Things to do in New York

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-03-2017, 05:08 PM
RE: Things to do in New York
(23-03-2017 10:54 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  I know New York is a big place and all but any decent bars/pubs anybody would recommend?

Sal's place.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
24-03-2017, 04:51 AM
(23-03-2017 10:54 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  I know New York is a big place and all but any decent bars/pubs anybody would recommend?

If you are a beer person, next to the Port Authority bus station is a bar called the Beer Authority. Great selection. I guess it's 39th and 8th avenue. I also recommend Jimmy's Corner in Times Square on 44th, close to 7th. Despite the touristy location, it's priced to drink. Jimmy was a corner man for Ali and the place has great pictures.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
25-04-2017, 08:32 PM
(20-03-2017 09:10 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  I'll be in New York for a day or possibly more in June. I've already been to the 9/11 memorial, but haven't been to central park, or at the Statue of Liberty, or had an NY bagel, for example. What are some things I should do?

Aside from visiting in Central Park, or go around in the Statue of Liberty, if you think you will enjoy some broadshow do it. And the best thing is shopping!
[+] 1 user Likes Helleyouse's post
26-04-2017, 05:49 PM
(23-03-2017 09:35 AM)BnW Wrote:  
(23-03-2017 07:20 AM)prhill Wrote:  Wear a bullet proof vest. Enjoy all the roaches and rats and trash that is every where.

He's not visiting the city in the 1980s.

Still the greatest city in the world and I've seen a good amount of the world.

Hardly great. New Yorkers complain even all the time about how dirty it is an how roaches and rats rule Manhattan and how rude people and how dangerous it is are and on and on
26-04-2017, 07:15 PM
(23-03-2017 09:35 AM)BnW Wrote:  
(23-03-2017 07:20 AM)prhill Wrote:  Wear a bullet proof vest. Enjoy all the roaches and rats and trash that is every where.

He's not visiting the city in the 1980s.

Still the greatest city in the world and I've seen a good amount of the world.

I question your definition of 'greatest', sir.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post