This Little Girl Is My Fucking Hero!

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 2 Average
06-11-2014, 08:13 PM
This Little Girl Is My Fucking Hero!
Apparently, every year when October rolls around, the town of Salem, Massachusetts is swarmed by Bible thumpers who take to the street corners and start shouting about how everybody needs to run to Jesus or suffer eternal torture. One little girl decided she was fed up and thought she would give the preacher a taste of his own medicine.

Of course, there are tons of people with the whole "That girl is being really disrespectful! I wouldn't allow my child to act like that!" Yes, of course. It's not disrespectful of him to go around trying to shove his religious beliefs down everybody's throats. That's perfectly fine. It's when the girl calls him out on acting like an annoying dick that's disrespectful. This "free pass for the religious" shit really needs to go. I'd be damn proud if she were my daughter!

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=2c1_1415122155

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 16 users Like WindyCityJazz's post
06-11-2014, 08:18 PM
RE: This Little Girl Is My Fucking Hero!
(06-11-2014 08:13 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  Apparently, every year when October rolls around, the town of Salem, Massachusetts is swarmed by Bible thumpers who take to the street corners and start shouting about how everybody needs to run to Jesus or suffer eternal torture. One little girl decided she was fed up and thought she would give the preacher a taste of his own medicine.

Of course, there are tons of people with the whole "That girl is being really disrespectful! I wouldn't allow my child to act like that!" Yes, of course. It's not disrespectful of him to go around trying to shove his religious beliefs down everybody's throats. That's perfectly fine. It's when the girl calls him out on acting like an annoying dick that's disrespectful. This "free pass for the religious" shit really needs to go. I'd be damn proud if she were my daughter!

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=2c1_1415122155

Go girl! That's awesome! Laugh out load

"Most people are other people.
Their thoughts are someone else's opinions,
their lives a mimicry,
their passions a quotation."
-Oscar Wilde
[+] 3 users Like LadyWallFlower's post
06-11-2014, 08:23 PM
Haha I laughed when I saw that, too! I agree with one of the comments though that I wish she'd said something more substantial, but at the same time, she's doing what nobody else will do!

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
[+] 5 users Like Colourcraze's post
06-11-2014, 08:35 PM
I'd have joined her...

Everyone's all "first amendment fuck yeah" whenever a Christian gets a stiffy over Jesus... The second a little girl tells some arsehole to shut up, and everyone gets their bollocks in a twist.

But, that's a fucking brave thing for her to do... Especially considering Salem's reputation.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Sam's post
06-11-2014, 08:44 PM
That little girl is why religion is done. ... It's all just desperate death spasms at this point.

#sigh
[+] 6 users Like GirlyMan's post
06-11-2014, 08:57 PM
lol funny stuff Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Michael_Tadlock's post
06-11-2014, 09:01 PM
(06-11-2014 08:44 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  That little girl is why religion is done. ... It's all just desperate death spasms at this point.

I hope so.

The new generation are having none of it.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post
06-11-2014, 09:10 PM
I think the girl acted like a spoiled brat. Sure, the man was irritating, but kids need to be taught how to be respectful so that when they grow up they know how be productive adults. It's "cute" when she's doing it to the street preacher, but not so cute if she feels entitled to pull the same stunt on any adult who is speaking about something she doesn't like. Maybe the next time she does this to her pediatrician, teacher or a police officer. Especially with the latter, who knows how some of those loose cannons will react to a disrespectful tone.
[+] 1 user Likes Plan 9 from OS's post
06-11-2014, 09:20 PM
(06-11-2014 09:10 PM)Plan 9 from OS Wrote:  I think the girl acted like a spoiled brat. Sure, the man was irritating, but kids need to be taught how to be respectful so that when they grow up they know how be productive adults. It's "cute" when she's doing it to the street preacher, but not so cute if she feels entitled to pull the same stunt on any adult who is speaking about something she doesn't like. Maybe the next time she does this to her pediatrician, teacher or a police officer. Especially with the latter, who knows how some of those loose cannons will react to a disrespectful tone.

What was that man doing that was worthy of respect? I missed that part Drinking Beverage

In this situation, her disrespect was appropriate.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 6 users Like Smercury44's post
06-11-2014, 09:28 PM
More power to her.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.