Things that should not be said in your presence

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-08-2015, 04:52 AM
Things that should not be said in your presence
What kind of statements said to you in person or around you piss you off? List them for funsies.

My examples:

"Oh I love Metallica! Enter Sandman is my favorite song!" or "I love Genesis, Invisible Touch is my favorite album".

Stupid religious statements belong here too:

"Nobody killed in Nashville shooting, #godisgood
"

[Image: shaun2ci.gif]

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like ELK12695's post
15-08-2015, 05:14 AM
RE: Things that should not be said in your presence
The use of the word 'retard'. Any potential respect for a person is nearly wiped out in my mind when using that word...unless it's in the form of something like - flame retardant.

Variations such as Reliotard and Christard are equally distasteful.

People referring to pets as 'it's just a cat/dog/whatever to try to explain abandoning an animal, reacting to the death of a pet, or questioning why you place importance on your pets.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 6 users Like Anjele's post
15-08-2015, 05:22 AM (This post was last modified: 15-08-2015 05:26 AM by RocketSurgeon76.)
Anyone who is easily offended by words, rather than ideas or actual hostile intent.

"Grotesque horrible violence is okay, as long as nobody says any naughty words."
-Sheila Broflovski

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
15-08-2015, 05:24 AM
Considering the number of words available...it would be the rare person who isn't touched by a few...be it in a good way or bad.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
15-08-2015, 05:34 AM
I hate it when someone says "you black people should be happy to have been slaves, other wise you would be stuck in africa." This comment is so ignorant.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 6 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
15-08-2015, 05:36 AM
Ideas are dangerous. Words are not. Simple-minded word censorship is for Christards. *shrug*

Oh hell, there went my respect. Weeping

Now, if someone has actual hostile intent toward or negative opinions of people who have mental handicaps, that's an idea, a harmful one, and they're bad people who deserve your contempt.

Sorry I felt the need to pick a fight, here, but it irks the hell out of me when people tell me what words are okay or not okay to say.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 4 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
15-08-2015, 05:54 AM
I may draw conclusions or take action based off what they say, but I tend to bypass the pissed off portion of my reaction. The chemicals in my brain just don't fire that way.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
15-08-2015, 05:58 AM
I couldn't give a shit.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
15-08-2015, 08:52 AM
Racial slurs. There's no place for them, there's no justification for them, and accepting their use only helps to perpetuate racism itself by making people feel it's okay.

It's not.

I won't tell anyone what to say or not say, but if you express your racism around me you will get pushback. Racism should not go unanswered.
[+] 6 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
15-08-2015, 09:01 AM
"Was that it?"

Blush

[+] 7 users Like DLJ's post