Things that should not be said in your presence

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-08-2015, 06:26 PM
RE: Things that should not be said in your presence
(21-08-2015 02:51 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  
(21-08-2015 02:39 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  You know what's funny about all this, is that when I was reading your post I thought...I always thought Can of Beans was a nice guy! What is thisss? Gasp

It's been a long week.

That's funny. I actually got the idea from a friend who said I was too nice. She joked that I should project more of an asshole vibe because women like a challenge and go for guys they think they can change. Once they're hooked I could switch it up and be like "Haha, the joke's on you! You thought you were dating a jerk, but I'm actually a nice guy." Laughat

So I typed up something like that for a PoF profile using the headline "Emotionally Unavailable Man." The results were split between women who thought it was hilarious and women who thought I needed a stern talking to. No dates though... Blush

Aw Laughat (just kidding!) Big Grin

In truth, and I'm being serious here...women who go for 'bad guys' usually have self respect issues. Not always self esteem issues, but issues that tend to go back to their childhood.

It's getting deep in here. Unsure

You are a nice guy, and it will pay off. You'll see. Heart

(21-08-2015 02:52 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(20-08-2015 09:25 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  ''If you let me spend the night, we could have breakfast together.''

This isn't as upsetting as it is funny. This guy actually thought I'd say...'oh well, in that case then...'

Facepalm Laugh out load

If I were a man, I would not say such silly nonsense to women, hoping that a line here or there would work. I would just buy her expensive jewelry, shower her with the best compliments ever, and then give her the most awesome sex of her life.

If only men did this. In that order. Unsure

Laugh out load jk!

That's my usual M.O. Followed up with cooking breakfast for you. Big Grin
I always thought you were amazing, now...I know it. Hug

(21-08-2015 04:40 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(20-08-2015 10:34 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Deidre - Try not to be too hard on the "line-dropping" guys. We're taught basically from puberty that we (males) have to be the ones who pursue, by any and all (legal/ethical) means, if we're to be successful at the mating game.

Personal rant begins:
I guess you're right, I have never really understood any of it. I have never asked out any girl out on anything for real like, but when I have slightly implied it, women seemingly find it "offensive" to be asked out. And I try my best to be as least intruding or annoying as possible. It's gone to the point where I've given up so to say, the idea being "Why do I have to ask out the girl, why do I need to tell a girl that I like her?". So I don't approach women at my own age anymore, given because I don't see the point (haven't met a girl in a while that I can befriend either). I have no sex appeal as far as I'm concerned. Even if I get fit and become a good as fuck prog/metal drummer, and that attracts female attention, I'm wondering if I would turn down or ignore girls coming on to me just out of nonsensical spite. I guess it doesn't help me asking out anybody when I have no sex drive anymore, hell I don't even mastrubate anymore. I would like a GF out of need for attention, a different kind of attention you'd get from family or friends.

I've derailed for too long

Sometimes, the best relationships just 'happen.' No one asking the other person out or anything formalized...a friendship blossoms and then...it just happens. I think you are too hard on yourself. Sadcryface Hug

Be true to yourself. Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Deidre32's post
21-08-2015, 11:14 PM
Yeah, right... lemme just make it easy for you to troll me. Hobo

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-08-2015, 02:18 AM
"Your BMI is ..." Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
22-08-2015, 11:21 AM
''Time heals all wounds.''

Not really. Some emotional wounds never heal. I'm having a sad day. Sad

22-08-2015, 11:25 AM
(22-08-2015 11:21 AM)Deidre32 Wrote:  ''Time heals all wounds.''

[img][Image: break_zps72ac46bd.jpg][/img]

I get it...hugs...feel better soon.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
22-08-2015, 11:26 AM
Hug

We adore you, Deidre, and that's not a small thing, given our skepticism and the members' general disdain of most of humanity. But you are pretty damned awesome. Muse on that when you feel low.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
22-08-2015, 11:45 AM
(22-08-2015 11:25 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(22-08-2015 11:21 AM)Deidre32 Wrote:  ''Time heals all wounds.''

[img][Image: break_zps72ac46bd.jpg][/img]

I get it...hugs...feel better soon.
Thank you so much, for this. Heart

(22-08-2015 11:26 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Hug

We adore you, Deidre, and that's not a small thing, given our skepticism and the members' general disdain of most of humanity. But you are pretty damned awesome. Muse on that when you feel low.

Oh, you. Thank you. You don't know how this lifts me up right now. You're pretty cool, yourself. Hug

[+] 2 users Like Deidre32's post
22-08-2015, 11:59 AM
Alas, my thread has been highjacked
[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 4 users Like ELK12695's post
22-08-2015, 12:50 PM
(22-08-2015 11:59 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Alas, my thread has been highjacked

Then here is something you won't want to hear:

THREAD DE-RAILED!!

[Image: 9743412192_d5d1fc7d2e.jpg]

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 3 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
22-08-2015, 01:15 PM
(22-08-2015 11:59 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Alas, my thread has been highjacked

Oh...I don't know. All the tangents seem to start from "things that should not be said in your presence."

Anyway, back on topic.

"Just be yourself."

This advice is usually given to people who are feeling down because they don't like the results they've historically gotten from just being themselves.

I could live with "be the best version of yourself," but "just be yourself" is advising someone who is not happy with their life to just keep doing more of what hasn't worked so far.

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 4 users Like Can_of_Beans's post