Things that make me crazy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-11-2012, 04:13 AM
RE: Things that make me crazy
(11-11-2012 01:32 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I think I mentioned a few weeks ago that I had worked out how the whole thing started and how it will end and how therefore William Lane Craig gets it wrong when he rambles on about a spaceless, timeless entity. But no one picked me up on it.
well what is it?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-11-2012, 08:13 AM
(11-11-2012 01:32 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I think I mentioned a few weeks ago that I had worked out how the whole thing started and how it will end and how therefore William Lane Craig gets it wrong when he rambles on about a spaceless, timeless entity. But no one picked me up on it.
It wasn't peer reviewed. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-11-2012, 08:35 AM
(11-11-2012 04:13 AM)Diablo666 Wrote:  
well what is it?

Well, it's gonna sound a bit like I have just come home from a House of Cantor Holiday Camp.

So I am a bit reluctant.

I'm kinda wishing that I had gone to university. If I hadn't dropped out at 16, I wouldn't have to spend so much time now on the Wikip.

Anyway, I will try to pen something semi-coherent for you.

11-11-2012, 09:47 AM
Does that mean there will be Gwynnies? Big Grin

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
11-11-2012, 09:53 AM

Looks like you'll have the same response this time as well. Drinking Beverage

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
11-11-2012, 10:13 AM
(11-11-2012 09:53 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  

Looks like you'll have the same response this time as well. Drinking Beverage
I think my problem may lie in not being able to reasonably and logically accept that "nothingness" is a reality. It simply does not resonate with my mind at all. An absolute void could not produce an existence. The old adage, "from nothing, nothing comes" applies here.

So for science to say that the Big Bang came from nothing, and/or the universe is expanding into nothing, I simply cannot accept.

It defies all logic and reason to me.

How can anyone become an atheist when we were all born with no religious beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were ...
BORN THIS WAY
11-11-2012, 10:17 AM
(11-11-2012 10:13 AM)Free Wrote:  
(11-11-2012 09:53 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Looks like you'll have the same response this time as well. Drinking Beverage
I think my problem may lie in not being able to reasonably and logically accept that "nothingness" is a reality. It simply does not resonate with my mind at all. An absolute void could not produce an existence. The old adage, "from nothing, nothing comes" applies here.

So for science to say that the Big Bang came from nothing, and/or the universe is expanding into nothing, I simply cannot accept.

Empty space produces particles, so empty space is not nothing.

So maybe there is no nothing.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
11-11-2012, 10:23 AM
(11-11-2012 10:17 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(11-11-2012 10:13 AM)Free Wrote:  I think my problem may lie in not being able to reasonably and logically accept that "nothingness" is a reality. It simply does not resonate with my mind at all. An absolute void could not produce an existence. The old adage, "from nothing, nothing comes" applies here.

Agreed.

When scientists claim the Big Bang originated from nothing, they cannot possibly be correct. I believe the best answer is, "The Big Bang originated from something yet unknown."

How can anyone become an atheist when we were all born with no religious beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were ...
BORN THIS WAY
[+] 1 user Likes Free's post
11-11-2012, 10:24 AM
(11-11-2012 10:17 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(11-11-2012 10:13 AM)Free Wrote:  I think my problem may lie in not being able to reasonably and logically accept that "nothingness" is a reality. It simply does not resonate with my mind at all. An absolute void could not produce an existence. The old adage, "from nothing, nothing comes" applies here.

And if a woman says she wants nothing more to do with you, that's really something?

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
11-11-2012, 02:09 PM
(11-11-2012 10:23 AM)Free Wrote:  
(11-11-2012 10:17 AM)Chas Wrote:  Empty space produces particles, so empty space is not nothing.

Agreed.

When scientists claim the Big Bang originated from nothing, they cannot possibly be correct. I believe the best answer is, "The Big Bang originated from something yet unknown."
This is what I tell creationists who try to pull the "can't get something from nothing" argument. I tell them that we don't yet know what caused the big bang - if anything - but that that does not mean that it was God. It simply means that we don't yet know.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post