Things that should not be said in your presence

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-08-2015, 09:55 AM
RE: Things that should not be said in your presence
(15-08-2015 09:42 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(15-08-2015 09:41 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Marriage is telling people you fuck this person without having to say I fuck this person.

Some of us who are married might disagree Tongue

I guess technically she's my common law suppose, but the sex is long gone.

Yeah, whether you are married or not married to someone, there are times when no sexy time is happening Sadcryface2
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-08-2015, 09:56 AM
(15-08-2015 09:44 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(15-08-2015 09:38 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Oh, cool, we are? I'll have to ask my boyfriend if he'll be the best man Laugh out load

He already said he would, I thought?

Anyway, he just needs to remember the rings and the guacamole.

Oh definitely the guacamole! I could not get married without it Heart
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
15-08-2015, 11:02 AM
"I don't believe in divorce."

"People get divorced these days because when they say their vows what they really mean is 'as long as it's convenient.'" I'm sorry, what part of losing half your shit, sharing custody, broken dreams, and a decrease in your quality of living is convenient?

Negative comments about a woman's weight. Pretty sure most women are well aware of their body weight. How about building a person up rather than tearing them down? Still reeling over being told I look "sickly" and "need to eat something" earlier this week. Really not your place to discuss my weight, thanks.

Calling a woman "skinny fat." That one makes my blood boil. Not every woman is going to look like the front cover of Women's Health or Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition. Feel free to go fuck yourself. Just because you feel bad about yourself doesn't mean you have to insult someone else.

Gossip - I tend to walk off, or I'm the 'bitch' that says "who cares?" if they try to involve me. Don't go spreading bullshit, damaging rumors. I don't care if you think Betty Sue is a slut because you heard she's slept with two different coworkers this past week. Who gives a fuck? Not my business unless she's sleeping with my partner. I can make my own opinions about people. Apparently I'm gossip fodder - one of the guys said "I thought you had a boyfriend" after mentioning I was going out for a drink with a guy. Maybe that's why the DILF backed off? Where the fuck would people get the impression that I have a new boyfriend?

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 9 users Like Nurse's post
15-08-2015, 11:28 AM
(15-08-2015 09:55 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(15-08-2015 09:42 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Some of us who are married might disagree Tongue

I guess technically she's my common law suppose, but the sex is long gone.

Yeah, whether you are married or not married to someone, there are times when no sexy time is happening Sadcryface2

And there are times when you're more like roommates who happen to have had kids together.

Not that I'm bitter or anything....
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
15-08-2015, 11:31 AM
(15-08-2015 11:28 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(15-08-2015 09:55 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Yeah, whether you are married or not married to someone, there are times when no sexy time is happening Sadcryface2

And there are times when you're more like roommates who happen to have had kids together.

Not that I'm bitter or anything....

Yeah, I can relate to that--minus the kids.
15-08-2015, 11:31 AM
Niagra Falls!

15-08-2015, 11:36 AM
"Woooo he got face-raped" is an appropriate statement while playing a multiplayer shooter! It's meant to be a funny. Spoken laughingly! And in that context, obviously, "face raped" actually means "shot in the face with a rocket launcher" which has nothing to do with actual rape.

Mayyyybe not words you want to go throwing around in public, though, even while wearing a smile backed by genuine humorous intent, no?

Consider Though I have difficulty not calling someone, who'd say that out loud in a group therapy session, a retard! Confused

Laugh out load Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
15-08-2015, 12:19 PM
(15-08-2015 09:47 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Thump and Jennybee -

Seeing as there are few ways one can use a racial slur without being racist, I tend to agree with you on that, Jenny. In that particular case, there's a direct equivalence between the use of those words (not a problem by itself) and a hostile intent toward those people (the objectionable idea). Racism is a disgusting concept, and I've never understood it, except on the "evolutionary psychology" explanation of tribal xenophobia, but I think that's inadequate and underestimates the power of social constructs... "you've got to be carefully taught". But all that said, I think it's fairly easy to detect the intent of a user of words, and that banning or objecting to the particular terms themselves is silly, however popular it has become to object to language itself, rather than the contextual meaning encoded (or not) in that language.

Of course it's the intent, but language is what conveys it. I mean, I detest the construct "n-word" too, because if I'm talking about racial pejoratives, sanitized language undermines the point. So yes, everything in context. That said, if someone utters a racial slur around me, I am not obligated to keep shut out of deference for freedom of speech; indeed, the opposite is true -- that if someone's exercise of free speech bothers me, the appropriate response is not censorship, but more speech ... and I'm happy to oblige.

(15-08-2015 09:47 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  If a person is racist or otherwise bigoted, scorn and contempt shall rightly follow. But I'd rather offend America's ever-growing force of word-police than spend my life worrying about following some sort of (current, up to date version of) rhetorical purity.

It's not about rhetorical purity. Words have power. It's not about being offended. It's about working against an obnoxious ideology. See, slurs don't offend me, but bigotry angers me, because members of my family, including my own son, have been victimized by it. I will not remain silent in its presence, and I don't give a fuck if that bothers anyone.
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
15-08-2015, 01:41 PM
The one thing no guy ever wants to hear ---

"Is it in yet?"

heh

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
15-08-2015, 04:45 PM
The only thing I can think of is.. I speak Styrofoam... then the person proceeds to rub Styrofoam making that cringe inducing noise to me.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson