Things that drive me nuts in movies

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-03-2014, 06:14 PM
RE: Things that drive me nuts in movies
Fart jokes. Sometimes they're funny but most of the time it's more like, "really? You couldn't think of ANYTHING else funny for these characters to do so you had to do a fart joke? Really?" I don't know if I'm a fuddy duddy or if they're just overused (probably) or what.

Or what really really annoys me is child laughter that's dubbed over that sounds really fake. Usually it's a group of girls or really really small kids. Anyone knows what I'm talking about?

[Image: notagain.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-03-2014, 07:38 PM
(31-03-2014 05:01 PM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  
(31-03-2014 01:19 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Deus ex machina

Yeah, I hate that too.
Unless it's doctor who.
Wait. They barely ever do that.

Sonic Screwdriver

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
31-03-2014, 10:22 PM
The total imbalance of the value of life annoys me. It's totally acceptable for the protagonist to kill dozens of henchmen with zero remorse or concern for their lives (or the families they leave behind). Yet when another main character's life is simply in jeopardy, then all hell breaks loose. I.e.: dozens of lives<one life.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
[+] 2 users Like Jeffasaurus's post
31-03-2014, 10:24 PM
agreed

31-03-2014, 10:34 PM
Here's another thing...

Telephone numbers that start with 555.

I understand why they do it. But they could just register a real number, and put an add for their movie as a voice message if anyone bothers to call it. That way they have a real number, it doesn't take you out of the movie, and it's free advertisement for the movie as well. You could even make it a fun easter egg, interactive, side thing.

[+] 3 users Like Raptor Jesus's post
31-03-2014, 10:42 PM
When someone chambers the gun once, and never ends up shooting it before chambering it again.

I'm no gun expert, but how many times can you chamber a gun without firing a single shot?

[+] 1 user Likes Raptor Jesus's post
31-03-2014, 10:50 PM
What is it with cars hitting anything at all and being catapulted up into the air?

Hit a parked car? Twenty feet into the sky AND the parked car doesn't even move from the impact!

Hit a garbage can? Thirty feet into the air with a twist!

Run over a squirrel? Fifty feet into the air, full twist and a fiery explosion!

Fucking squirrels. Angry

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
31-03-2014, 11:00 PM
(31-03-2014 10:42 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  When someone chambers the gun once, and never ends up shooting it before chambering it again.

I'm no gun expert, but how many times can you chamber a gun without firing a single shot?

You can chamber a round as many times as you like, you'll just eject an unspent round every time. Looking cool is worth wasting ammo, I guess. Dodgy

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
01-04-2014, 12:12 AM
The use of technology to create information that isn't there.

It's a shitty time lapsed security footage from a gas station security camera. No amount of digital magic is going to allow you to zoom in on the image 100X and see the reflection of villain in the chrome of a hubcap on a car 100+ feet away. The information simply isn't there. You can't upscale a digital image to find hidden pixels. A 800x600 image is only 800 by 600 pixels, that's it. Zooming it in a bunch just makes the pixels larger, it does not reveal hidden additional pixels with more information!

Also, fuck you CSI: you are the most chronic offender of this bullshit. Dodgy

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
01-04-2014, 01:33 AM
I really hate the debasing things actresses have to go through for the trade:

Keeping their nipples hard, up close camera shots on breasts, looking at the "world" from between the actresses' legs, ass shots, crotch shots, peeking up the skirt shots, impractical clothing--well, selling sex for the male audience.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
[+] 1 user Likes Dee's post