This Explains a Lot!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-11-2014, 07:55 AM
This Explains a Lot!
The next time you lose your keys or bomb a test, try blaming it on a virus. Researchers from Johns Hopkins University and the University of Nebraska have discovered a virus that makes you just a little bit dumber.

The scientists stumbled upon the previously unknown "stupidity virus" in the throat cultures of healthy subjects during a completely unrelated experiment. The 44 percent of people who tested positive for the virus performed 7 to 9 points lower on IQ tests that measured attention span and how fast and accurately people process visual information.

Stupidity Virus

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
12-11-2014, 12:36 PM
RE: This Explains a Lot!
Must be running rampant in some places....Tongue

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
12-11-2014, 03:13 PM
Saw this article, I gotta say... That scares me. Confused

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
12-11-2014, 03:26 PM
Sadly, for some there is no cure.
*cue sad background music*
Sally Struthers speaks:
With a contribution of as little as 38 cents a day, you can help the chronically stupid to lead productive lives...
[+] 3 users Like pablo's post
12-11-2014, 07:02 PM
Psuedoscientist Wrote:Glatt said while he is skeptical of a virus can actually affect intelligence, he is keeping an open mind.

“We don’t completely understand the full implications of viruses yet but they, obviously, can impact the functioning of cells and entire organism with a myriad of outcomes,” he said.

We find one virus in the throat and therefore it affects the brain making people dumber... No! Just no!

Nothing to see here folks just another click bait article where correlation completely 100% = causation even though there is nothing to suggest a link.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 2 users Like FSM_scot's post
12-11-2014, 07:10 PM
(12-11-2014 12:36 PM)Dom Wrote:  Must be running rampant in some places....Tongue

Yup.

[Image: 2jea15.jpg]

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 2 users Like Minimalist's post
13-11-2014, 05:56 PM
(12-11-2014 07:10 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  
(12-11-2014 12:36 PM)Dom Wrote:  Must be running rampant in some places....Tongue

Yup.

Hey Angry that blue near the Great Lakes news to be moved southwest a bit.

Iowa - one of the very first states to legalize interracial and gay marriage I'll have you know!! Tongue

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
14-11-2014, 09:28 AM
(13-11-2014 05:56 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(12-11-2014 07:10 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  Yup.

Hey Angry that blue near the Great Lakes news to be moved southwest a bit.

Iowa - one of the very first states to legalize interracial and gay marriage I'll have you know!! Tongue

[Image: fried-butter.jpeg]
I say nay.. I live in Emerica.

The virus is spreading. It reminds me of the research of there being a cat virus that might effect people and make them more prone to depressed moods.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
14-11-2014, 09:49 AM
(12-11-2014 07:55 AM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  The next time you lose your keys or bomb a test, try blaming it on a virus. Researchers from Johns Hopkins University and the University of Nebraska have discovered a virus that makes you just a little bit dumber.

The scientists stumbled upon the previously unknown "stupidity virus" in the throat cultures of healthy subjects during a completely unrelated experiment. The 44 percent of people who tested positive for the virus performed 7 to 9 points lower on IQ tests that measured attention span and how fast and accurately people process visual information.

Stupidity Virus

University of Nebraska was interested in learning more bout the town folk there
Buwwaahaaaaa

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.