Things you didn't think you'd be saying, a year ago...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-03-2014, 05:24 AM
RE: Things you didn't think you'd be saying, a year ago...
[Image: frabz-I-need-everyone-To-CALM-the-fuck-d...61fc12.jpg]

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
27-03-2014, 08:51 PM
Sorry guys. It seemed like a fun prank when we were talking about it, but I soon realized real people were gonna get hurt here, and I can't do this. A few of us decided we were gonna cook up an April Fool Day thing. First I was gonna say I had a bad dream about hell, and was converting back to Jebus. (Angie and Kingsy were gonna get involved and have a fake "ban".) Then we thought no one would buy it, so we decided to have a fake fight. As soon as I saw the first posts, I thought, "shit, what a mistake, people are gonna get hurt".

So : I'm sorry I was an idiot to start this. Stark only said what I told him to. I'm not singin' in no stinkin' Easter service, (no they didn't ask me Tongue ). I KNOW at least one priest at the Chancery Office in SD knows about my views, and I suspect he said (after Christmas) "not that guy, ever again". (I do sing in the Choral Society associated with another big church, but it's strictly "all are welcome").

We'll have to think up a better April Fools thing for next year. So, again, I apologize. We didn't think about the ramifications of "yanking people's chains". I should know better. Blush

Sorry also we hijacked the thread DLJ ... now back to "things you didn't think you'd be saying .. "

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
27-03-2014, 08:55 PM
You just got lucky, Stark.

[Image: watching-you-smiley-emoticon.gif]

Tongue

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
27-03-2014, 09:14 PM (This post was last modified: 28-03-2014 09:04 AM by Stark Raving.)
Shit.

Oh well. Bucks is right, it coulda got nasty fast.

And it's YOU who's lucky Heathen. We'll disagree one of these days. Then I'll give you a taste of the Raving side. Evil_monster

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 3 users Like Stark Raving's post
27-03-2014, 09:17 PM
Is it like....tradition here on this forum that once a year someone act like a doofus and pretend to convert to christianity?

Weirdos Tongue
[+] 5 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
27-03-2014, 09:19 PM
(27-03-2014 08:51 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Sorry guys. It seemed like a fun prank when we were talking about it, but I soon realized real people were gonna get hurt here, and I can't do this. A few of us decided we were gonna cook up an April Fool Day thing. First I was gonna say I had a bad dream about hell, and was converting back to Jebus. (Angie and Kingsy were gonna get involved and have a fake "ban".) Then we thought no one would buy it, so we decided to have a fake fight. As soon as I saw the first posts, I thought, "shit, what a mistake, people are gonna get hurt".

So : I'm sorry I was an idiot to start this. Stark only said what I told him to. I'm not singin' in no stinkin' Easter service, (no they didn't ask me Tongue ). I KNOW at least one priest at the Chancery Office in SD knows about my views, and I suspect he said (after Christmas) "not that guy, ever again". (I do sing in the Choral Society associated with another big church, but it's strictly "all are welcome").

We'll have to think up a better April Fools thing for next year. So, again, I apologize. We didn't think about the ramifications of "yanking people's chains". I should know better. Blush

Sorry also we hijacked the thread DLJ ... now back to "things you didn't think you'd be saying .. "

Problem is your co-conspirators. Stark getting up in arms over this is what struck people as weird had you gotten Muffs to play along or Taq than it would have worked. Start it small and then get it red hot by April 1st. At first people would see it as Muffs being muffs and Taq being Taq but as it went on then the fun could begin.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 5 users Like Revenant77x's post
27-03-2014, 09:23 PM
(27-03-2014 09:14 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Shit.

Oh well. Bucks is right, it coulda got nasty fast.

And it's YOU who's lucky Heathen. We'll disagree one of these days. Then I'll give you a tast of the Raving side. Evil_monster

[Image: laughing-my-ass-off-smiley-emoticon.gif]

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
28-03-2014, 09:04 AM
Aw c'mon! I don't strike you guys as the type to fly off the handle over something like this? Lol

Yeah yeah, you guys are right. But we had to give it a try.Tongue

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
28-03-2014, 09:10 AM
(28-03-2014 09:04 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Aw c'mon! I don't strike you guys as the type to fly off the handle over something like this? Lol

Yeah yeah, you guys are right. But we had to give it a try.Tongue

That part was even MORE unbelievable than MY going back to Jebus. Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
28-03-2014, 09:15 AM
Poor planning, poorer execution. Drinking Beverage

I suggest you consult DLJ as to where the flaws are in your business model.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post