This Is What Feminism Should Be About

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-11-2014, 03:19 PM
This Is What Feminism Should Be About
These are real feminists. You won't hear them complaining on tumblr or leading a charge against a tweet they don't like. They are fighting on the front lines for their nation. They are true patriots bringing about the freedom of all Kurds in general and Kurdish women in particular.

And the best part is the Islamists are fucking terrified of them, because their heads are stuck in their medieval asses and they think they that being killed by a woman will send them straight to Hell.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-11-2014, 03:25 PM
RE: This Is What Feminism Should Be About
Ah, yes. The old "there are worse problems somewhere else therefore shut up" bit.
(hint: I can give to my local food bank here in northern Ontario, even though there are far more starving people in Brazilian favelas)

What is an ignorant teenage male's opinion as to what feminism and gender equality "should" be about worth, again?

... this is my signature!
[+] 19 users Like cjlr's post
26-11-2014, 03:37 PM
(26-11-2014 03:25 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Ah, yes. The old "there are worse problems somewhere else therefore shut up" bit.
(hint: I can give to my local food bank here in northern Ontario, even though there are far more starving people in Brazilian favelas)

What is an ignorant teenage male's opinion as to what feminism and gender equality "should" be about worth, again?

Well opinions are like assholes, we all have them, even if they are wrong.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
26-11-2014, 03:41 PM
(26-11-2014 03:37 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Well opinions are like assholes, we all have them, even if they are wrong.

Talking about assholes ...

[+] 3 users Like Mathilda's post
27-11-2014, 02:13 AM
Getting killed by women sends them straight to hell?

Maybe we should advertise more often how many female artillery officers and bomber pilots are in western militaries. Should probably start showing off female drone pilots, and giving the drones themselves female names. It's probably a lot easier to pull off than that old method of burying dead jihadists in pits of pig's blood that was so effective in the 20s. No transporting of livestock, just take photos of the thousands of women already in those roles.

This is probably sexist and racist though somehow.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
[+] 4 users Like Cetaceaphile's post
27-11-2014, 02:54 AM
Well, more power to them.

What they're experiencing doesn't mean other feminist causes suddenly mean less though. If there's sexism in the workplace in America, the fact that there's war on the other side of the world doesn't change the fact that the sexism is wrong and should be countered.

Why shouldn't one be a feminist on tumblr or twitter? They're as much a public space as anywhere else.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 5 users Like morondog's post
27-11-2014, 06:30 AM
I thought it was mostly teenagers that used tumblr... Keep that in mind. Many of those posts are by teens with the life experience of a thumbtack.

I don't agree with misandry, either. This is what I've been gleaning from your posts as your point of contention. I googled it to see what you were talking about. Three of the first four blogs were anti feminism. The first was misandry hiding under the label of feminism.

I have no idea what it's like to be a woman in Canada - I've never been there. But I do know what it's like to be a woman in the southeastern US. Do I have it better than women in the Middle East? Absolutely. But there is still progress to be made. I could go into the gory details, but I really don't want to think about it, so I'll keep it brief. I have been mistreated (raped) by my male peers back when I was in school, and I have been mistreated (sexually harassed) by male coworkers - although it has been several years since the last work I incident and I haven't ever been harassed by a male nurse. I get paid less than my male counterparts. That's not a minor issue like being irritated that every fucking time I walk past a construction site I get whistled at.

If you think all there is to feminism is the freedom to drop a vote in the ballot box, you're seriously mistaken. I want equal pay for the work I perform. Not more than men, equal. If men en masse ever have to worry about getting groped, the modesty of their clothing to prevent said grope, and getting paid less than women, then we can stop talking about feminism and focus on male rights.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 19 users Like Nurse's post
27-11-2014, 07:06 AM
At what point do you say that women no longer need to fight for equal rights?

When they no longer have their genitals mutilated?

When they get the vote?

When they are allowed to choose what to do with their own bodies?

When it becomes illegal to fire someone because of their gender?

When they are treated as equal to men in all regards?
[+] 5 users Like Mathilda's post
27-11-2014, 07:46 AM
No true feminist?
[+] 2 users Like Drunkin Druid's post
27-11-2014, 08:48 AM
At this moment, I am waiting for EK to appear so logical hilarity can ensue

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 4 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post