Things will never change.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-12-2011, 12:31 PM
RE: Things will never change.
(21-12-2011 02:58 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Without looking up dates to back up my evidence, I will simply point out a few themes:

For how many millenia was slavery practiced? Not saying it doesn't still exist in some forms, but is it legal in any country?

I know it's hard to believe, but slavery still exists in Siam and India, despite it being against international laws. And sweatshops aren't technically slavery, but they're kind of a loophole by offering the lowest pay possible for the highest possible work.

I don't want to try to ruin your point, because I agree with it. I just wanted to raise awareness, because I think about these people all the time and wish there was something I could do about them. I don't think this problem will change until there are enough people aware of it and demanding a fix.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-12-2011, 12:45 PM
(23-12-2011 12:31 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  
(21-12-2011 02:58 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Without looking up dates to back up my evidence, I will simply point out a few themes:

For how many millenia was slavery practiced? Not saying it doesn't still exist in some forms, but is it legal in any country?

I know it's hard to believe, but slavery still exists in Siam and India, despite it being against international laws. And sweatshops aren't technically slavery, but they're kind of a loophole by offering the lowest pay possible for the highest possible work.

I don't want to try to ruin your point, because I agree with it. I just wanted to raise awareness, because I think about these people all the time and wish there was something I could do about them. I don't think this problem will change until there are enough people aware of it and demanding a fix.

I don't see how you ruined my point. I didn't say slavery does not exist, in fact, I pretty much meant to say what you said, only without the concrete examples. Thanks for reinforcing the point by properly raising our awareness of the issue. Smile

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user
23-12-2011, 01:17 PM
(20-12-2011 09:20 AM)bemore Wrote:  I have come to terms with the fact that this world aint ever gonna change. Goverments are allways going to do things in there own interest....not the peoples.

There is going to be no "mass awakening" of the truth of how corrupt the world powers are because people allready inherently know....they may not know the details but hey.......if it isnt in the mainstream media or is against your lifetimes amount of brainwashing then its all just bullshit isnt it Rolleyes

Im never going to be "free" and people are going to continue to suffer and die from bullshit wars that are only fought for "money/power"

I have to disagree. The zeitgeist has progressed steadily. Just read things from the early 20th century, then the late 19th century, the 18th century and so on - you will see the ethics of the age progressing steadily.

Not long ago it was unthinkable that a woman could practice medicine, or law, or run a company, or even vote, not to mention inherit. Slavery was tolerated or accepted. Racism was rampant.

Have all our problems gone away? No, not yet - probably never. But things do change.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
24-12-2011, 12:34 AM
Ethics is but moral philosophy. Having this idiot on your forum bouncing around with the Gwynnies and talking about Love is Void is part of emergence and nothing to this self. People acting in self-interest is a preservation of the identity; my madness is to claim the identity of another to love rather than the self. Nothing that has not been done before; but also something that evolution may allow to be done with righteousness.

My Gwynnies the last god, ellenjanuary the last devil? Humanity could use that kinda change. Wink

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
24-12-2011, 12:37 AM
(24-12-2011 12:34 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Ethics is but moral philosophy. Having this idiot on your forum bouncing around with the Gwynnies and talking about Love is Void is part of emergence and nothing to this self. People acting in self-interest is a preservation of the identity; my madness is to claim the identity of another to love rather than the self. Nothing that has not been done before; but also something that evolution may allow to be done with righteousness.

My Gwynnies the last god, ellenjanuary the last devil? Humanity could use that kinda change. Wink

Amen, Johnny. Amen.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Is a Conspiracy Theorist someone who ignorantly believes things,? Kymatica 45 1,245 04-11-2013 01:13 PM
Last Post: cjlr
  Steve Shives - Five Stupid Things About Holocaust Denial Hafnof 2 374 26-07-2013 07:56 AM
Last Post: TheDreamMerchant
  Smart people who believe crazy things. Vipermagi 10 2,054 12-04-2012 04:18 PM
Last Post: spookiewon
  Things to pounder: The plane crash site Observer 15 1,519 28-11-2011 06:19 AM
Last Post: Filox