping me. Weeping

(28-08-2012 03:03 PM)kim Wrote:  If you are looking to acquaint yourself with an interesting NYC personality I might suggest the short film: Live from Shiva's Dance Floor. Speed will both impart knowledge of the great city that is New York and he will make you think... maybe even make you think a bit differently. Shy

Yes, ma'am.

This is not my signature.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
28-08-2012, 06:33 PM
(28-08-2012 03:29 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Ah fuck me, I forgot you had an Art degree. ... I blame Chas for not stopping me. Weeping

I apologize; I was distracted by the RC affair.Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post