Think about it

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-03-2014, 06:09 AM
RE: Think about it
I'm generation X and my heart goes out to generation Y. They have it much tougher now.

Of course there will always be ways in which you can point out that life is easier, or harder, before or now, but for the things that really matter (finding work, building up a pension, having a home, means to start a family), it has become more difficult. This can all be traced back to peak exploitation of our natural resources.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-03-2014, 08:23 AM
(08-03-2014 11:48 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  LMAO, no I won't.

I'll be dead in the woods before I'm 50. Laugh out load

Ha! I've been saying that for twenty years.

Now I'm one month past 50.

Wallet's fatter and gfs are getting younger... think I'll hang on for a couple more years.

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
09-03-2014, 11:45 AM
With regards to the weak and vulnerable (with whom I catergorise as the elderly, disabled, poor, mentally handicapped) the system over here in the UK is taking a pounding, like I imagine it is in the rest of the west, through budget cuts.

My outlook to the future is quite bleak with regards to the relationship between government and its people and unless I marry and/or have kids or become rich I may have to depend on the system and see how much my two pensions are worth (if anything)

People do pull together though, what I feel what may let people/society down sometimes is the sense of fear. The last piece of hope I have is with somebody conditioned with empathy.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
09-03-2014, 12:38 PM
Bemore, I fear the same outlook for myself.

The conditions around here in the retirement homes is, to say the least, depressing.

I've seen them first hand now, and its enough to give a guy nightmares. The living contions are dark and cramped, the look in the eyes of those living there is one of uselessness and despair. The staff treat them like garbage in need of going to the dump. Confused

I think before it gets that bad for me, I'll take one last ride on the bike into a wall.

So sad how we treat these people while we go on bitching about little inconveniences and ignoring those who most need some heartfelt consideration and respect. Undecided

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
09-03-2014, 11:24 PM
(09-03-2014 08:23 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(08-03-2014 11:48 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  LMAO, no I won't.

I'll be dead in the woods before I'm 50. Laugh out load

Ha! I've been saying that for twenty years.

Now I'm one month past 50.

Wallet's fatter and gfs are getting younger... think I'll hang on for a couple more years.

*Cough* Pussy *Cough*

Big Grin

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-03-2014, 01:56 AM
(08-03-2014 03:46 PM)War Horse Wrote:  You too will be here some day... and how will you feel?

My transhumanist non-controversial stem cells and upgrades disagree.Cool
Remember that in that much time, things will have changed.
I'm part the the spoiled brat generation/the upcoming scientific revolution generation - generation z

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post