Things that annoy you that really shouldn't annoy you

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-02-2014, 03:55 PM
RE: Things that annoy you that really shouldn't annoy you
Shit that annoys me is, why we dont have music like this anymore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTU2Y0VFH...detailpage

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-02-2014, 03:05 PM
(22-02-2014 05:01 AM)riseinside Wrote:  People that type with two fingers. Slowly. And hunt for each key as if they may have moved from their previous position.

I took a typing class in high school, and could type 50 wpm (without looking, and using all of my fingers) when I finished. Some of that skill remains 40 years later.

However... Wait until you get old and get arthritis and some of your fingers don't work so good anymore. Now I have to be creative about which finger to use where and when, and that slows me down a bit.

On a slightly different (but related) tack, have you ever watched Eric Clapton play guitar? He doesn't use his left pinky finger at all. I can use all the fingers on my left hand when I play guitar, but can't play nearly as well as he does. He was my hero when I was a kid learning how to play (Jimi Hendrix was even better, but he was like an alien or something -- there was no chance of even trying to emulate him), but I've never been able to play like him, no matter how many fingers I use.
23-02-2014, 03:22 PM
When my fellow Americans seem a bit too into calling themselves "Irish" or "German" or whatever, when they've never been to Ireland or Germany, don't know anything about whatever country, etc. And it's confusing, is the person "of Irish descent" or actually from Ireland? It seems like weird tribal thinking to me. My cousin's wife always talks about being Irish and she does or likes whatever because she's so Irish, etc. I could understand if the parents were from Europe and brought traditions over and only talked to people from their own ethnic part of town or something, but that's not these people I know. Likewise, older people make weird assumptions. Years ago, my friend's grandmother told me that I must certainly be able to sew, because I'm Polish. I am not Polish; my grandparents were Polish, and I have no idea what that has to do with my ability to sew. I do like Polish food, but that's because it's what I ate as a kid, it's not genetic.

I mean, I don't have a problem with an interest in your ancestors, and I have dabbled in genealogy myself. It's interesting. I'm just sick of my cousin's wife talking about being Irish all the time, when she's actually american since multiple generations ago.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-02-2014, 10:58 PM
(22-02-2014 03:55 PM)War Horse Wrote:  Shit that annoys me is, why we dont have music like this anymore.

You mean like this?
This is a new age, and this is the new shit.

...when you guys gonna add a head banger emoji?? Tongue

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 1 user Likes Im_Ryan's post
23-02-2014, 11:24 PM
When you're standing in a queue and you can feel breath on your neck from the person behind you. Stop that Beat_stick

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
23-02-2014, 11:36 PM
Rows. Really really long rows of people while i'm hungry.
And crowds. I hate crowdy places.

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
24-02-2014, 04:24 AM
(23-02-2014 03:22 PM)amyb Wrote:  When my fellow Americans seem a bit too into calling themselves "Irish" or "German" or whatever, when they've never been to Ireland or Germany, don't know anything about whatever country, etc. And it's confusing, is the person "of Irish descent" or actually from Ireland? It seems like weird tribal thinking to me. My cousin's wife always talks about being Irish and she does or likes whatever because she's so Irish, etc. I could understand if the parents were from Europe and brought traditions over and only talked to people from their own ethnic part of town or something, but that's not these people I know. Likewise, older people make weird assumptions. Years ago, my friend's grandmother told me that I must certainly be able to sew, because I'm Polish. I am not Polish; my grandparents were Polish, and I have no idea what that has to do with my ability to sew. I do like Polish food, but that's because it's what I ate as a kid, it's not genetic.

I mean, I don't have a problem with an interest in your ancestors, and I have dabbled in genealogy myself. It's interesting. I'm just sick of my cousin's wife talking about being Irish all the time, when she's actually american since multiple generations ago.

I think this is only an American thing. Whenever you read about celebrities it's always like "She's 1/8 Irish, 1/8 German, 1/16 Czech, etc etc..."
How annoying.

If I were to trace my ancestors, I'd be 1/100 everything. Why does it even matter? Dodgy

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
24-02-2014, 06:12 AM
(23-02-2014 10:58 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(22-02-2014 03:55 PM)War Horse Wrote:  Shit that annoys me is, why we dont have music like this anymore.

You mean like this?

Thats music? [Image: suicidal-smiley-emoticon.gif]

24-02-2014, 06:35 AM
(24-02-2014 06:12 AM)War Horse Wrote:  
(23-02-2014 10:58 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  You mean like this?

Thats music? [Image: suicidal-smiley-emoticon.gif]

These are bad examples Tongue

There is good music out there, it's just hard to find (plus there's the common bias that the music they made when we were young was the best).

If anyone made music like the Beatles today, everyone would say they're just copying them (*cough Oasis *cough).

Big Grin

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
24-02-2014, 06:58 AM
(24-02-2014 06:35 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  
(24-02-2014 06:12 AM)War Horse Wrote:  Thats music? [Image: suicidal-smiley-emoticon.gif]

These are bad examples Tongue

There is good music out there, it's just hard to find (plus there's the common bias that the music they made when we were young was the best).

If anyone made music like the Beatles today, everyone would say they're just copying them (*cough Oasis *cough).

Big Grin

It seems like the music on today is either rap or sounds like a bunch of musical instruments having an epileptic fit.

Tho, my own gerneration is guilty of bringing us disco (and those folks sould be shot too).

I'm just stuck in a certain time musically.... hell, I'm still trying to get over LZ's break up after the death of Bonzo. Weeping