Things that drive me nuts in movies

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-03-2014, 07:31 PM
RE: Things that drive me nuts in movies
(29-03-2014 05:16 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  I just saw this one...

A woman throws up once...only one time...and everyone instantly knows that she's pregnant.

No one ever assumes they have the flu, or ate some bad shrimp. They always know, with one vomit, that they are pregnant.

Well vomiting isn't very ladylike and therefore only acceptable as the first sign of pregnancy...men...Dodgy

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
29-03-2014, 07:34 PM
(29-03-2014 07:17 PM)Jeffasaurus Wrote:  
(29-03-2014 10:27 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  Actually, I thought Valkyrie used the most thoughtful and agreeable way to deal with this, as Cruise was writing a letter in German and speaking in German and they gradually changed to English to tell us, ok, we admit Cruise isn't going to learn German for this entire movie, so here is the transition to make it palatable. I would just prefer them to all just speak English normally. Adding the accent while speaking English is just pathetic and behind stupid.

There was a nice transition in The Hunt For Red October too. The Russians (non-Russian actors) spoke Russian for the beginning of the film. While one was reading Revelations in Russian, the camera zooms into his mouth, he says "Armageddon," and continues in English as the camera zooms back out. Then it's acceptable for them to speak English for the rest of the film.

I just had an issue with Sean Connery's hairpiece.
Yes! I forgot about that, very good.

Check out my blog: http://www.aisforatheist.blogspot.com It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-03-2014, 10:57 PM
When they let the enemy live when they have them traped. It pisses me off. I go shot the motherfucker don't talk to him. If i was in movies the movie would last about 10 minutes, seriously main character kill the guy.

[Image: hyena_icon_large_by_griffsnuff-d3juy9l.gif] All request for metazoa info and my larger projects should be sent PM
[+] 3 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
29-03-2014, 11:06 PM
(29-03-2014 05:16 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  I just saw this one...

A woman throws up once...only one time...and everyone instantly knows that she's pregnant.

No one ever assumes they have the flu, or ate some bad shrimp. They always know, with one vomit, that they are pregnant.

Not just movies... This is real life too Dodgy and agreed, super lame!

The one that bothers me: main character is headed somewhere in a hurry to do something, and because of knowledge this person doesn't have, it isn't going to end well. There's a person who has the information main character needs to avoid disaster, and says "wait, john, I gotta tell you..." Main character interjects "not now, this is important!" And rushes off. Meanwhile the other character just stands there gaping "dang, oh well..."

No! Fucking assert yourself and SPEAK THE FUCK UP!!!

Lol rant over Blush

[Image: dlapuo244d3.png]
[+] 4 users Like Smercury44's post
30-03-2014, 12:45 AM
(28-03-2014 08:42 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  
(28-03-2014 08:41 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I know people who do this in real life. It's so annoying!

They're called assholes.

... or Vietnamese.
My flatmates often don't end a call in the socially acceptable manner but more culturally jarring for me is coming in and out (of the apartment) without saying 'hello' or goodbye'.
It's purely a cultural thing but hard to get used to.

(29-03-2014 09:45 AM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  I just found this on YouTube. It's perfect.

Yabut, there are a few OK endings in that clip e.g. I love you too. Surely that's acceptable?

(29-03-2014 10:19 AM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  ...
at least the British accent to indicate the man was foreign.

Unsure British is foreign? Non comprende mi amigo, je ne comprends pas.

Meanwhile...
No 'picking up' scene when running somewhere then suddenly having the dropped item on their person in the next scene.

Mumbling (de Niro, Downey jnr, etc.).

Baddies with shit aim but goodies with first shot on target (see also Reckoning, above).

Evil fucker coming back to life 10 times and similar clichés.

Any movie with Muikans in it.

Drinking Beverage

30-03-2014, 02:28 AM
Even when I was a really young kid, it'd always piss me off when the villain would spare the main character by taking his sweet time to kill the guy, just for the protagonist to do some unrealistic move to turn the tables..

You get the usual scene of the handsome main character to be overpowered by the bad guy. The bad guy's got a loaded gun to the hero's head, and all they have to do...... is pull the fucking trigger . But they don't. They get up, give a long speech, slowly walk over to pick up an ax, and then walk up to the main character. As the villain rises the ax preparing the killing blow, the main character does some vicarious super-human dodge and subdues the villain.

Seriously, that really pisses me off. It gets to the point where it's so cliche that you can always predict that ''good always prevails.'' Believe it or not, I like unpredictability in a movie, the good guy doesn't always have to win, at least not in a really dumb fashion. I've seen this over and over in movies to the point where you see the really cool villain about to kill the main character, and then they start talking..... And then you know, it just ain't so.

Everyday is judgement day. Use your judgement, use reason.
[+] 2 users Like Freethought's post
30-03-2014, 02:42 AM
A classic pet peeve for horror movies. The characters are sooooooo dumb, like seriously if I heard a weird growly monster sound in my closet, or someone clanging around downstairs in my house... I would fucking run away. I would not investigate. But then I guess that would defeat the point of the movie. But still, annoying.

'It's not a lie, if you believe it.' - George Costanza
[+] 1 user Likes prettylogical's post
30-03-2014, 02:46 AM
(30-03-2014 02:42 AM)prettylogical Wrote:  A classic pet peeve for horror movies. The characters are sooooooo dumb, like seriously if I heard a weird growly monster sound in my closet, or someone clanging around downstairs in my house... I would fucking run away. I would not investigate. But then I guess that would defeat the point of the movie. But still, annoying.

Yeah! Or they will run upstairs to get away from the bad guy instead of like going to a neighbors house! Angry

[Image: dlapuo244d3.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
30-03-2014, 02:50 AM
I'm a horror buff, and the movies where characters actually DO SOMETHING to survive are far more interesting than "oh my god, we're all gonna die," freak out, die.

When characters suffer from single-use weapon disorder. They've just been attacked, defended themselves effectively, so they--throw the weapon away and run? Especially when there are large groups of antagonists chasing them. Keep the damn weapon!

Crippling terror: character has a chance to escape but stands there frozen. Or worse, found a good place to hide, but starts screaming uncontrollably.

The "gun cocking" sound that plays every time someone is shown onscreen with a gun.

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
30-03-2014, 02:54 AM
I would love them to defend themselves in horror movies too! Like I would be fine with it if they either 1. tried to survive by actually defending themselves in a useful way, or 2. being realistic and running for their lives. But mainly they sort of just run around in circles like a little bitch, like that's ever going to save you.

'It's not a lie, if you believe it.' - George Costanza
[+] 1 user Likes prettylogical's post