Think of three other forum members before entering.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
24-06-2013, 07:28 AM
RE: Think of three other forum members before entering.
(19-06-2013 05:05 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(18-06-2013 11:46 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  Members i chose:
chas,atothetheist(correct me if wrong spelled) and bows and arrows. These are the names i remembered.

I would get a meelee weapon,guns and ammo ,a katapult(ammo everywhere),emergency signal gun,molotov coctails and napalm , food(as much canned or dry),vegemite,water, first aid kit and a lighter
and pure alcohol as antibacterial but cn also be fuel.

I really dunno them,too short for that,but i hope i survive long

strategy: stay together, find water source,make hidden hut/tent,every day go to town to steal more canned foods and weapons and if thats done eat animals.
The hidden tent will be surounded by traps to catch animals to eat or to catch enemies.

Lose the Vegemite™ or I'm out. Angry

eat the vegemite and you will less likely be Smile atacked by a drop bear
(read article)
(24-06-2013 07:17 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  These stereotypes are so spot on I had to post it...

and if you want to know more about Australia before you come and visit, we have drop bears.

http://www.australiangeographic.com.au/j...-study.htm

[Image: drop-bear.jpg]
DROP BEARS TARGET PEOPLE with foreign accents more often than those who are Australian-born, according to new research.

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-06-2013, 09:04 AM
(24-06-2013 07:28 AM)Lightvader Wrote:  
(19-06-2013 05:05 PM)Chas Wrote:  Lose the Vegemite™ or I'm out. Angry

eat the vegemite and you will less likely be Smile atacked by a drop bear
(read article)
(24-06-2013 07:17 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  These stereotypes are so spot on I had to post it...

and if you want to know more about Australia before you come and visit, we have drop bears.

http://www.australiangeographic.com.au/j...-study.htm

[Image: drop-bear.jpg]
DROP BEARS TARGET PEOPLE with foreign accents more often than those who are Australian-born, according to new research.

I am as concerned about and prepared for drop bears as I am for zombies. Drinking Beverage

I tried to eat Vegemite™ once. Never again. I don't care if it cures cancer, dropsy, and athlete's foot.Angry

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-06-2013, 09:18 AM
(06-12-2011 01:29 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  You and the other three are now in the middle of a zombie apocalypse. All of you are in a Sporting Goods store. In this store you have many items at your disposal: food, water, medical supplies, backpacks, survival gear, firearms, and melee weapons. There is also enough explosives to completely level the building and all the zombies in it; however, someone must light the 20 second fuse.

You have approximately an hour to gather your goods and escape before the zombies break down the door and over take the building. You can only carry what you could realistically carry on your person.

So, the questions are:

1) Who is with you?
2) Which items do you choose?
3) How long will you survive?

Interesting Consider Let me see.

Who is with me? Three people from the forum aye? Well I guess I take
1) Phaedrus
2) Chas
3) KC

Why? Well, if it is the Zombie apocalypse, I want the people who know how to shoot and survive. And KC for some good theist discussion fodder Evil_monster And cajun cooking down the road.

What items do I choose? I'm going to go with a nice sturdy backpack that has room for at least a couple of water bottles outside it and a camelback inside. Some carabiners for attaching some additional supplies to the outside. I then grab a machete, a baseball bat, 2 solid hunting knives, and a hockey stick. One of the knives gets affixed to the hockey stick, the machete for clearing brush, an extra knife for general use, and the baseball bat to go along with my hockey stick contraption for zombie slaying. I am more of the silent kill type so as not to attract attention.

After that, I need some duct tape, water bottles, some all-weather matches, a one-man tent, a bed roll, some lightweight jackets, an extra couple pair of socks, a couple underarmour (or equivalent) undershirts, hiking boots, and flares.

Most of that is for camping and hiking, and the flares for distractions as needed in a pinch.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
24-06-2013, 09:47 AM
1. houseofcantor
2. Erxomai
3. I&EgorWreck

The nearest church to the sporting goods store would be become the Church of Gwyneth, where Johnny preaches the good word of Gwynite so that the zombies may become pacified followers of the Gwynnies and therefore under our control. The sporting goods store would be converted into a brothel where Erxomai services the zombie customers. I&I, Egor, and Trainwreck would be surgically attached to each other and combined with mechanical parts to make a hybrid cyber-mechanical enforcer that keeps the zombies in line, all the while providing comedic entertainment when they start arguing with each other.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
24-06-2013, 09:49 AM
(24-06-2013 09:18 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(06-12-2011 01:29 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  You and the other three are now in the middle of a zombie apocalypse. All of you are in a Sporting Goods store. In this store you have many items at your disposal: food, water, medical supplies, backpacks, survival gear, firearms, and melee weapons. There is also enough explosives to completely level the building and all the zombies in it; however, someone must light the 20 second fuse.

You have approximately an hour to gather your goods and escape before the zombies break down the door and over take the building. You can only carry what you could realistically carry on your person.

So, the questions are:

1) Who is with you?
2) Which items do you choose?
3) How long will you survive?

Interesting Consider Let me see.

1) Phaedrus
2) Chas
3) KC

Why? Well, if it is the Zombie apocalypse, I want the people who know how to shoot and survive. And KC for some good theist discussion fodder Evil_monster And cajun cooking down the road.

What items do I choose? I'm going to go with a nice sturdy backpack that has room for at least a couple of water bottles outside it and a camelback inside. Some carabiners for attaching some additional supplies to the outside. I then grab a machete, a baseball bat, 2 solid hunting knives, and a hockey stick. One of the knives gets affixed to the hockey stick, the machete for clearing brush, an extra knife for general use, and the baseball bat to go along with my hockey stick contraption for zombie slaying. I am more of the silent kill type so as not to attract attention.

After that, I need some duct tape, water bottles, some all-weather matches, a one-man tent, a bed roll, some lightweight jackets, an extra couple pair of socks, a couple underarmour (or equivalent) undershirts, hiking boots, and flares.

Most of that is for camping and hiking, and the flares for distractions as needed in a pinch.

Good choices, but forget the hockey stick/knife thing - have you seen KC's collection of edged weapons?

24-06-2013, 09:53 AM
(24-06-2013 09:49 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(24-06-2013 09:18 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Interesting Consider Let me see.

1) Phaedrus
2) Chas
3) KC

Good choices, but forget the hockey stick/knife thing - have you seen KC's collection of edged weapons?

I have not. But my hockey stick and knife combo would be easy to repair and replace components that are wearing out.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
26-06-2013, 08:44 AM
(24-06-2013 09:53 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(24-06-2013 09:49 AM)Chas Wrote:  Good choices, but forget the hockey stick/knife thing - have you seen KC's collection of edged weapons?

I have not. But my hockey stick and knife combo would be easy to repair and replace components that are wearing out.

I'm bringing some food, too.
[Image: JCarol1.jpg]

[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
26-06-2013, 09:02 AM
See, I thought of Ato, Chas, and Revenant first, but that's 'cause of last weekend's chat.

But pssh. Clearly I'm the best one to have around after the End.

I can build and maintain you a generator, for starters. Gotta keep those lights on. I've got years of martial arts training (for weapons, mostly staff and spear - and you'd want your close combat to be the least close possible, right?).

We ought to take some good packs and as much medical supplies as we can. Water's easy to come by (well, in this part of the world it is - where are we?) outside, and there are other food sources. Utility tools next - flint, hatchet, crowbar, some multitools, screwdrivers and wrenches (can serve as last ditch weapons - but by then we're probably screwed anyway). Guns would be best for hunting, not fighting. Oh, and some radios (receiver and broadcast, am/fm/shortwave). Rechargeable batteries, a human-powered generator, a solar panel if we can fit it. Some jerry cans. Beer.

Then we load all this shit on a couple ATVs and head off into the bush. Couple hours outta town and we hunker down with the radio for a long, long wait, trying to make contact with other survivors. On the plus side, we'd be pretty safe. There can't be any zombies where there weren't any people to begin with Yes.
26-06-2013, 04:37 PM
(24-06-2013 09:49 AM)Chas Wrote:  Good choices, but forget the hockey stick/knife thing - have you seen KC's collection of edged weapons?

Click here.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
26-06-2013, 06:18 PM
(26-06-2013 04:37 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  

Click here.

I wouldn't trust my life to the 3 nearest the camera and I can't tell about the back ones but they look stamped.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense