Things you didn't think you'd be saying, a year ago...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-03-2014, 09:17 PM
RE: Things you didn't think you'd be saying, a year ago...
Jesus Stark. It's just a performance, let the kid enjoy a spotlight doing something he likes to do.

You gotta rag on KC for his actions here if you're gonna rag on Buck for singing a damn song.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
26-03-2014, 09:19 PM
(26-03-2014 09:17 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Jesus Stark. It's just a performance, let the kid enjoy a spotlight doing something he likes to do.

You gotta rag on KC for his actions here if you're gonna rag on Buck for singing a damn song.

Excellent point EH! Thumbsup

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
26-03-2014, 09:24 PM
(26-03-2014 08:18 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  As some of you may know, I filled in for a sick friend in a Holiday concert in the San Diego Cathedral. I sang the baritone solo from Hayden's "The Heavens Are Telling". Turns out they liked it. (Copy on request). Anyhooo. People were asking "Who was THAT ?" and they asked if I would do a couple things during the week before Easter, (Holy Week) and on Easter. I thought about it, and decided I had no good reason to say no. It's fun singing with the orchestra, and with the big choir in back of the soloists. I never thought a year ago, I'd be participating in a Christian worship service. Blush

While it is a little strange I applaud you for doing what makes you happy. Now what you have to figure out is how to change some of the lyrics during the performance without them knowing Yes Like this below

The heavens are telling the gory of God,
The wonder of his dork displays the firmament;

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
26-03-2014, 09:29 PM
Like others here I never thought I'd be this involved on an online atheist board.

I'd never thought I'd actually care what you guys think of me.

I never thought I'd go out of my way to meet any of you.

Funny how the world turns and life plays out.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 7 users Like Full Circle's post
26-03-2014, 09:38 PM
I don't want to just be content

"Good enough" isn't good enough any more

I'm going to make my kids proud to have me as a mother

I'm not afraid to figure out want I want and try to have it

I spend about 90% of my time thinking about sex...probably more

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 9 users Like Losty's post
26-03-2014, 09:41 PM
(26-03-2014 08:57 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(26-03-2014 08:18 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  As some of you may know, I filled in for a sick friend in a Holiday concert in the San Diego Cathedral. I sang the baritone solo from Hayden's "The Heavens Are Telling". Turns out they liked it. (Copy on request). Anyhooo. People were asking "Who was THAT ?" and they asked if I would do a couple things during the week before Easter, (Holy Week) and on Easter. I thought about it, and decided I had no good reason to say no. It's fun singing with the orchestra, and with the big choir in back of the soloists. I never thought a year ago, I'd be participating in a Christian worship service. Blush

Hypocrite much?
.....just sayin.

Judgmental much ?
.....just sayin.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
26-03-2014, 11:45 PM
(26-03-2014 08:54 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  

I'd enjoy a copy, I love that kind of music.

^ditto.

*Haydn

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
27-03-2014, 12:16 AM
I think I'll just turn on my Xbone.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
27-03-2014, 12:26 AM
(26-03-2014 09:17 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Jesus Stark. It's just a performance, let the kid enjoy a spotlight doing something he likes to do.

Sorry to sound harsh man, but frankly, I'll decide who I rag on and for what. You pick your battles I'll pick mine. Fair?

As far as "the battle" goes....it wasn't even meant to be one. But when I see something hypocritical, I call it out. I think an atheist taking part in a Christian worship is a crappy thing to do. Especially when it's someone who is normally so outspoken about how shitty religion is.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 3 users Like Stark Raving's post
27-03-2014, 03:14 AM
(27-03-2014 12:26 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  As far as "the battle" goes....it wasn't even meant to be one. But when I see something hypocritical, I call it out. I think an atheist taking part in a Christian worship is a crappy thing to do. Especially when it's someone who is normally so outspoken about how shitty religion is.

It could be considered hypocritical if Bucky Ball pretended to be a christian. But if he's out about being an atheist to them then I say it's a positive thing. It allows christians to see that atheists aren't the demons that they often are portrayed as. If anything it's subversive!
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post