Thinking about thinking.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-12-2013, 08:22 PM
Thinking about thinking.
I've hinted at this problem many times within this very sub forum filled with the support of all of you lovely people, but the problem still persists.

I cannot stop thinking about my own thought process.

Do any of you feel like you can't think clearly enough, as if something is weighing down your mind as you try to contemplate with the amazing matter inside of your head?

I am an incredible hypochondriac, constantly thinking about the tiniest malfunction in my bodily system (I just had to think about which form of "body" I would have to use in that very sentence for about 10 seconds, which then caused me to go through the possibility of losing my intelligence).

It's just as if someone has told me that I am conscious of my breath, and now I have to think to breathe. Well, I have to think to think. I have to consciously make an effort to formulate sentences and opinions on topics (which has resulted in better wording but longer time to plan out a sentence along with a lack of my usual witt).

I'm starting to believe that this is apart of some large scale OCD on my part, and I swear to myself that this is my last post about what ails me.

Now, how about you guys?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-12-2013, 08:37 PM
RE: Thinking about thinking.
(20-12-2013 08:22 PM)UndercoverAtheist Wrote:  I'm starting to believe that this is apart of some large scale OCD on my part,

I concur.
You really need to find a professional to discuss it.

“Happiness is not the absence of problems; it's the ability to deal with them.”
20-12-2013, 09:13 PM
RE: Thinking about thinking.
You need to relax. Ever consider meditation? The trick is that you can think while you're meditating, but don't cling to your thoughts, just let them go. When another thought pops up, don't cling, let it go. Keep doing this and it will quiet your mind. Relax. Maybe you could try a different approach. How about you write everything down, this will enable you to have a recorded and see if your thoughts are even worth further investigation.

My thoughts, they are a bit sporadic but I at least have some semblance of control. Writing is just natural, not much thought involved when you know what you want to say.
So really, just calm the fuck downTongue Have fun.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  So I'm thinking of going into journalism. I have a debt to pay. Charis 28 305 16-06-2014 02:45 AM
Last Post: morondog
  Thinking about coming out as an atheist to one person....advice Pearl 11 253 04-03-2014 07:43 PM
Last Post: GwenB3
  Am I Over-Thinking? Cryssi45 17 787 21-04-2013 01:32 AM
Last Post: morondog