Think of three other forum members before entering.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
06-12-2011, 03:29 PM
RE: Think of three other forum members before entering.
(06-12-2011 02:15 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Not THIS is a thread I can get on board with! LOL

For the record, I followed instructions and thought of my three members before reading the thread. (Not that I wouldn't choose them after knowing what this is all about)

#1 Lucradis, Hughsie and Kingschosen

#2 Rations for two weeks. If after that time we cannot find food, we are doomed anyhow.
Ample clothing for all. When it gets hot you can take stuff off, but if it gets cold, you gotta have the gear.
Firearms. Each with a handgun, and one each: shotgun, long range rifle, automatic "power mower" rifle.
Each person to choose a hand weapon of their preference. Ammo is heavy and will run out, so best to use hand weapons whenever possible.
3 missle weapons. ie bow, crossbow, whatever the individual prefers. Bolts are retrievable, and once ammo is gone we will need long range weapons for protection and hunting.
Each person carries four litres of fresh water. We would HEAVILY stock up on water treatment tablets.
1 Medium cooking pot, for cooking food, boiling water, etc.
3 compasses and 3 maps of the outlying area. Any outfitting store will have ample maps for hunters, and since we are off to the woods we will need rendevous points should we get separated.
1 small waterproof tarp per person.
1 good backpack per person.

#3 With a little luck I suspect survival could be indefinite assuming we plan well, and agree that our main objectives are our own survival, and that of anyone else is secondary.

(now to be truthful, I think the best chances of survival are as individuals or groups of two. More than two people just make for a bigger, more obvious target. At least in the beginning while the survivors are weeded out from the weak. Hey, it's the zombpocalypse man! Gotta be realistic! LOL)

Kingschosen is an excellent choice!

If The Rapture just happened to take place.....hang on to Him.

You just neve know "god' works in mysterious ways. Angel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-12-2011, 03:32 PM
(06-12-2011 03:29 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  
(06-12-2011 02:15 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Not THIS is a thread I can get on board with! LOL

For the record, I followed instructions and thought of my three members before reading the thread. (Not that I wouldn't choose them after knowing what this is all about)

#1 Lucradis, Hughsie and Kingschosen

#2 Rations for two weeks. If after that time we cannot find food, we are doomed anyhow.
Ample clothing for all. When it gets hot you can take stuff off, but if it gets cold, you gotta have the gear.
Firearms. Each with a handgun, and one each: shotgun, long range rifle, automatic "power mower" rifle.
Each person to choose a hand weapon of their preference. Ammo is heavy and will run out, so best to use hand weapons whenever possible.
3 missle weapons. ie bow, crossbow, whatever the individual prefers. Bolts are retrievable, and once ammo is gone we will need long range weapons for protection and hunting.
Each person carries four litres of fresh water. We would HEAVILY stock up on water treatment tablets.
1 Medium cooking pot, for cooking food, boiling water, etc.
3 compasses and 3 maps of the outlying area. Any outfitting store will have ample maps for hunters, and since we are off to the woods we will need rendevous points should we get separated.
1 small waterproof tarp per person.
1 good backpack per person.

#3 With a little luck I suspect survival could be indefinite assuming we plan well, and agree that our main objectives are our own survival, and that of anyone else is secondary.

(now to be truthful, I think the best chances of survival are as individuals or groups of two. More than two people just make for a bigger, more obvious target. At least in the beginning while the survivors are weeded out from the weak. Hey, it's the zombpocalypse man! Gotta be realistic! LOL)

Kingschosen is an excellent choice!

If The Rapture just happened to take place.....hang on to Him.

You just neve know "god' works in mysterious ways. Angel

I don't believe in the rapture. I'm an amillennialist -_-

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
06-12-2011, 03:57 PM
(06-12-2011 01:29 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  So, the questions are:
1) Who is with you?
2) Which items do you choose?
3) How long will you survive?

1) Kineo for his analytical mind and clear headedness, HoC for his ability to think on his feet and sheer thought provoking value, & Stark for his leadership... and he might just have some weed on him.
2) Food stuffs, water bio-tabs, camp kit, hand tools, automatic weapons /amo(I'm best with a glock 19 w/33 round mag-but to each his ability) & assorted knives/machetes, med supplies, compass & maps, coffee.
3) survival timeframe: indefinitely. I think we'd be good at it. Survival hardens, but I don't think we'd turn on each other and we'd all be able to make correct decisions of self preservation if it came to that.

Zombies won't stand a chance.
Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
06-12-2011, 04:22 PM
(06-12-2011 01:37 PM)insidemyownmind Wrote:  3) I think that I would last a month, if I could find a place on the road, where there is food & water. Hughsie and houseofcantor, would outlive me. :|

So are you saying I would be the first to die? :|

1) IMOM, Erxomai, and Hugs. :J
2) Assuming we had some time to prepare ourselves; clothes for both warm and cold conditions, any weapons we could get out hands on (in an apocalypse, you'd think guns would be pretty tight on obtaining), a vehicle, hide-out of some sort, stretched supply of water, and as much food as we could obtain. Perhaps a little over a months worth until we could find a stocking place on the road with anything left.
3) I think we'd be able to survive for a lengthy amount of time- months. Maybe years. Would strongly depend on food and water supplies. And, you know, if our zombie slaying weapons wear out in time... ._.
07-12-2011, 03:08 AM
(06-12-2011 03:08 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  EbileKittae, BuddyChrist, and Observer
Haven't brought any members for the orgy though hmmm......
Aawww...

You've managed to both balm and hurt my feelings in the same post.

Guess your into S&M right... Wink

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
07-12-2011, 04:31 AM
Oh you want in the orgy? I know Ebile wouldn't really be interested. And I kinda want some girls!!! and of course kitties love pain =p you should see my claw marks =p That girlfriend likes her claws sharp ~_^

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
07-12-2011, 07:39 PM
(06-12-2011 01:37 PM)insidemyownmind Wrote:  So, the questions are:

1) Who is with you?
2) Which items do you choose?
3) How long will you survive?

As any good pragmatist would do, I cheated and looked first.

1) I'm going with the pot farmer, the kid with mad mixed martial arts skills who wants to beat the prick out of every man he meets, and a woman (preferably a fertile one, but really anyone will do).

2) The firearms, ammo, and explosives. We'll come back to get the rest later after we lure the zombies away from the place with a pile of dead animals strategically positioned.

3) As the long as the kid can keep the pot farmer alive.

#sigh
07-12-2011, 07:42 PM
The pot farmer has a strategy for survival. He'll be staggering around so bad that the zombies will mistake him for one of their own.

(you know, there is method to my madness)

So many cats, so few good recipes.
07-12-2011, 07:44 PM
(07-12-2011 07:42 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  The pot farmer has a strategy for survival. He'll be staggering around so bad that the zombies will mistake him for one of their own.

Ahhh ... the Bill Murray strategy, but apparently you have to be careful that strategy doesn't backfire. Wink

#sigh
07-12-2011, 07:48 PM
I figure zombies sense of smell is compromised somewhat. So my theory is, the smell of weed will easily cover the smell of my fresh though somewhat diminished brain, while humans will smell the weed and either disregard me for the stoner I am, or disregard me as a stoned zombie who would be far to lazy to give chase anyways.

So many cats, so few good recipes.