This Is What Feminism Should Be About

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-11-2014, 10:05 AM
RE: This Is What Feminism Should Be About
(27-11-2014 06:30 AM)Nurse Wrote:  If you think all there is to feminism is the freedom to drop a vote in the ballot box, you're seriously mistaken. I want equal pay for the work I perform. Not more than men, equal. If men en masse ever have to worry about getting groped, the modesty of their clothing to prevent said grope, and getting paid less than women, then we can stop talking about feminism and focus on male rights.

Bravo!

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
27-11-2014, 10:37 AM
Relevant?

... this is my signature!
[+] 5 users Like cjlr's post
27-11-2014, 11:50 AM
(27-11-2014 10:37 AM)cjlr Wrote:  Relevant?

Funny.
I do have an issue with one of the actual aspects of feminism though. It the whole we shouldn't objectify women thing. At what level is it ok to objectify women? Could it be on the same level where women sometimes objectify men? That doesn't happen! Some might say but I would answer with a question. Did you ever go to a club where male strippers are? Have you ever noticed women's reactions.
Is Playboy degrading to women? If so is Playgirl degrading to men? How much of our nature tied up with objectification of others I wonder. I want to fuck a women simply because she's hot and there are many (perhaps most) men that would. Is that a form of objectification? What about women that want to fuck a guy because he's hot. Is that not the same thing?
There are TV ads that objectifies both men and women but is that really such a bad thing? Of course there are extreme examples that I'm sure most would agree are wrong but the day to day shit seems silly to me.
"That guy was checking me out! What a creep looking at my T and A like that"
What the fuck do you expect a straight male to do. For my part I've never been bothered by any woman checking me out and I doubt that many men would. Granted that women might feel threatened by a guy looking while a guy generally don't but what does that say? Is it a woman's nature to suspect all men as rapists? Could that be the root of their discomfort?
We objectify each other all the time so it's probably better to say that we shouldn't go overboard with it. I've no desire to own a woman (except between the sheets he he, it's ok the wife is into it) but where my eyes and mind goes is my business.
Anyway I don't have any answers...
[+] 2 users Like Drunkin Druid's post
27-11-2014, 12:16 PM
(27-11-2014 11:50 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  
(27-11-2014 10:37 AM)cjlr Wrote:  Relevant?

Funny.
I do have an issue with one of the actual aspects of feminism though. It the whole we shouldn't objectify women thing. At what level is it ok to objectify women? Could it be on the same level where women sometimes objectify men? That doesn't happen! Some might say but I would answer with a question. Did you ever go to a club where male strippers are? Have you ever noticed women's reactions.
Is Playboy degrading to women? If so is Playgirl degrading to men? How much of our nature tied up with objectification of others I wonder. I want to fuck a women simply because she's hot and there are many (perhaps most) men that would. Is that a form of objectification? What about women that want to fuck a guy because he's hot. Is that not the same thing?
There are TV ads that objectifies both men and women but is that really such a bad thing? Of course there are extreme examples that I'm sure most would agree are wrong but the day to day shit seems silly to me.
What the fuck do you expect a straight male to do. For my part I've never been bothered by any woman checking me out and I doubt that many men would. Granted that women might feel threatened by a guy looking while a guy generally don't but what does that say? Is it a woman's nature to suspect all men as rapists? Could that be the root of their discomfort?
We objectify each other all the time so it's probably better to say that we shouldn't go overboard with it. I've no desire to own a woman (except between the sheets he he, it's ok the wife is into it) but where my eyes and mind goes is my business.

Having read that long rambling paragraph I'm still entirely unable to tell just what you think you're arguing against...

You know there's a difference between acknowledging sexuality and objectification, right? And a difference between an occasional and an endemic phenomenon? And a difference between welcome and unwanted attention?

27-11-2014, 01:41 PM (This post was last modified: 27-11-2014 01:46 PM by Drunkin Druid.)
(27-11-2014 12:16 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(27-11-2014 11:50 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  Funny.

Having read that long rambling paragraph I'm still entirely unable to tell just what you think you're arguing against...

You know there's a difference between acknowledging sexuality and objectification, right? And a difference between an occasional and an endemic phenomenon? And a difference between welcome and unwanted attention?
I wasn't actually arguing against anything. I was asking questions. Which would explain all the question marks. It might also explain why my final comment was "I don't have any answers."
[+] 2 users Like Drunkin Druid's post
27-11-2014, 01:52 PM
The first step toward wisdom is acknowledging you know nothing.
(Or something like that).
I don't know who said it
I must be one wise mutherfucker!
- me
27-11-2014, 02:07 PM
What is the obsession with feminism on this forum? Seems like there is a topic on it monthly, and usually it goes off on issue that has fuck all to do with feminism.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 2 users Like BnW's post
27-11-2014, 02:19 PM
(27-11-2014 01:41 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  
(27-11-2014 12:16 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Having read that long rambling paragraph I'm still entirely unable to tell just what you think you're arguing against...

I wasn't actually arguing against anything. I was asking questions. Which would explain all the question marks. It might also explain why my final comment was "I don't have any answers."

You are explicitly presenting it as questioning another's point of view, though. That's rather different.

27-11-2014, 04:42 PM
(27-11-2014 02:19 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(27-11-2014 01:41 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  I wasn't actually arguing against anything. I was asking questions. Which would explain all the question marks. It might also explain why my final comment was "I don't have any answers."

You are explicitly presenting it as questioning another's point of view, though. That's rather different.

I'm not really sure what you mean..
I do have a tendency to question people's point of view(in real life at least). I'm not sure what's wrong with that. But as I said I'm not exactly sure what you mean. Are you saying that questioning things in general is not the same as questioning ones point of view? That can't be what you are saying because they are certainly the same thing. Everything I question is someones point of view.
I question gods existence. Somebody's point of view is that god does exist.
I question if our government is any good. Somebody thinks that it is.
I question whether Hummers are better than Jeeps. Somebody thinks they are. I question when I don't know the answers.
Everything anyone questions flys in someone's face.
If that's not what you meant then please disregard.. Or you can explain. My brain's a little wet ya know.
27-11-2014, 11:43 PM
(27-11-2014 02:07 PM)BnW Wrote:  What is the obsession with feminism on this forum? Seems like there is a topic on it monthly, and usually it goes off on issue that has fuck all to do with feminism.

Every so often some troglydyte decides to air their views - usually something along the lines of "This is why I hate feminism. All feminists want to cut little boys nut sacks off." <- *Literally* this level of drivel. They also frequently do it in threads which are otherwise unrelated to feminism. Those of us who count ourselves as feminists feel obliged to counter. It's much the same as the theists who come in here and mischaracterize atheism. Drinking Beverage

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 5 users Like morondog's post