Think Trump is Scary? This is Scarier.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-07-2017, 03:04 PM
RE: Think Trump is Scary? This is Scarier.
We could use it in translating of what politicians say to what they actually mean. Such editing would be hilarious - imagine some clown speaking that all he want is good of his loyal voters and some good soul putting effort in translating such drivel with probable result being "all I wan are your votes".

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
18-07-2017, 03:05 PM
(18-07-2017 02:53 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(18-07-2017 01:00 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  A can of coke could be VP.

It'd be an improvement on the current situation...

At least a fair number of Americans actually LIKE Coke.....

Warning volatile political comment below....

I kinda prefer diet pepsi to diet coke...... (and I"m diabetic so the diet part is chosen for me by default)

Coke to me has a funny aftertaste

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
18-07-2017, 03:05 PM
(18-07-2017 02:56 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  We'll need a law to criminalize the use of this technology on a sitting politician. Could you imagine the panic that could be caused if a video emerged of the president saying something like an asteroid is about to hit earth or a pending invasion?

We must be very careful with this.

Really ? I think not. After D. T. Rump and Co., we'll all be even more accustomed than before, to politicians who just tell outright bald-face lies.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
18-07-2017, 03:07 PM
(18-07-2017 03:04 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  We could use it in translating of what politicians say to what they actually mean. Such editing would be hilarious - imagine some clown speaking that all he want is good of his loyal voters and some good soul putting effort in translating such drivel with probable result being "all I wan are your votes".

>.> if we did this we might actually see a dramatic rise in honesty from our politicians. Albee it against their will lol.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post
18-07-2017, 04:16 PM
(18-07-2017 12:41 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Hey, how about Max Headroom for president????

It's becoming a possibility...

Donald Trump proved that literally anyone can become president.

Sleepy
18-07-2017, 04:25 PM
(18-07-2017 04:16 PM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  
(18-07-2017 12:41 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Hey, how about Max Headroom for president????

It's becoming a possibility...

Donald Trump proved that literally anyone can become president.

Sleepy

Even my cat? My cat would be a great president. She would be the first president to achieve world peace with her super fluffy fur that somehow doesn't aggravate people's allergies. She'd be objectively better than the tangerine wearing a wig we currently have.

Big Grin
18-07-2017, 05:28 PM
(18-07-2017 02:56 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  We'll need a law to criminalize the use of this technology on a sitting politician. Could you imagine the panic that could be caused if a video emerged of the president saying something like an asteroid is about to hit earth or a pending invasion?

It would only be scary if we suddenly saw video of tRump making sense.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
18-07-2017, 05:55 PM

Everything the shitgoblin says now has to be vetted. How would this change anything with him?
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
18-07-2017, 06:30 PM
(18-07-2017 12:28 PM)Airportkid Wrote:  Wow.

Now I'm scared. The makers are proud of their achievement, but I can't think of a single legitimate use for something like this, so why did they make it? Perhaps in a venue of unambiguous entertainment, like Sat Night Live, this could work - but even in that venue the satire derives its power from the fact that it's actors, not the real personality.

Well, it's a finished product now. Good luck world. This is Goebbels resurrected to the 100th power.

Why do we put so much effort into making propaganda ever more effective, and almost no effort at all into learning to recognize it and to resist it?

"New Video Editing Tool Would Make it Possible to Put Words in Politicians’ Mouths"

Actually, I think their party handlers have been doing that for a long, long time.

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
[+] 5 users Like Dr H's post
18-07-2017, 07:52 PM
(18-07-2017 06:30 PM)Dr H Wrote:  
(18-07-2017 12:28 PM)Airportkid Wrote:  Wow.

Now I'm scared. The makers are proud of their achievement, but I can't think of a single legitimate use for something like this, so why did they make it? Perhaps in a venue of unambiguous entertainment, like Sat Night Live, this could work - but even in that venue the satire derives its power from the fact that it's actors, not the real personality.

Well, it's a finished product now. Good luck world. This is Goebbels resurrected to the 100th power.

Why do we put so much effort into making propaganda ever more effective, and almost no effort at all into learning to recognize it and to resist it?

"New Video Editing Tool Would Make it Possible to Put Words in Politicians’ Mouths"

Actually, I think their party handlers have been doing that for a long, long time.

Of course they have. Look at Dumpy's verbiage to coal miners. Coal is not economically viable. Yet they bought the verbiage. It was nothing but campaign lies, just like the wall, just like China currency manipulation, just like Obama Care. They bought the lines. Hook. Line. And sinker. What has he done ? Nothing.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.