Think of three other forum members before entering.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
06-12-2011, 01:29 PM
Think of three other forum members before entering.
You and the other three are now in the middle of a zombie apocalypse. All of you are in a Sporting Goods store. In this store you have many items at your disposal: food, water, medical supplies, backpacks, survival gear, firearms, and melee weapons. There is also enough explosives to completely level the building and all the zombies in it; however, someone must light the 20 second fuse.

You have approximately an hour to gather your goods and escape before the zombies break down the door and over take the building. You can only carry what you could realistically carry on your person.

So, the questions are:

1) Who is with you?
2) Which items do you choose?
3) How long will you survive?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-12-2011, 01:32 PM
RE: Think of three other forum members before entering.
I thought of three people before entering and my people were IMOM, Ferdinand and Stark. I'm feeling pretty good right now as I can imagine all would do well in this situation.

I would probably defer all decisions to IMOM as she is a certified zombie killer.

I'm quite confident that the four of us could survive.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 2 users Like Hughsie's post
06-12-2011, 01:37 PM

(06-12-2011 01:29 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  You and the other three are now in the middle of a zombie apocalypse. All of you are in a Sporting Goods store. In this store you have many items at your disposal: food, water, medical supplies, backpacks, survival gear, firearms, and melee weapons. There is also enough explosives to completely level the building and all the zombies in it; however, someone must light the 20 second fuse.

You have approximately an hour to gather your goods and escape before the zombies break down the door and over take the building. You can only carry what you could realistically carry on your person.

So, the questions are:

1) Who is with you?
2) Which items do you choose?
3) How long will you survive?

I'm absolutely loving this thread.
1) Hughsie, Ferdinand, and houseofcantor.
2) Food of some sort, tons of water, molotovs, nail gun, shotgun, gas, car, etc...
3) I think that I would last a month, if I could find a place on the road, where there is food & water. Hughsie and houseofcantor, would outlive me. :|
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes insidemyownmind's post
06-12-2011, 01:41 PM
IMOM,

There's no way I'm outliving you, if you go down I'm going down in a blaze of glory with you!

Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
06-12-2011, 01:44 PM
I'm just going to make sure the 3 I pick are Americans. They have guns and know how to use them.

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
[+] 3 users Like Smooshmonster's post
06-12-2011, 01:55 PM

Hugh
You would definitely outlive me.
Quote this message in a reply
06-12-2011, 01:57 PM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2011 02:06 PM by Hughsie.)
(06-12-2011 01:55 PM)insidemyownmind Wrote:  Hugh
You would definitely outlive me.

Not gonna happen, if you're in danger then just try and stop me making a death or glory charge and getting myself killed Big Grin.

Best
Worst
06-12-2011, 02:15 PM
Not THIS is a thread I can get on board with! LOL

For the record, I followed instructions and thought of my three members before reading the thread. (Not that I wouldn't choose them after knowing what this is all about)

#1 Lucradis, Hughsie and Kingschosen

#2 Rations for two weeks. If after that time we cannot find food, we are doomed anyhow.
Ample clothing for all. When it gets hot you can take stuff off, but if it gets cold, you gotta have the gear.
Firearms. Each with a handgun, and one each: shotgun, long range rifle, automatic "power mower" rifle.
Each person to choose a hand weapon of their preference. Ammo is heavy and will run out, so best to use hand weapons whenever possible.
3 missle weapons. ie bow, crossbow, whatever the individual prefers. Bolts are retrievable, and once ammo is gone we will need long range weapons for protection and hunting.
Each person carries four litres of fresh water. We would HEAVILY stock up on water treatment tablets.
1 Medium cooking pot, for cooking food, boiling water, etc.
3 compasses and 3 maps of the outlying area. Any outfitting store will have ample maps for hunters, and since we are off to the woods we will need rendevous points should we get separated.
1 small waterproof tarp per person.
1 good backpack per person.

#3 With a little luck I suspect survival could be indefinite assuming we plan well, and agree that our main objectives are our own survival, and that of anyone else is secondary.

(now to be truthful, I think the best chances of survival are as individuals or groups of two. More than two people just make for a bigger, more obvious target. At least in the beginning while the survivors are weeded out from the weak. Hey, it's the zombpocalypse man! Gotta be realistic! LOL)

So many cats, so few good recipes.
06-12-2011, 02:50 PM
For the moment I think I'll just sit down with Filox and The Beardedude and Zatamon.

Have Filox roll stuff and while puffing-passing it listen, to Beardedudes interesting paleo-stories or Zatamons ideas until our brains get eaten.

We wont last long but we would laugh ourselves silly. Smile

Quite possible that, When I’ve slept some I'll come up with a different scenario tomorrow though...

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
[+] 2 users Like Observer's post
06-12-2011, 03:08 PM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2011 03:16 PM by Lilith Pride.)
Hmm I see no one trusts in my amazing cat skills =p

EbileKittae, BuddyChrist, and Observer

EbileKittae is my favorite member and the other two are capable of anything =p It will be entertaining watching Buddy hoard all the weapons as Observer decides how to cook the zombies.

Me myself? I choose a few titanium tennis rackets, a backpack full of dishes, and some cute clothes. Whenever I need a weapon I'll just loot one off the corpses of the survivalists who tried taking all that crap. And As far as food there will be plenty of it loitering the streets.

How long we'll survive is a good question but I know that I'll go out in a gigantic orgy =p That's the way things should work. Haven't brought any members for the orgy though hmmm......

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
[+] 4 users Like Lilith Pride's post