Think Trump is Scary? This is Scarier.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-07-2017, 12:28 PM
Think Trump is Scary? This is Scarier.
Wow.

Now I'm scared. The makers are proud of their achievement, but I can't think of a single legitimate use for something like this, so why did they make it? Perhaps in a venue of unambiguous entertainment, like Sat Night Live, this could work - but even in that venue the satire derives its power from the fact that it's actors, not the real personality.

Well, it's a finished product now. Good luck world. This is Goebbels resurrected to the 100th power.

Why do we put so much effort into making propaganda ever more effective, and almost no effort at all into learning to recognize it and to resist it?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Airportkid's post
18-07-2017, 12:41 PM
RE: Think Trump is Scary? This is Scarier.
Hey, how about Max Headroom for president????

It's becoming a possibility...

Smile

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
18-07-2017, 12:55 PM
Cue Trump claiming he never said X, Y and Z and all the evidence was fabricated by the fake media.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
18-07-2017, 01:00 PM
(18-07-2017 12:41 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Hey, how about Max Headroom for president????

Smile

A can of coke could be VP.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
18-07-2017, 02:24 PM
First step to the implementation of an AI branch of the government is the artificial creation of presidential sounding dialogue.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
18-07-2017, 02:35 PM
>.> As scary as this tech could be (if misused) My dream of creating a Brady bunch reboot where every character is played by Obama is one step closer to reality!

(cause that's totally not abusing this tech >.> lol cough...)

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 3 users Like JesseB's post
18-07-2017, 02:50 PM
(18-07-2017 12:41 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Hey, how about Max Headroom for president????

Smile

All the bot already there needs is the stutter.
18-07-2017, 02:53 PM
(18-07-2017 01:00 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  

Smile

A can of coke could be VP.

It'd be an improvement on the current situation...

At least a fair number of Americans actually LIKE Coke.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
18-07-2017, 02:56 PM
We'll need a law to criminalize the use of this technology on a sitting politician. Could you imagine the panic that could be caused if a video emerged of the president saying something like an asteroid is about to hit earth or a pending invasion?

We must be very careful with this.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Lord Dark Helmet's post
18-07-2017, 03:03 PM
(18-07-2017 02:56 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  We'll need a law to criminalize the use of this technology on a sitting politician. Could you imagine the panic that could be caused if a video emerged of the president saying something like an asteroid is about to hit earth or a pending invasion?

We must be very careful with this.

I mean... you can pass any law you want but I can pretty much guarantee you If I really wanted I already could get access to this technology. Anyone who's on the security side of IT will tell you if you've heard about it, it's likely already pretty widely available and not even that hard to find if you know where to look. So yea.... someone uses it and gets caught they could pay the price, but... wouldn't it be too late by then?

I'm not sure playing whack a mole with hackers has ever been an effective strategy. But the strategies that could work are.... undesirable at best for most people. I'm not talking this police state we're heading for, I'm talking about people bothering to educate themselves. As well as new systems for authenticating video sources ect. There's a lot of things we COULD do, but yea most likely the dumb fucks in power will pass some toothless law, or a law that is so sweeping and broad it'll be a fucking nightmare.

Why? Well come fucktard old people with no concept of modern tech prolly shouldn't be in charge of making decisions on how tech should be regulated. But that's just my personal opinion.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post