This Is How I Know Religion Is False

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-10-2013, 10:43 AM
This Is How I Know Religion Is False
Evolution is a fact. Therefore, Genesis is false.

Our pastor said "If there was no Adam, then there is no original sin. Therefore, there would be no need for Christ."

Correct.

To him, this means "We know we need Christ. Therefore, Adam must have existed."

To me, this means "We know there was no Adam. Therefore, The need for a Christ is a fabrication.

How, based on the fact of Evolution, can we therefore still have so many religious in this day and age?

*Head Shake*
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like onedream's post
20-10-2013, 10:46 AM
RE: This Is How I Know Religion Is False
(20-10-2013 10:43 AM)onedream Wrote:  Evolution is a fact. Therefore, Genesis is false.

Our pastor said "If there was no Adam, then there is no original sin. Therefore, there would be no need for Christ."

Correct.

To him, this means "We know we need Christ. Therefore, Adam must have existed."

To me, this means "We know there was no Adam. Therefore, The need for a Christ is a fabrication.

How, based on the fact of Evolution, can we therefore still have so many religious in this day and age?

*Head Shake*
Has Jesus died for our sins including original sin? If thats the case he is irrelevant.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
[+] 1 user Likes grizzlysnake's post
20-10-2013, 10:47 AM
Imagine religion in math,
X=7
y+x=14 (y must = 7)
y=8 CensoredEvil_monsterHobo
x=7 Angry even though y can be other numbers.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 1 user Likes sporehux's post
20-10-2013, 11:04 AM
Quote:To him, this means "We know we need Christ. Therefore, Adam must have existed."

Why do you think the craziest of the crazy argue so vehemently against the theory of Evolution? They have reached the same conclusion as you and it scares the living shit out of them.

[Image: Atheismreality_zps62a2c96a.jpg]
[+] 4 users Like Minimalist's post
20-10-2013, 11:04 AM
Hey, onedream.

Are you still doing your radio thing?

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
20-10-2013, 11:17 AM
(20-10-2013 11:04 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Hey, onedream.

Yep. Still playing a Christian on the radio.

The role of a lifetime.
[+] 1 user Likes onedream's post
20-10-2013, 11:22 AM
(20-10-2013 11:04 AM)Minimalist Wrote:  
Quote:To him, this means "We know we need Christ. Therefore, Adam must have existed."

Why do you think the craziest of the crazy argue so vehemently against the theory of Evolution? They have reached the same conclusion as you and it scares the living shit out of them.

I thought of that recently as well. They KNOW (many of them) that the overwhelming evidence points to evolution. But They're so frightened of the reality of a universe without a Yaweh, that they twist their minds into all kinds of Cognitively Dissonant pretzels to convince themselves there's proof for creation.
[+] 2 users Like onedream's post
20-10-2013, 11:22 AM
(20-10-2013 11:17 AM)onedream Wrote:  
(20-10-2013 11:04 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Hey, onedream.

Yep. Still playing a Christian on the radio.

The role of a lifetime.

My heart goes out man. I'm not advocating this position.... But how badass would onedream be if he just said he was an atheist on the air and walked out?

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
20-10-2013, 11:26 AM (This post was last modified: 20-10-2013 11:31 AM by Revenant77x.)
(20-10-2013 11:22 AM)onedream Wrote:  
(20-10-2013 11:04 AM)Minimalist Wrote:  Why do you think the craziest of the crazy argue so vehemently against the theory of Evolution? They have reached the same conclusion as you and it scares the living shit out of them.

I thought of that recently as well. They KNOW (many of them) that the overwhelming evidence points to evolution. But They're so frightened of the reality of a universe without a Yaweh, that they twist their minds into all kinds of Cognizently Dissonant pretzels to convince themselves there's proof for creation.

This is something that Richard Dawkins and Ray Comfort both believe. Most liberal believers jump through hoops to not think about it, go look up KC's thinking on this to see how many caveats and provisos are involved (luv ya man) in having Adam be myth but Jesus still needing to die to forgive Adam's sin.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
20-10-2013, 11:29 AM
(20-10-2013 11:22 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(20-10-2013 11:17 AM)onedream Wrote:  Yep. Still playing a Christian on the radio.

The role of a lifetime.

My heart goes out man. I'm not advocating this position.... But how badass would onedream be if he just said he was an atheist on the air and walked out?

Ha!!!

I think that would be fun in the short-term. But ALL of my current friends who don't know I'm not a believer would be like "Atheism made that guy a dick."

While I'd get some personal satisfaction out of it, I fear it might scare off friends of mine who are currently on the fence.

However, that would be LEGEN-(WAIT FOR IT)-DARY!!!!

I actually work with another guy who I think is probably at least at Agnostic. But he won't admit it around me because Christian broadcasting is how he supports his family. He's essentially in the same spot I am.

The two of us had a conversation recently about how insane Yaweh seems in the Bible. And one time he said "If I tell my kids there's no Santa Clause how long is it until they reach the same conclusion about Jesus?" Then he rolled his eyes when he mentioned Jesus.

I think he's close, if not already there. But neither one of us will admit it because we don't realize the other guy is already a non-believer.
[+] 4 users Like onedream's post