Third Indochina War (Vietnam vs China, 1979)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-06-2013, 05:17 PM (This post was last modified: 21-06-2013 05:26 PM by Julius.)
Third Indochina War (Vietnam vs China, 1979)
After America got it's butt kicked in Vietnam, it's strange that the US did not take some consolation in China's humiliation when Vietnam humiliated China during the Third Indochina War in 1979. China invaded Vietnam as a response to Vietnam's overthrow of Pol Pot's regime in Cambodia and the subsequent occupation while the new government in Cambodia was stabilized. The war lasted a little over 3 weeks and cos the Chinese about 8000 lives. Ultimately, the Chinese declared victory and quickly withdrew, but Vietnam continued to occupy Cambodia and do as they damn well pleased (Doesn't this sound familiar?). Another Superpower got spanked by Vietnam.

I do give the Chinese credit for getting out once they realized that fighting in Vietnam was hopeless. Regardless of what the Chinese told the world, they did not lie to themselves about their progress and extend a hopeless, grinding war.

The Vietnamese , on the other hand, once again ratcheted up their reputation of being the country that no one - absolutely no one - should fuck with.

Here's a link to a basic overview of the war:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sino-Vietnamese_War

[Image: article-2316937-198C63E0000005DC-716_634x667.jpg]
Holy Shit! Now they are kicking China's Ass!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-06-2013, 07:21 PM
RE: Third Indochina War (Vietnam vs China, 1979)
The vietnamese military also invaded Cambodia and destroyed the khmer rouge, which at that point was being supported by the U.S. (according to declassified documents).

The vietnamese military opened up a case of "whoop ass" on some large and small groups of mass murdering loons.
25-06-2013, 08:23 PM
(25-06-2013 07:21 PM)I and I Wrote:  The vietnamese military also invaded Cambodia and destroyed the khmer rouge, which at that point was being supported by the U.S. (according to declassified documents).

The vietnamese military opened up a case of "whoop ass" on some large and small groups of mass murdering loons.

Where are these documents?
25-06-2013, 08:38 PM
(25-06-2013 08:23 PM)Julius Wrote:  
(25-06-2013 07:21 PM)I and I Wrote:  The vietnamese military also invaded Cambodia and destroyed the khmer rouge, which at that point was being supported by the U.S. (according to declassified documents).

Where are these documents?

http://www.zcommunications.org/the-khmer...ert-miller This is the full article explaining the when and how of U.S. support for the khmer rouge as a counterforce to bleed vietnam. The Chinese along with the U.S. also supported the khmer rouge for this reason.

The links to the declassified docs are in the article notes but I will post them here.
http://www.gwu.edu/%7Ensarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB62/doc4.pdf This is a meeting between ford-kissinger and Suharto. Suharto is considered now a war criminal and was a top U.S. backed murdering dictator in Asia.

Note: reading through declassifed docs is almost as fun as watching paint dry.
25-06-2013, 08:44 PM
note: the U.S. support for the khmer rouge came after the success of the vietnamese during the vietnamese war, the U.S. didn't support the khmer rouge from it's inception.
25-06-2013, 08:52 PM
(25-06-2013 08:44 PM)I and I Wrote:  note: the U.S. support for the khmer rouge came after the success of the vietnamese during the vietnamese war, the U.S. didn't support the khmer rouge from it's inception.

OK. But where is the proof of this support?
25-06-2013, 09:02 PM
(25-06-2013 08:38 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(25-06-2013 08:23 PM)Julius Wrote:  Where are these documents?

http://www.zcommunications.org/the-khmer...ert-miller This is the full article explaining the when and how of U.S. support for the khmer rouge as a counterforce to bleed vietnam. The Chinese along with the U.S. also supported the khmer rouge for this reason.

The links to the declassified docs are in the article notes but I will post them here.
http://www.gwu.edu/%7Ensarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB62/doc4.pdf This is a meeting between ford-kissinger and Suharto. Suharto is considered now a war criminal and was a top U.S. backed murdering dictator in Asia.

Drinking Beverage
25-06-2013, 10:30 PM
(25-06-2013 09:02 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(25-06-2013 08:38 PM)I and I Wrote:  http://www.zcommunications.org/the-khmer...ert-miller This is the full article explaining the when and how of U.S. support for the khmer rouge as a counterforce to bleed vietnam. The Chinese along with the U.S. also supported the khmer rouge for this reason.

Drinking Beverage

I don't see a smoking gun in this documentation. What is it to which you refer?

I'm getting a bit impatient, now. So...show me some credible facts, please.

Drinking Beverage
25-06-2013, 10:33 PM
(25-06-2013 10:30 PM)Julius Wrote:  
(25-06-2013 09:02 PM)I and I Wrote:  Drinking Beverage

I don't see a smoking gun in this documentation. What is it to which you refer?

Drinking Beverage

You've never dealt with I&I before huh? Be amazed he even supplied 1 source for his theory, usually he just insults anyone who asks.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense

[Image: Hitchhikersguide_zps7678fbae.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
25-06-2013, 10:43 PM
(25-06-2013 10:33 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(25-06-2013 10:30 PM)Julius Wrote:  I don't see a smoking gun in this documentation. What is it to which you refer?

Drinking Beverage

You've never dealt with I&I before huh? Be amazed he even supplied 1 source for his theory, usually he just insults anyone who asks.

Thanks. I understand what you mean.

I've dealt with I&I before, and I figure the best way to make him stay straight is to ask him for the facts. I mean, we are all entitles to our own opinions, but not our own facts.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Soviets vs Afghans and U.S. vs Vietnam. I and I 17 521 24-09-2013 04:55 PM
Last Post: earmuffs
  China's Child Emperors ihatethesidebar 0 136 01-09-2013 10:00 PM
Last Post: ihatethesidebar
  The Vietnam War I and I 53 1,822 31-05-2013 02:29 PM
Last Post: cjlr