Things to do in New York

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-03-2017, 09:10 PM
Things to do in New York
I'll be in New York for a day or possibly more in June. I've already been to the 9/11 memorial, but haven't been to central park, or at the Statue of Liberty, or had an NY bagel, for example. What are some things I should do?

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
20-03-2017, 09:13 PM
RE: Things to do in New York
Empire State Building.
The Met.
There are also boat tours that take you around Manhattan that are totally worth it. Just make sure you do the one that goes completely around the island.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
20-03-2017, 09:15 PM
Pretzels. Definitely pretzels. Also have a look at the museums, and maybe grab tickets for one of the late-night TV shows or something on Broadway.

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Astreja's post
20-03-2017, 09:17 PM
Sit in traffic.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 3 users Like JDog554's post
20-03-2017, 11:05 PM
Hail a cab.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
21-03-2017, 02:28 AM
(20-03-2017 09:10 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  I'll be in New York for a day or possibly more in June. I've already been to the 9/11 memorial, but haven't been to central park, or at the Statue of Liberty, or had an NY bagel, for example. What are some things I should do?

My favorite destination in NYC is the Museum of Modern Art. You can see Van Gogh's Starry Night, Picasso's Les Demoiselles d'Avignon, Rousseau's The Dream, Dali's Persistence of Memory, Wyeth's Christina's World and many other famous and beautiful works.

Smile
[+] 3 users Like Thoreauvian's post
21-03-2017, 03:41 AM
(20-03-2017 09:13 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  The Met.
"The Mets suck..." Big Grin

I've never been, but would love to visit one day Smile

"I don't do magic, Morty, I do science. One takes brains, the other takes dark eye liner" - Rick
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
21-03-2017, 03:42 AM
Coney Island?

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
21-03-2017, 04:28 AM
Never been there, but I have heard good things from hikers that went to climb the mountains of garbage on the sidewalks.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
21-03-2017, 04:30 AM (This post was last modified: 21-03-2017 04:35 AM by GenesisNemesis.)
(21-03-2017 04:28 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Never been there, but I have heard good things from hikers that went to climb the mountains of garbage on the sidewalks.

There's probably some, but I don't recall seeing any last time I was there. I did see some trashbags and a man sleeping near them when I went to San Francisco, however. Might've been Berkeley, I forget which.