Thinking outside of the "box" (earth)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-07-2012, 10:59 AM
RE: Thinking outside of the "box" (earth)
(06-05-2012 06:22 PM)bemore Wrote:  
(06-05-2012 04:27 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  are you a Christian troll?
Shocking
Just trying to work out the grey matter and gain new insights.

Why do people think that you are trolling when you try to honestly ask the opinions of others in a hypothetical situation? People always are like, "No... that wouldn't happen because x or y." It's sort of stunning to see so many freethinkers on this site that cannot think philosophically (only scientifically).

I had to get that off my chest. Anyways, back to the original question. I would feel a great sense of loneliness and despair over the destruction. The thought of my friends and loved ones perishing is sure to give rise to many difficult feelings. Although, over some time, these feelings [/i]are sure to give way.

On the positive side, I would feel like my own existence was extremely important. It would seem like the person in my position should accept his/her role as the representative of humanity. I would try to discover all I could about the cosmos, and if there were other life forms in the universe (no matter how trivial this task may be). Also, there would be immense freedom - freedom from the paying wage, from any earthly responsibility, just to name a few.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thinking outside of the "box" (earth) - PeacefulSkeptic - 27-07-2012 10:59 AM