Things you didn't think you'd be saying, a year ago...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-03-2014, 10:58 PM
Things you didn't think you'd be saying, a year ago...
Sorry, that's a clumsily worded title.

(I didn't think I'd be saying that, a year ago!)

What I mean is... looking back at your former self... a year or 5 years or last month or even yesterday... you might find you are a very different person or you have achieved something you thought you would never achieve, done something you thought you'd never do etc..

What was it?

What did you think you'd never say?

I'm sure there will be few who might say that saying "I'm an atheist" is something they thought they'd never say.

Or maybe, "look at me, I'm hang-gliding".

Or perhaps, "not tonight Megan, I'm too tired."

I wanna know. How have you changed?

Smile

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
25-03-2014, 11:08 PM (This post was last modified: 26-03-2014 10:53 AM by EvolutionKills.)
RE: Things you didn't think you'd be saying, a year ago...
I didn't care at all about religion until little over a year ago. I'd probably have been an apatheist or a very weak agnostic deist, or I might have just avoided any conversations about it. I wasn't a fan of religion for sure, but I didn't consider reading religious history or contemplating the possibility of objective reality as pastimes until my father went off the Southern Baptist deep-end.

He still doesn't like it when I point out he's the reason I'm an atheist; not to spite him, but because I didn't care enough to go looking for my own answers until he tried placing his on me. He should be proud, I took the time to look at all sides of the debate before I came to my opinions and conclusions; just like he taught me to do. A pity that he seems to have forgotten the value of his own lessons.

But now I'm here, smarter and wiser for it. But two years ago? No, back then I didn't see myself being here or holding the opinions I do now.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 9 users Like EvolutionKills's post
25-03-2014, 11:18 PM (This post was last modified: 25-03-2014 11:21 PM by Losty.)
Oooh I love this thread! Can I take it over with sexiness? Hmm I will limit myself on how many sexy posts I can make per day Wink

Things I didn't think I'd be saying:
I'm an atheist
I am happy
I'm a good mom/person/woman
I love my life
I have amazing friends though I haven't met any in person yet I love them all very much!
I'm not so insecure any more.
I love to talk about sex.
I want to be the forum slut.
Who do I have to blow to get a kissie face smilie :* ?
Things are really looking up.
I wake up every day feeling excited!
I love cock!
I love boobies!
I want to kiss a girl...

Ok ok I will post more stuffs tomorrow.
I really really love this thread!! My life has changed immensely over the past year!

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 10 users Like Losty's post
25-03-2014, 11:20 PM (This post was last modified: 25-03-2014 11:26 PM by Losty.)
I still don't know how to edit instead of reply lol

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 2 users Like Losty's post
25-03-2014, 11:28 PM
I'll have to give this some thought.

(really, and as an answer to the OP)

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
25-03-2014, 11:32 PM
(25-03-2014 11:18 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Oooh I love this thread! Can I take it over with sexiness? Hmm I will limit myself on how many sexy posts I can make per day Wink

Things I didn't think I'd be saying:
I'm an atheist
I am happy
I'm a good mom/person/woman
I love my life
I have amazing friends though I haven't met any in person yet I love them all very much!
I'm not so insecure any more.
I love to talk about sex.
I want to be the forum slut.
Who do I have to blow to get a kissie face smilie :* ?
Things are really looking up.
I wake up every day feeling excited!
I love cock!
I love boobies!
I want to kiss a girl...

Ok ok I will post more stuffs tomorrow.
I really really love this thread!! My life has changed immensely over the past year!

[Image: 1242079d1381003891-jlc-ebay-bid-walk-awa...e-meme.jpg]

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 8 users Like EvolutionKills's post
26-03-2014, 04:02 AM
Es tut mir leid aber my deutsch ist nicht gut.

It's taking me longer than I thought to learn German but at least now I don't start every conversation with the above sentence. I normally get a few sentences in before I have to resort to it.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
26-03-2014, 04:06 AM
Not a lot really. 7 months ago I don't think I would have said "Revenant is one of my best friends"; glad I can say that now.

[Image: fb6e1f3275d96c0030a08f01fc9aea23.png]

Otherwise, I don't think I would have predicted a year ago I would be able to play Pull Me Under after just half a year of playing drums.

[Image: 9f6.gif]
[+] 7 users Like ELK12695's post
26-03-2014, 04:11 AM
(25-03-2014 10:58 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Sorry, that's a clumsily worded title.

(I didn't think I'd be saying that, a year ago!)

What I mean is... looking back at your former self... a year or 5 years or last month or even yesterday... you might find you are a very different person or you have achieved something you thought you would never achieve, done something you thought you'd never do etc..

What was it?

What did you think you'd never say?

I'm sure there will be few who might say that saying "I'm an atheist" is something they thought they'd never say.

Or maybe, "look at me, I'm hang-gliding".

Or perhaps, "not tonight Megan, I'm too tired."

I wanna know. How have you changed?

Smile

hmm...

"I'm not angry or bored right now."

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post
26-03-2014, 04:47 AM
Didn't think I'd be saying "having watched them both, Enemy of the World is way better than the Web of Fear" this time last year.