Things that should not be said in your presence

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-08-2015, 11:29 AM
RE: Things that should not be said in your presence
"Thoughts and prayers" whenever someone passes away. That shit gets really old fast. What are they thinking? I'm glad that wasn't me? Did I remember to turn the porch light off when I left home this morning? Arby's?

And what the fuck are they praying for? A miraculous ressurection? That you don't get lost on your way to wooland?

I know people mean well and want to show support, but those are times when I would rather be left alone to process rather than field calls full of cliche Hallmark sentiment . . .

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-08-2015, 12:11 PM
(21-08-2015 11:25 AM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(21-08-2015 08:13 AM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  You see, men. This is why you should never take dating advice from women. I'd have no problem with the strategy if it actually worked like that, but it my experience it tends to go more like this.

1) Buy expensive gifts
2) Shower her with the best complements ever
3) awesome sex She says "I feel like this could be something special. Let's not ruin it by moving too fast..." then leaves to have sex with the asshole who treats her like crap.

So I changed my approach once I realized it was much more effective to be the guy your mom warned you about. No compliments, no gifts, I'm totally self absorbed and put my friends and hobbies ahead of spending time with you, your friends hate me and we fight all the time. But hey, at least the makeup sex is fantastic... Tongue

But, yeah, I totally agree about that breakfast line. That's pretty pathetic.

But, the type of chick you’re attracting is an insecure one who probably has daddy issues.

And the problem with that is...what exactly?

(sorry, the setup was too good to resist)

(21-08-2015 11:25 AM)Deidre32 Wrote:  That said, I was just kidding with what I would do if I were a guy hence the ‘jk’ in the post. Big Grin

So was I, hence the " Tongue " in the post. Big Grin

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Can_of_Beans's post
21-08-2015, 01:44 PM
(21-08-2015 12:11 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  
(21-08-2015 11:25 AM)Deidre32 Wrote:  But, the type of chick you’re attracting is an insecure one who probably has daddy issues.

(21-08-2015 11:25 AM)Deidre32 Wrote:  That said, I was just kidding with what I would do if I were a guy hence the ‘jk’ in the post. Big Grin

oh my gosh, really??? Laugh out load I totally thought you were serious. Facepalm

Time for me to start my weekend! Big Grin

HugsHeart

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
21-08-2015, 02:20 PM
(21-08-2015 11:29 AM)Octapulse Wrote:  "Thoughts and or prayers"

Fixed!

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
21-08-2015, 02:36 PM
(21-08-2015 02:20 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(21-08-2015 11:29 AM)Octapulse Wrote:  "Thoughts and or prayers"

Fixed!

That took care of the issue, I feel much better No

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
[+] 1 user Likes Octapulse's post
21-08-2015, 02:39 PM
(21-08-2015 12:11 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  
(21-08-2015 11:25 AM)Deidre32 Wrote:  But, the type of chick you’re attracting is an insecure one who probably has daddy issues.

You know what's funny about all this, is that when I was reading your post I thought...I always thought Can of Beans was a nice guy! What is thisss? Gasp

Laugh out load It's been a long week. Big Grin

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 2 users Like Deidre32's post
21-08-2015, 02:50 PM
(19-08-2015 06:12 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I'm am a horrendous cook. So far, though, no one has wound up in the ER Big Grin

They're dead before they can get there? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
21-08-2015, 02:51 PM
(21-08-2015 02:39 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(21-08-2015 12:11 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  And the problem with that is...what exactly?

You know what's funny about all this, is that when I was reading your post I thought...I always thought Can of Beans was a nice guy! What is thisss? Gasp

Laugh out load It's been a long week. Big Grin

That's funny. I actually got the idea from a friend who said I was too nice. She joked that I should project more of an asshole vibe because women like a challenge and go for guys they think they can change. Once they're hooked I could switch it up and be like "Haha, the joke's on you! You thought you were dating a jerk, but I'm actually a nice guy." Laughat

So I typed up something like that for a PoF profile using the headline "Emotionally Unavailable Man." The results were split between women who thought it was hilarious and women who thought I needed a stern talking to. No dates though... Blush

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 1 user Likes Can_of_Beans's post
21-08-2015, 02:52 PM
(20-08-2015 09:25 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  ''If you let me spend the night, we could have breakfast together.''

This isn't as upsetting as it is funny. This guy actually thought I'd say...'oh well, in that case then...'

Facepalm Laugh out load

If I were a man, I would not say such silly nonsense to women, hoping that a line here or there would work. I would just buy her expensive jewelry, shower her with the best compliments ever, and then give her the most awesome sex of her life.

If only men did this. In that order. Unsure

Laugh out load jk!

That's my usual M.O. Followed up with cooking breakfast for you. Big Grin

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
21-08-2015, 04:40 PM
(20-08-2015 10:34 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Deidre - Try not to be too hard on the "line-dropping" guys. We're taught basically from puberty that we (males) have to be the ones who pursue, by any and all (legal/ethical) means, if we're to be successful at the mating game.

Personal rant begins:
I guess you're right, I have never really understood any of it. I have never asked out any girl out on anything for real like, but when I have slightly implied it, women seemingly find it "offensive" to be asked out. And I try my best to be as least intruding or annoying as possible. It's gone to the point where I've given up so to say, the idea being "Why do I have to ask out the girl, why do I need to tell a girl that I like her?". So I don't approach women at my own age anymore, given because I don't see the point (haven't met a girl in a while that I can befriend either). I have no sex appeal as far as I'm concerned. Even if I get fit and become a good as fuck prog/metal drummer, and that attracts female attention, I'm wondering if I would turn down or ignore girls coming on to me just out of nonsensical spite. I guess it doesn't help me asking out anybody when I have no sex drive anymore, hell I don't even mastrubate anymore. I would like a GF out of need for attention, a different kind of attention you'd get from family or friends.

I've derailed for too long

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."