Things that drive me nuts in movies

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-05-2014, 05:46 PM
RE: Things that drive me nuts in movies
I drives me super-duper crazy when a scene is set up so that an actor is talking to another actor with his or her back to the other actor but looking off in the distance and doing a sort of siloque for the camera. It's set up so the camera sees the faces of both actors, one in the foreground talking and the other in the background listening and looking at the back of the talking actor. Nobody does this in real life. It's really stupid.

I hope I described this well enough.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
04-05-2014, 06:09 PM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2014 06:13 PM by djhall.)
Lets see:

It drives me insane when the bad guy and another man are fighting (especially over a gun) while a woman stands there watching and screaming. WTF? Just because she is a woman she can't / won't pick up the gun or something to use as a club and help him???

If you are unarmed, attacked by multiple armed men, and you take a weapon from one of them, who the f**k throws the perfectly good weapon on the ground before running away while the rest of the armed attackers are still after them????

If you are going to show something technical, either make the effort to show something even remotely plausible or just don't show it at all. You don't hack into a computer system by playing a video game. You don't use Firefox decrypt encrypted data. A stack of 3Com network switches and patch panels with patch cords looks nothing like a mainframe computer.
[+] 4 users Like djhall's post
04-05-2014, 06:10 PM
Accidental post, can't delete for some reason....
04-05-2014, 10:25 PM
(04-05-2014 05:46 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I drives me super-duper crazy when a scene is set up so that an actor is talking to another actor with his or her back to the other actor but looking off in the distance and doing a sort of siloque for the camera. It's set up so the camera sees the faces of both actors, one in the foreground talking and the other in the background listening and looking at the back of the talking actor. Nobody does this in real life. It's really stupid.

OH that is such a GOOD one. I've always hated that too! Who does that. I always think one day I should just have full conversations with a person that way, just to amuse myself.

If I was having a very serious conversation with someone and they just stood looking out the window with their back turned to me, I would be so pissed!

07-05-2014, 05:41 PM
(04-05-2014 10:25 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  
(04-05-2014 05:46 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I drives me super-duper crazy when a scene is set up so that an actor is talking to another actor with his or her back to the other actor but looking off in the distance and doing a sort of siloque for the camera. It's set up so the camera sees the faces of both actors, one in the foreground talking and the other in the background listening and looking at the back of the talking actor. Nobody does this in real life. It's really stupid.

OH that is such a GOOD one. I've always hated that too! Who does that. I always think one day I should just have full conversations with a person that way, just to amuse myself.

If I was having a very serious conversation with someone and they just stood looking out the window with their back turned to me, I would be so pissed!

It seems like this has been used in film since the talkies began and it's used in TV a lot too especially in soap operas. They love it in soap operas. I'd like to know what director first did this on film, though it might have been left over from stage acting. I donno, but it sure is dumb.

I think I'll experiment and have a conversation with my husband that way and see what he does. Big Grin

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
09-05-2014, 05:59 PM
Just saw another one!

When an actor or actress takes a drink, but clearly doesn't drink any liquid at all. You can tell by how they tilt the glass, or how short the "sip" is.

What makes it worse is when it's a clear glass, and you can actually see the liquid, and see that it does not ever even make contact with the actor's lips, yet they act out swallowing anyway.

Just actually drink the fake margarita so we can pretend to believe your are really getting drunk, or whatever it is that is being acted out.

[+] 1 user Likes Raptor Jesus's post
09-05-2014, 06:04 PM
(09-05-2014 05:59 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  Just saw another one!

When an actor or actress takes a drink, but clearly doesn't drink any liquid at all. You can tell by how they tilt the glass, or how short the "sip" is.

What makes it worse is when it's a clear glass, and you can actually see the liquid, and see that it does not ever even make contact with the actor's lips, yet they act out swallowing anyway.

Just actually drink the fake margarita so we can pretend to believe your are really getting drunk, or whatever it is that is being acted out.

Why not get drunk on stage?

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
10-05-2014, 02:33 PM
The speed with which people fall in love. In Wes Side Story, Tony and Maria knew each other for juuuuust about 24 hours. If that. I mean, damn.

Religion is proof that invisible men can obscure your vision.
Visit my blog
Follow me on Twitter @TwoCultSurvivor
10-05-2014, 02:38 PM
(10-05-2014 02:33 PM)TwoCultSurvivor Wrote:  The speed with which people fall in love. In Wes Side Story, Tony and Maria knew each other for juuuuust about 24 hours. If that. I mean, damn.

Blame Shakespeare. Romeo and Juliet is not a love story it is a 3 day relationship that caused 6 deaths.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
10-05-2014, 07:21 PM
"Greetings, Hero of the Movie, I know I have you trapped here and should just kill you right now but instead, I shall tell you of my plan in intricate detail so that you'll know exactly how to foil me in the last 2 minutes of the movie. After I do this, I shall leave thinking you'll just die. I won't check you're bindings and I certainly won't just shoot you right now. I shall say something witty and exit the room- laughing maniacally all the way."

There is no "I" in "team" but there is a broken and mixed up "me."