Things that should not be said in your presence

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-08-2015, 10:04 PM
RE: Things that should not be said in your presence
(19-08-2015 08:42 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(19-08-2015 08:24 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  lol, there's a mama's boy.

yep, and i couldn't run away fast enough from that one! Laugh out load

I remember one time, about nine or ten, catching my dad in the kitchen cooking, and pointing and laughing about him doing "woman's work". Very seriously he set down the ladle and turned around, telling me, "Boy, I ain't got no respect for a man who can't feed himself."

Lesson learnt.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
19-08-2015, 10:38 PM
Ah, that... yeah, "women's work" would qualify as one of my entries in answer to the OP.

And I agree, I think I can date above my "weight class" (boxing/wrestling metaphor, nothing else) because the saying "The way to a man's heart is through his stomach" turns out to be genderless. Perhaps moreso in the other direction, since this society is still patriarchal and sexist, and no one "expects" a man to be able to cook, so you get the element of surprise AND the dopamine receptor stimulation effect. Smile

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
20-08-2015, 02:20 AM
"I have a quick tax question for you..."

There are no "quick tax questions." You're just saying that because you don't want to pay me for the advice. Dodgy

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 4 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
20-08-2015, 09:25 PM
''If you let me spend the night, we could have breakfast together.''

This isn't as upsetting as it is funny. This guy actually thought I'd say...'oh well, in that case then...'

Facepalm Laugh out load

If I were a man, I would not say such silly nonsense to women, hoping that a line here or there would work. I would just buy her expensive jewelry, shower her with the best compliments ever, and then give her the most awesome sex of her life.

If only men did this. In that order. Unsure

Laugh out load jk!

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 2 users Like Deidre32's post
20-08-2015, 10:34 PM
Deidre - Try not to be too hard on the "line-dropping" guys. We're taught basically from puberty that we (males) have to be the ones who pursue, by any and all (legal/ethical) means, if we're to be successful at the mating game. It does occasionally produce some ridiculous results, especially if you're choosing egocentric "alpha males", who can't see past their own "awesomeness" to understand that you are not the kind of girl who appreciates that sort of line. Granted, I agree that you should be rejecting guys who don't understand you before trying to sleep with you, but they're a product of our culture.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 4 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
21-08-2015, 05:31 AM
(20-08-2015 10:34 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Deidre - Try not to be too hard on the "line-dropping" guys. We're taught basically from puberty that we (males) have to be the ones who pursue, by any and all (legal/ethical) means, if we're to be successful at the mating game. It does occasionally produce some ridiculous results, especially if you're choosing egocentric "alpha males", who can't see past their own "awesomeness" to understand that you are not the kind of girl who appreciates that sort of line. Granted, I agree that you should be rejecting guys who don't understand you before trying to sleep with you, but they're a product of our culture.

Consider this is interesting.

21-08-2015, 05:39 AM
God did it. I hate that shit.Dodgy

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
[+] 3 users Like Leo's post
21-08-2015, 08:13 AM
(20-08-2015 09:25 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  ''If you let me spend the night, we could have breakfast together.''

This isn't as upsetting as it is funny. This guy actually thought I'd say...'oh well, in that case then...'

Facepalm Laugh out load

If I were a man, I would not say such silly nonsense to women, hoping that a line here or there would work. I would just buy her expensive jewelry, shower her with the best compliments ever, and then give her the most awesome sex of her life.

Laugh out load jk!

You see, men. This is why you should never take dating advice from women. I'd have no problem with the strategy if it actually worked like that, but it my experience it tends to go more like this.

1) Buy expensive gifts
2) Shower her with the best complements ever
3) awesome sex She says "I feel like this could be something special. Let's not ruin it by moving too fast..." then leaves to have sex with the asshole who treats her like crap.

So I changed my approach once I realized it was much more effective to be the guy your mom warned you about. No compliments, no gifts, I'm totally self absorbed and put my friends and hobbies ahead of spending time with you, your friends hate me and we fight all the time. But hey, at least the makeup sex is fantastic... Tongue

But, yeah, I totally agree about that breakfast line. That's pretty pathetic.

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
21-08-2015, 09:50 AM
(19-08-2015 10:38 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  "The way to a man's heart is through his stomach"

Not for me. I seriously hate it when people cook food for me. Resturants work fine, but otherwise, if I didn't make it, I ain't eating.

(maybe because I fucking hate sharing, never eat pizza unless you're alone)

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 2 users Like ELK12695's post
21-08-2015, 11:25 AM
(21-08-2015 08:13 AM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  
(20-08-2015 09:25 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  ''If you let me spend the night, we could have breakfast together.''

Facepalm Laugh out load

Laugh out load jk!

You see, men. This is why you should never take dating advice from women. I'd have no problem with the strategy if it actually worked like that, but it my experience it tends to go more like this.

1) Buy expensive gifts
2) Shower her with the best complements ever
3) awesome sex She says "I feel like this could be something special. Let's not ruin it by moving too fast..." then leaves to have sex with the asshole who treats her like crap.

So I changed my approach once I realized it was much more effective to be the guy your mom warned you about. No compliments, no gifts, I'm totally self absorbed and put my friends and hobbies ahead of spending time with you, your friends hate me and we fight all the time. But hey, at least the makeup sex is fantastic... Tongue

But, yeah, I totally agree about that breakfast line. That's pretty pathetic.

But, the type of chick you’re attracting is an insecure one who probably has daddy issues. Sorry, but women who have self respect don’t date guys who treat them poorly. I know this from experience for I used to date those types.

That said, I was just kidding with what I would do if I were a guy hence the ‘jk’ in the post. Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post