Things that drive me nuts in movies

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-03-2014, 01:17 PM
RE: Things that drive me nuts in movies
(30-03-2014 03:14 PM)Jeffasaurus Wrote:  When a couple have sex and then just roll over as if there's nothing to clean up.
Really? You're just going to lie there with a puddle of jizz running down your leg? How romantic.
Then in the morning it'll be all crusty. Unsure

Or the classic, after sex, everyone becomes extremely prude and covers everything up/wraps the blankets around them. Unless it's cold in the room, who the hell puts their underwear back on and covers themselves from head to toe in blankets right after a good romp? Dodgy

This also brings up something that may be more specific to the US than elsewhere... Why is it that in a single movie, I can watch the hero break, dismember, shoot, stab, punch, kick, and blow up every bad guy on the planet. Then he goes and beds the nearest hottie.... BUT, if a single nipple is shown, it's suddenly inappropriate??

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes itsnotmeitsyou's post
31-03-2014, 01:19 PM
Deus ex machina

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
31-03-2014, 01:34 PM
When someone is "knocked out" for hours or days due to a blow to the head. Being "knocked out" should only last a few seconds but no more than a minute. Being "knocked out" for hours or days would mean you're a vegetable as you have significant brain damage.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
31-03-2014, 02:48 PM
When the hero/bad guy gets wounded in the shoulder (a very bad place to have a wound, btw) and they just sorta shrug it off like a papercut, but a minor character gets clipped anywhere and is dead before they hit the ground.

Or, even worse, they fall down but are completely incapacitated by a minor flesh wound, giving the hero/bad guy time to slowly walk up to them. It also seems to make their trigger finger not work and all they can do is sit there helplessly... Really? If you were in a firefight and were wounded in the leg, you would be more than capable of shooting the dumbass as he slowly walks towards you, deliberately reloading his weapon slowly so you know what's coming.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 1 user Likes itsnotmeitsyou's post
31-03-2014, 03:19 PM
When someone is kissed by a girl he doesn't like, but the girl he likes/dates happens to be there when that happens. Of course, the kiss needs to last at least 10 seconds for the girl to see it and for him to realize that a girl he doesn't like is kissing him and push her away.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 1 user Likes undergroundp's post
31-03-2014, 04:47 PM
Happy endings!

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 1 user Likes Marozz's post
31-03-2014, 05:01 PM
(31-03-2014 01:19 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Deus ex machina

Yeah, I hate that too.
Unless it's doctor who.
Wait. They barely ever do that.

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post
31-03-2014, 05:43 PM
(31-03-2014 01:34 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  When someone is "knocked out" for hours or days due to a blow to the head. Being "knocked out" should only last a few seconds but no more than a minute. Being "knocked out" for hours or days would mean you're a vegetable as you have significant brain damage.

Oooh this and being able to knock someone on the head, and they're conveniently knocked out, and just fine a while later when they come to. Yeah, not happening.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
31-03-2014, 05:52 PM
(31-03-2014 05:43 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(31-03-2014 01:34 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  When someone is "knocked out" for hours or days due to a blow to the head. Being "knocked out" should only last a few seconds but no more than a minute. Being "knocked out" for hours or days would mean you're a vegetable as you have significant brain damage.

Oooh this and being able to knock someone on the head, and they're conveniently knocked out, and just fine a while later when they come to. Yeah, not happening.
Actually my friend got knocked out for an hour.
He had no brain damage.

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post
31-03-2014, 05:55 PM
(31-03-2014 05:52 PM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  
(31-03-2014 05:43 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Oooh this and being able to knock someone on the head, and they're conveniently knocked out, and just fine a while later when they come to. Yeah, not happening.
Actually my friend got knocked out for an hour.
He had no brain damage.

I was complaining about the ease in which this happens. If you whack someone on the head, you're a lot more likely to either piss them off, or kill them than conveniently knocking them out.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta