Things to do in New York

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-03-2017, 08:10 AM
RE: Things to do in New York
Go to the opera. Snort.
Go see if the music at St. John the Divine or St. Thomas is as good as they say.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
21-03-2017, 09:32 AM
Have lunch with Trainwreck.

[Image: tw_zpseq1kboaa.jpg]

#sigh
[+] 5 users Like GirlyMan's post
21-03-2017, 08:46 PM
It depends on what sorts of things you enjoy.

I enjoy just walking around the city and people watching/soaking up the vibe.

My family loves Central Park - if you are going this time of year, you will probably see some early signs of life in the ponds/waterways.
My family also LOVES the Museum of Natural History, which runs alongside the park. It's has an AMAZING dinosaur collection. And the best part is, you pay what you want to get in.
The MoMA or Met. I like the Guggenheim for the building - but it can be hit or miss w/ exhibits.
If you want a great view of the city, either Empire State Building or Top of the Rock. Be prepared for long waits though. And try if you can to go at sunset!
Chelsea Market is amazing for lunch - they have all types of cuisine. This was great for my family as we all have different likes/dislikes. I need one in my town!! lol
if you can see a show, and enjoy them, you should! We saw Matilda the last time we went and it was awesome. I am not sure if Something Rotten is still playing, but that's another good one. If you decide on a show, look around for coupon codes online but only buy direct, no second hand vendors.
You can typically get cheap nosebleed seats at the Met Opera the day of the performance.
SoHo is great for shopping.

I love NYC. Have fun!

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like ShadowProject's post
21-03-2017, 08:52 PM
Get mugged.

Get assaulted. Sexually, if possible.

Sexually assault a mugger.

Do whatever the fuck you like. Or somebody will do it to you first.,...

And if it's not as sleazy, crime ridden, corrupt and dangerous enough for you - I'd suggest a visit to Detroit..,.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
21-03-2017, 11:22 PM
The Bronx Zoo
"The train"
Grand Central Station
Eat ah slice
Fugetaboutit
Howahyah? Fugetaboutit
[+] 2 users Like Captain Congo's post
21-03-2017, 11:35 PM
I lived in NY for 55 years and couldn't be bothered going to the statue of liberty. Although I hear Trump is going to replace the lamp with a waterboard and turn it into a concentration camp.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 4 users Like Minimalist's post
22-03-2017, 05:22 AM
(21-03-2017 11:22 PM)Captain Congo Wrote:  The Bronx Zoo
"The train"
Grand Central Station
Eat ah slice
Fugetaboutit
Howahyah? Fugetaboutit

CWARFEE
"HEY ASSHOLE, IM WALKIN' HERE!"

Having problems with your computer? Visit the Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 3 users Like OakTree500's post
22-03-2017, 05:29 PM
(20-03-2017 09:10 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  I'll be in New York for a day or possibly more in June. I've already been to the 9/11 memorial, but haven't been to central park, or at the Statue of Liberty, or had an NY bagel, for example. What are some things I should do?

If it's really 1 day, it's tough to do much. But, my suggestions of things to do are (in random order):
1. Central Park - walk around, do a carriage ride. If the weather gets bad, the Museum of Natural History is on the west side of the park, the Guggenheim is on the east side. Central Park Zoo is fun but - be warned - it's nothing like how its represented in Madagascar. No lions, zebras, etc.
2. See a Broadway play. Buy tickets in advance. There are some great family style Italian restaurants in the Time Square area. It's very touristy (and pricey) but some great food.
3. Rockefeller Center. If you plan in advance, you can possibly see the taping of some TV shows in that area. If you're there on a Sunday, you can see them tape John Oliver in the HBO building. Maybe see the Daily Show taped, but that is up on the west side. You can also go to top of the world at 50 Rock. Empire State Building is an easy walk from there.
4. Circle Line boat cruise around the city.
5. Statue of Liberty/Ellis Island You can also get over to the Liberty Science Museum in Jersey City.
6. Coney Island is nice and the NY Aquarium is there. There is a Mets minor league team in Coney Island. CI is a pain to get to, though. Long ride on the subway. So, make sure you have more than one day if you do that.

I'll give it more thought. You can PM me if you want and I can give some other suggestions. But, anything you want to do that requires tickets, I suggest you start looking at them now. TV shows are free but you need to get on the list early.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 4 users Like BnW's post
22-03-2017, 06:51 PM
Head north until you get to the Adirondacks Big Grin

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
23-03-2017, 07:20 AM
Wear a bullet proof vest. Enjoy all the roaches and rats and trash that is every where.
[+] 2 users Like prhill's post