This Little Girl Is My Fucking Hero!

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 2 Average
10-11-2014, 07:52 AM
RE: This Little Girl Is My Fucking Hero!
When I was in Salem it was mostly just goths having a good time, and street fairs and the like. Also they had nice ginkgo trees. Guess I went at the right time of year.

I suppose I'm not surprised that fundamentalists showed up, it seems like they appear wherever people are having fun to shout at them. Up in Canada I don't think I've seen a single street preacher, although a while back I was in the gas station and there was an old man preforming faith healing over his cellphone.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-11-2014, 08:45 AM
(10-11-2014 12:04 AM)morondog Wrote:  Christ. She's a fucken kid. Kids act like brats all the time. It was funny, OP thought so & posted. It's not fucken Armageddon, it's not an act with any particular meaning, it's a kid doing something funny. Fuck sakes...

If anything this thread has demoed for me the endless human capability to be a bunch of humourless fucks Rolleyes

Well said!

Seriously, I posted it because I thought it was funny. You have people lambasting the kid for not acting like an adult, and it's like "Well, maybe she's not acting like an adult because she's a fucking kid!" For all we know, the kid may not be atheist at all. Maybe she's just sick of annoying fucks trying to shove their beliefs down everybody's throats. I sure as hell found them annoying when I still believed. Plus, if Salem is invaded by Bible thumpers around Halloween every year, wouldn't it be a hundred times more annoying and make you want to snap off on one of them? I know my patience would be worn quite thin, even when I still believed.

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
[+] 5 users Like WindyCityJazz's post
10-11-2014, 10:01 AM
I have two girls about that age, if they want to harass the street preachers with microphones I let them have at it. You know what you signed up for when you plugged in your mic.

Its kinda along the lines of this forum, if you are going to scream stuff at people, then expect to have others scream criticism back at you.

I dont stifle the voices of my daughters for the sake of being respectful to an adult. They are taught manners and how to stand up to jerks, whether that jerk is 8 or 28 or 58.

you get what you give.

nobody puts baby in the corner! Tongue

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 5 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
10-11-2014, 11:26 AM
(09-11-2014 11:57 PM)UndercoverAtheist Wrote:  Indoctrination may occur on both sides of the debate. This child is most likely not mature enough to logically conclude that a creator (or the specified creator within the video) does or does not exist, and thus she most likely attained the idea from her parents.

That's a big assumption. First, some kids are mature enough at that age to be able to conclude there is no creator. Second, she may have just been annoyed with his loud disturbance. Nothing says she was against the idea of a god necessarily.

(09-11-2014 11:57 PM)UndercoverAtheist Wrote:  A philosophical mind not subjected to indoctrination may come upon the conclusion that we have a creator, as everything our brain perceives needs meaning, and meaning within the universe is attained spiritually in the absence of empirical evidence.

What? You're going to have to define "spiritually" before that has any meaning. And then I'm guessing you'll be wrong anyway because you've made a couple of unfounded conclusions. Drinking Beverage

(09-11-2014 11:57 PM)UndercoverAtheist Wrote:  To me, knowing that her parents have subjected her to their beliefs (which may be logically concluded) without first waiting until she is able to rationalize them herself, is sickening.

But you don't know that they did so (I disagree it's a logical conclusion).

(09-11-2014 11:57 PM)UndercoverAtheist Wrote:  I do not agree with either sides within this video. They are both sickening. I am also surprised that those within this thread do not disapprove of the actions of this little girl.

Confidence, assertiveness, free speech - what's to disapprove of?

(09-11-2014 11:57 PM)UndercoverAtheist Wrote:  The little girl also fails to listen to the man before she caws her excruciatingly painful whine, indicating that she is not an open-minded individual, indicating that her parents are not open-minded individuals, suggesting that all within this video are ignorant.

This video obviously doesn't show the beginning of this guy's preaching or the beginning of when the girl approached him. Your conclusion is yet another assumption.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
10-11-2014, 12:22 PM
Quote:That's a big assumption. First, some kids are mature enough at that age to be able to conclude there is no creator. Second, she may have just been annoyed with his loud disturbance. Nothing says she was against the idea of a god necessarily.

"Jesus blah blah blah, Jesus blah blah blah bleh" - Bratty Little Girl (the man had not spoken Jesus' name previously within the video, which suggests that either she or her parents disagree with this specific religion). I like how you used "mature" to describe this child, as if a "mature" being would shout at another while disregarding what they have to say. Both the preacher and the child are fundamentally immature.

Quote:What? You're going to have to define "spiritually" before that has any meaning. And then I'm guessing you'll be wrong anyway because you've made a couple of unfounded conclusions. Drinking Beverage

Spiritually - of or relating to religion or religious belief. Without empirical scientific evidence, a human would most likely rationalize the world through creations of religious figures (sun gods, weather gods, etc.). The word "spiritual" is not as ambiguous as you may think it is, it holds true meaning in the context of what I had written. Many within this thread have made unfounded conclusions. Who is to say that this little girl is not a Muslim? Who is to say that this little girl does not worship Satan? Support for this girl within this thread comes from the broad assumption that she is an atheist.

Quote:But you don't know that they did so (I disagree it's a logical conclusion).

Logical conclusions cannot come from the source. In order to make a conclusion you must first live without the answer. What you just wrote is like saying "You don't know there isn't a god so I disagree that it's a logical conclusion."

Quote:Confidence, assertiveness, free speech - what's to disapprove of?

I disapprove of the fact that this little girl uses these great qualities to throw vitriol at the man within the video (no matter how deserving he is). Hate and intolerance for other's freedoms will lead one nowhere within this life (both within this video should realize that), and I recognize semblances of hate/superiority within your statements geared towards me.

Quote:This video obviously doesn't show the beginning of this guy's preaching or the beginning of when the girl approached him. Your conclusion is yet another assumption.

You are correct, one part of my statement was an assumption. Mainly, I first assumed that she had not listened to his words and evaluated them, and then I based the rest of my conclusions off of that assumptions, which was wrong of me to do.

Would you let your child act in such a vile manner within a public square?
Drinking BeverageDrinking BeverageDrinking BeverageDrinking BeverageDrinking BeverageDrinking BeverageDrinking BeverageDrinking BeverageDrinking BeverageDrinking BeverageDrinking BeverageDrinking BeverageDrinking BeverageDrinking Beverage (does this make me look smart?)
10-11-2014, 12:27 PM
Quote:I have two girls about that age, if they want to harass the street preachers with microphones I let them have at it. You know what you signed up for when you plugged in your mic.

Quote:you get what you give.

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." -Gandhi

"Hate begets hate"

It seems that no one will ever learn that assholery will only lead to more assholery.

"Assholery begets assholery." - UndercoverAtheist 2014 (copyrighted)
10-11-2014, 12:38 PM
(10-11-2014 12:27 PM)UndercoverAtheist Wrote:  It seems that no one will ever learn that assholery will only lead to more assholery.

only an asshole would know, I guess. Tongue

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
10-11-2014, 01:11 PM
(10-11-2014 12:22 PM)UndercoverAtheist Wrote:  Would you let your child act in such a vile manner within a public square?
Vile? Were you brought up in a nunnery? Yeesh...

Quote:Drinking BeverageDrinking BeverageDrinking BeverageDrinking BeverageDrinking BeverageDrinking BeverageDrinking BeverageDrinking BeverageDrinking BeverageDrinking BeverageDrinking BeverageDrinking BeverageDrinking BeverageDrinking Beverage (does this make me look smart?)
Nope Drinking Beverage

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
10-11-2014, 01:58 PM
(10-11-2014 12:22 PM)UndercoverAtheist Wrote:  "Jesus blah blah blah, Jesus blah blah blah bleh" - Bratty Little Girl (the man had not spoken Jesus' name previously within the video, which suggests that either she or her parents disagree with this specific religion). I like how you used "mature" to describe this child, as if a "mature" being would shout at another while disregarding what they have to say. Both the preacher and the child are fundamentally immature.

You have no idea what happened before this video clip. Why are you guessing Jesus' name had not been spoken? "Mature" was your word, not mine. I applied it to "some kids", not this girl if you read what I wrote. It might apply to this girl, but I can't know that and am not going to assume. And "mature enough" is what I said which is not the same as "mature".

(10-11-2014 12:22 PM)UndercoverAtheist Wrote:  Spiritually - of or relating to religion or religious belief. Without empirical scientific evidence, a human would most likely rationalize the world through creations of religious figures (sun gods, weather gods, etc.). The word "spiritual" is not as ambiguous as you may think it is, it holds true meaning in the context of what I had written. Many within this thread have made unfounded conclusions. Who is to say that this little girl is not a Muslim? Who is to say that this little girl does not worship Satan? Support for this girl within this thread comes from the broad assumption that she is an atheist.

Holy cow you're reading way more into things than are there. Why would she have to be an atheist or even of any particular religion for her behavior to be acceptable? That has nothing to do with anything. "Spiritual" is more ambiguous than you care to admit. Frankly, it doesn't have to involve religion at all depending on who is defining it. I strongly disagree that "spirituality=religion" is some sort of default position that we tend toward to give meaning to the universe. Religion is taught.

(10-11-2014 12:22 PM)UndercoverAtheist Wrote:  Logical conclusions cannot come from the source. In order to make a conclusion you must first live without the answer. What you just wrote is like saying "You don't know there isn't a god so I disagree that it's a logical conclusion."

No. You made an assumption that the parents put the kid up to this. I pointed out that she may simply have been disturbed by the noise this preacher was making. I have no idea whether that's true, but it's plausible and therefore renders your conclusion an assumption.

(10-11-2014 12:22 PM)UndercoverAtheist Wrote:  I disapprove of the fact that this little girl uses these great qualities to throw vitriol at the man within the video (no matter how deserving he is). Hate and intolerance for other's freedoms will lead one nowhere within this life (both within this video should realize that), and I recognize semblances of hate/superiority within your statements geared towards me.

Freedom of speech does not apply in all situations. You cannot, for example, get away with yelling "fire!" in a crowded theater. The fact is these street corner preachers are tolerated. Freedom of speech does not grant the right to speak anywhere or anytime they darn feel like it. The girl's behavior is also not necessarily hate or intolerance - that is an assumption - again. This guy was disturbing this girl's peace.

(10-11-2014 12:22 PM)UndercoverAtheist Wrote:  You are correct, one part of my statement was an assumption. Mainly, I first assumed that she had not listened to his words and evaluated them, and then I based the rest of my conclusions off of that assumptions, which was wrong of me to do.

I'm glad you see that. Thanks for your honesty.

(10-11-2014 12:22 PM)UndercoverAtheist Wrote:  Would you let your child act in such a vile manner within a public square?

I disagree that it was vile.

(10-11-2014 12:22 PM)UndercoverAtheist Wrote:  Drinking BeverageDrinking BeverageDrinking BeverageDrinking BeverageDrinking BeverageDrinking BeverageDrinking BeverageDrinking BeverageDrinking BeverageDrinking BeverageDrinking BeverageDrinking BeverageDrinking BeverageDrinking Beverage (does this make me look smart?)

Drinking Beverage

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
10-11-2014, 02:12 PM
(10-11-2014 12:38 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  
(10-11-2014 12:27 PM)UndercoverAtheist Wrote:  It seems that no one will ever learn that assholery will only lead to more assholery.

only an asshole would know, I guess. Tongue

Now, since you called me an asshole (which is ashollish of you to do), I feel the need to be an asshole towards you.

My statement was true!