Things that drive me nuts in movies

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-04-2014, 02:19 AM
RE: Things that drive me nuts in movies
(01-04-2014 12:12 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  The use of technology to create information that isn't there.

It's a shitty time lapsed security footage from a gas station security camera. No amount of digital magic is going to allow you to zoom in on the image 100X and see the reflection of villain in the chrome of a hubcap on a car 100+ feet away. The information simply isn't there. You can't upscale a digital image to find hidden pixels. A 800x600 image is only 800 by 600 pixels, that's it. Zooming it in a bunch just makes the pixels larger, it does not reveal hidden additional pixels with more information!

Also, fuck you CSI: you are the most chronic offender of this bullshit. Dodgy

True.

Many verses are like silver threads
tied on the chimes of the stars-
if you pull them,
a silver peal makes the horizon vibrate.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like undergroundp's post
01-04-2014, 02:21 AM
When people are doing something on a computer, particularly some sort of spy type shit, and all they do is randomly press a bunch of buttons (looking at you Homeland).
Has nobody ever heard of a little thing called a computer mouse?

Also, who the fuck puts shit on disk these days? Flashdrive or harddrive is obviously where it's at.

Also I'm pretty sure computers can't just explode at the press of a button...

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
01-04-2014, 07:16 AM
(01-04-2014 02:21 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  When people are doing something on a computer, particularly some sort of spy type shit, and all they do is randomly press a bunch of buttons (looking at you Homeland).

Also, who the fuck puts shit on disk these days? Flashdrive or harddrive is obviously where it's at.

NCIS is painful to watch because of this. McGee being able to hack the DoD mainframe in under 30 seconds? I doubt valid users can access the system that quick. Their worst offense was when Abby and McGee were cooperatively hacking a system... using the same keyboard at the same time. Hobo

She turned me into a NEWT. I got better, though.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 1 user Likes itsnotmeitsyou's post
01-04-2014, 09:22 AM
(01-04-2014 07:16 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  NCIS is painful to watch because of this. McGee being able to hack the DoD mainframe in under 30 seconds?

I can't even get into my gmail account in the browser that quick. And I know the password..... most times .
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like CONVERSIONTUBE's post
01-04-2014, 09:38 AM
Police investigations in big cities. NYPD detective goes into a bar and asks if the bartender remembers the 5'10, white guy with brown hair. Oh yea, he was here 2 weeks ago...Tuesday around 9. Ordered a beer and left.

Are you kidding me? I don't remember what I had for lunch 2 days ago.

The religion of one age, is the literary entertainment of the next.
[+] 4 users Like =jesse='s post
01-04-2014, 09:54 AM
(01-04-2014 12:12 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  The use of technology to create information that isn't there.

It's a shitty time lapsed security footage from a gas station security camera. No amount of digital magic is going to allow you to zoom in on the image 100X and see the reflection of villain in the chrome of a hubcap on a car 100+ feet away. The information simply isn't there. You can't upscale a digital image to find hidden pixels. A 800x600 image is only 800 by 600 pixels, that's it. Zooming it in a bunch just makes the pixels larger, it does not reveal hidden additional pixels with more information!

Also, fuck you CSI: you are the most chronic offender of this bullshit. Dodgy

But you just say "enhance" a bunch of times to the computer, and the computer makes it all up!

[+] 1 user Likes Raptor Jesus's post
01-04-2014, 09:57 AM
(01-04-2014 01:33 AM)Dee Wrote:  Keeping their nipples hard, up close camera shots on breasts, looking at the "world" from between the actresses' legs, ass shots, crotch shots, peeking up the skirt shots, impractical clothing--well, selling sex for the male audience.

.......I don't know that I have as much of a problem with this one as you do...........

01-04-2014, 11:38 AM
(01-04-2014 02:21 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  When people are doing something on a computer, particularly some sort of spy type shit, and all they do is randomly press a bunch of buttons (looking at you Homeland).

Jurassic Park

If a mouse is good enough for Samuel L. Jackson, it's good enough for anybody.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
28-04-2014, 10:17 PM
(28-03-2014 10:26 PM)sporehux Wrote:  Villain get knocked out and the protaganist desperately tries to escape before they come to.
Instead of just stomping the villains skull to a mushy pulp.

^^^ yes! THIS annoys me. Or, when they do try to kill the villain but don't finish the job. They shoot or stab the victim, then just sit there and stare at him/her instead of being sure he/she is dead, or at the VERY least, getting the hell out of there! Instead, they sit next to the body with the weapon within reach of the villain.

Unrealist accuracy and range of firearms.
Ignoring magazine capacity of guns
Not taking cover in a firefight
Cars explode from gun fire
Bullets shooting people if an ammo crate catches on fire.
There are just too many things to whine about

All of this too! Stupid protagonist with a handgun in each hand, diving laterally while firing through a hail of bullets fired by 2 or 3 bad guys, and he kills all of them without being wounded himself.
Or when a cop holds a weapon incorrectly, especially if his/her finger is all over the trigger before ready to fire.
[+] 1 user Likes beeglez's post
01-05-2014, 06:45 AM
I didn't have a great way to articulate this one, unless you too have noticed it. But fortunately, there's a video!

The Super Hero Three Point Landing!!