Things that drive me nuts in movies

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-03-2014, 07:40 AM
RE: Things that drive me nuts in movies
(30-03-2014 02:50 AM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  I'm a horror buff, and the movies where characters actually DO SOMETHING to survive are far more interesting than "oh my god, we're all gonna die," freak out, die.

When characters suffer from single-use weapon disorder. They've just been attacked, defended themselves effectively, so they--throw the weapon away and run? Especially when there are large groups of antagonists chasing them. Keep the damn weapon!

Crippling terror: character has a chance to escape but stands there frozen. Or worse, found a good place to hide, but starts screaming uncontrollably.

The "gun cocking" sound that plays every time someone is shown onscreen with a gun.

I try not to bitch too much about gun inaccuracies, bit the "gun cock" thing does get to me. Especially when it's a gun that has already been fired. If they're reloading and the dramatically rack the slide, that's fine, makes sense. But when someone does it just for effect after having already shot the gun, it makes me roll my eyes. All they're doing is wasting a round, modern guns don't need to be cocked again unless you're reloading.

Tony: You're not making sense, man!
The Doctor: Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-03-2014, 07:59 AM
(29-03-2014 10:57 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  When they let the enemy live when they have them traped. It pisses me off. I go shot the motherfucker don't talk to him. If i was in movies the movie would last about 10 minutes, seriously main character kill the guy.

Consider What if the protagonist is Batman?

[Image: ezgif_save_1.gif]
30-03-2014, 08:01 AM
(30-03-2014 02:42 AM)prettylogical Wrote:  A classic pet peeve for horror movies. The characters are sooooooo dumb, like seriously if I heard a weird growly monster sound in my closet, or someone clanging around downstairs in my house... I would fucking run away. I would not investigate. But then I guess that would defeat the point of the movie. But still, annoying.

My pet peeve about horror movies is they ALWAYS KILL THE BLACK GUY!!!!!

[Image: guilmon_evolution_by_davidgtm3-d4gb5rp.gif] ロイヤルナイトとデジタルモンスタ
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
30-03-2014, 08:02 AM
(30-03-2014 07:59 AM)Teen-skeptic-go! Wrote:  
(29-03-2014 10:57 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  When they let the enemy live when they have them traped. It pisses me off. I go shot the motherfucker don't talk to him. If i was in movies the movie would last about 10 minutes, seriously main character kill the guy.

Consider What if the protagonist is Batman?

Then batman should kill them or at least disable them waist down or lobotomize them.

[Image: guilmon_evolution_by_davidgtm3-d4gb5rp.gif] ロイヤルナイトとデジタルモンスタ
30-03-2014, 08:03 AM
(30-03-2014 08:02 AM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(30-03-2014 07:59 AM)Teen-skeptic-go! Wrote:  Consider What if the protagonist is Batman?

Then batman should kill them or at least disable them waist down or lobotomize them.

Gasp

Batman doesn't kill people -- that's his thing. I guess he could break their legs, though.

[Image: ezgif_save_1.gif]
30-03-2014, 08:19 AM
(30-03-2014 12:45 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(29-03-2014 10:19 AM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  ...
at least the British accent to indicate the man was foreign.

Unsure British is foreign? Non comprende mi amigo, je ne comprends pas.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
30-03-2014, 03:06 PM
Characters that take horrific abuse from the same jerk again and again when they could stop it with flawless ease.

Characters with vital information and proof that get shunned or ridiculed as a loon until the last second, while the others pull their best plan out of their butt.
[+] 1 user Likes Lienda Bella's post
30-03-2014, 03:14 PM
When a couple have sex and then just roll over as if there's nothing to clean up.
Really? You're just going to lie there with a puddle of jizz running down your leg? How romantic.
Then in the morning it'll be all crusty. Unsure

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
[+] 3 users Like Jeffasaurus's post
30-03-2014, 05:50 PM
When the hero saves the villain. I've yet to see this work out well for either of them.

When the protagonist is given the option between some relatively small thing, and saving a large amount of people. It's always played up as a big choice when it really shouldn't be.
31-03-2014, 01:06 PM
1. Not following up on a downed bad guy. Why get so stingy with ammo?

2. How do the guys with knives or chainsaws get so far in horror movies? Nobody has a gun? This is America! Everybody has a gun! I've got 5!

3. Continuing on #2...how come repeat victims never buy a gun? I was so annoyed with the Scream series. How many times do you need to have somebody murder all your friends and try to murder you, before you start wearing body armor and walk around strapped 24/7?

4. Sex scenes. Come on, lets see some realism. There's no graceful way to take off socks. And waking up in the morning with perfect hair and make up. No morning fart or morning pee?

The religion of one age, is the literary entertainment of the next.
[+] 2 users Like =jesse='s post