Things you didn't think you'd be saying, a year ago...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-03-2014, 05:56 PM
RE: Things you didn't think you'd be saying, a year ago...
"I wish I had a job"

"I think I'll get my hair cut"

"Maybe I'll go to college"

"Think I'll go on a diet"

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Sam's post
26-03-2014, 07:38 PM
"I will never give up Mauy Thai!"

*Is now training in capoeira.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] ♪僕は恐怖の一定した状態に住んで、不幸、逃すもう?僕は、それはもう痛いときも気づかないと
Find all posts by this user
26-03-2014, 08:18 PM
As some of you may know, I filled in for a sick friend in a Holiday concert in the San Diego Cathedral. I sang the baritone solo from Hayden's "The Heavens Are Telling". Turns out they liked it. (Copy on request). Anyhooo. People were asking "Who was THAT ?" and they asked if I would do a couple things during the week before Easter, (Holy Week) and on Easter. I thought about it, and decided I had no good reason to say no. It's fun singing with the orchestra, and with the big choir in back of the soloists. I never thought a year ago, I'd be participating in a Christian worship service. Blush

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop fucking it up with your prayers.
[+] 8 users Like Bucky Ball's post
26-03-2014, 08:54 PM
(26-03-2014 08:18 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  As some of you may know, I filled in for a sick friend in a Holiday concert in the San Diego Cathedral. I sang the baritone solo from Hayden's "The Heavens Are Telling". Turns out they liked it. (Copy on request). Anyhooo. People were asking "Who was THAT ?" and they asked if I would do a couple things during the week before Easter, (Holy Week) and on Easter. I thought about it, and decided I had no good reason to say no. It's fun singing with the orchestra, and with the big choir in back of the soloists. I never thought a year ago, I'd be participating in a Christian worship service. Blush

I'd enjoy a copy, I love that kind of music.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
26-03-2014, 08:56 PM
I'll just 'cycle' to the grocery store.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
26-03-2014, 08:57 PM
(26-03-2014 08:18 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  As some of you may know, I filled in for a sick friend in a Holiday concert in the San Diego Cathedral. I sang the baritone solo from Hayden's "The Heavens Are Telling". Turns out they liked it. (Copy on request). Anyhooo. People were asking "Who was THAT ?" and they asked if I would do a couple things during the week before Easter, (Holy Week) and on Easter. I thought about it, and decided I had no good reason to say no. It's fun singing with the orchestra, and with the big choir in back of the soloists. I never thought a year ago, I'd be participating in a Christian worship service. Blush

Hypocrite much?

.....just sayin.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
26-03-2014, 08:59 PM
I never thought I'd be saying 'I'm married', or 'I live in New Mexico', or 'I'm an atheist' - the latter to my in-laws, all of whom are devout christians.

Never a dull day!

'It's not a lie, if you believe it.' - George Costanza
[+] 6 users Like prettylogical's post
26-03-2014, 09:09 PM
(26-03-2014 08:57 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  

Hypocrite much?

.....just sayin.

Geez Stark, he enjoys singing in a big production...you do celebrate Christmas don't you? Isn't that being a hypocrite?

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude.

Just because her eyes don't tear doesn't mean her heart doesn't cry. Just because she comes off strong doesn't mean there's nothing wrong.
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
26-03-2014, 09:14 PM
(26-03-2014 09:09 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(26-03-2014 08:57 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Hypocrite much?

.....just sayin.

Geez Stark, he enjoys singing in a big production...you do celebrate Christmas don't you? Isn't that being a hypocrite?

Actually, I celebrate the solstice. Besides, going to my families house for dinner at Christmas is a little different than "participating in a Christian worship service." Drinking Beverage

So many cats, so few good recipes.
26-03-2014, 09:16 PM
(26-03-2014 09:14 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(26-03-2014 09:09 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Geez Stark, he enjoys singing in a big production...you do celebrate Christmas don't you? Isn't that being a hypocrite?

Actually, I celebrate the solstice. Besides, going to my families house for dinner at Christmas is a little different than "participating in a Christian worship service." Drinking Beverage

My sister belongs to a choir in Chicago. She isn't religious...probably closer to atheist than not but singing with a church-based choir gives her the opportunity to sing that she wouldn't have otherwise. I just don't see a problem.

You grumpy today?

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude.

Just because her eyes don't tear doesn't mean her heart doesn't cry. Just because she comes off strong doesn't mean there's nothing wrong.
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post