This Little Girl Is My Fucking Hero!

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 2 Average
06-11-2014, 09:33 PM
RE: This Little Girl Is My Fucking Hero!
(06-11-2014 09:10 PM)Plan 9 from OS Wrote:  I think the girl acted like a spoiled brat. Sure, the man was irritating, but kids need to be taught how to be respectful so that when they grow up they know how be productive adults. It's "cute" when she's doing it to the street preacher, but not so cute if she feels entitled to pull the same stunt on any adult who is speaking about something she doesn't like. Maybe the next time she does this to her pediatrician, teacher or a police officer. Especially with the latter, who knows how some of those loose cannons will react to a disrespectful tone.

Or maybe she's just smart enough to know when to use tactics like that to prove a point. Obviously, the Bible thumper doesn't know when to shut his mouth and be respectful to others. Are you worried that he won't know when to stop being an annoying dick when he has to deal with a police officer? If not, then why?

Oh, I forgot. He's being an annoying dick for religious reasons, so that's perfectly acceptable. How dare that little girl not give him his free pass!

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like WindyCityJazz's post
06-11-2014, 09:47 PM
This man is disturbing the peace and should shut up. If an atheist were out there shouting at people he or she would be arrested in a nano second.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
06-11-2014, 09:53 PM
(06-11-2014 08:44 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  That little girl is why religion is done. ... It's all just desperate death spasms at this point.

I give it another hundred years or so, (maybe less), before religions, being a major influence on societies today, will be a thing of the past.
06-11-2014, 10:00 PM
(06-11-2014 09:33 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  
(06-11-2014 09:10 PM)Plan 9 from OS Wrote:  I think the girl acted like a spoiled brat. Sure, the man was irritating, but kids need to be taught how to be respectful so that when they grow up they know how be productive adults. It's "cute" when she's doing it to the street preacher, but not so cute if she feels entitled to pull the same stunt on any adult who is speaking about something she doesn't like. Maybe the next time she does this to her pediatrician, teacher or a police officer. Especially with the latter, who knows how some of those loose cannons will react to a disrespectful tone.

Or maybe she's just smart enough to know when to use tactics like that to prove a point. Obviously, the Bible thumper doesn't know when to shut his mouth and be respectful to others. Are you worried that he won't know when to stop being an annoying dick when he has to deal with a police officer? If not, then why?

Oh, I forgot. He's being an annoying dick for religious reasons, so that's perfectly acceptable. How dare that little girl not give him his free pass!

I'm cool with freedom of speech regardless of who it's coming from. I have no problem with the KKK, LBGTA, NeoNazi's, Christians, Muslims, Jews, NRA or any other group who wants to have a rally - especially if they fill out whatever forms are needed for the protest/rally. I'm also fine with anyone who wants to have a counter demonstration or counter protest. If the bible thumper is violating any laws and chooses to disobey an order from a cop to disperse, then I have no issue with the guy being thrown in jail either.

I'm skeptical that the kid did this on her own and most likely was put up to it by her parents. What she did is no different than if an adult was going up to the guy and calling him names and using ad-hominem attacks. I loathe it when fundies attack atheists, catholics, muslims and any other group by calling them "sinners", "evil" and other slurs instead of rationally discussing an opposing viewpoint. I think what the girl did was no different than a fundie acting like a jackass and publicly demonizing another group of people.
06-11-2014, 10:01 PM
Fabulous!

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
06-11-2014, 10:12 PM
(06-11-2014 09:47 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  This man is disturbing the peace and should shut up. If an atheist were out there shouting at people he or she would be arrested in a nano second.

Most likely, the guy probably has a permit to be out there or the town gives street preachers a lot of leeway to be there in the first place. Also, I don't recall ever seeing an atheist with a megaphone trying to preach to people in the streets. Really, that doesn't have to happen because the more people learn, the more they question and then...

I think it's annoying as fuck to see street preachers. In my neighborhood, we regularly have baptists on the corners holding up big signs for all the cars passing by. Best thing to do IMHO is to just ignore them. Because the sad part about this whole thing is the guy was most likely getting off on seeing someone ridiculing him. No doubt the guy was thinking of this bible passage from Matt 5:11-12..."11 Blessed are you when they insult you and persecute you and utter every kind of evil against you [falsely] because of me 12 Rejoice and be glad, for your reward will be great in heaven. Thus they persecuted the prophets who were before you." Street preachers get off on this type of stuff. They LOVE to be ridiculed, because it affirms for them (in their minds) that they are doing "God's work".

One way to deal with street preachers is to turn a blind eye towards them. Indifference is a much better tool to combat them than hostility. An even better way is to throw facts at them. Most likely they are steeped in their theology; however, if given some actual facts to stew over, some people may actually begin to think through things more honestly.
06-11-2014, 10:15 PM
(06-11-2014 10:00 PM)Plan 9 from OS Wrote:  
(06-11-2014 09:33 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  Or maybe she's just smart enough to know when to use tactics like that to prove a point. Obviously, the Bible thumper doesn't know when to shut his mouth and be respectful to others. Are you worried that he won't know when to stop being an annoying dick when he has to deal with a police officer? If not, then why?

I'm cool with freedom of speech regardless of who it's coming from. I have no problem with the KKK, LBGTA, NeoNazi's, Christians, Muslims, Jews, NRA or any other group who wants to have a rally - especially if they fill out whatever forms are needed for the protest/rally. I'm also fine with anyone who wants to have a counter demonstration or counter protest. If the bible thumper is violating any laws and chooses to disobey an order from a cop to disperse, then I have no issue with the guy being thrown in jail either.

I'm skeptical that the kid did this on her own and most likely was put up to it by her parents. What she did is no different than if an adult was going up to the guy and calling him names and using ad-hominem attacks. I loathe it when fundies attack atheists, catholics, muslims and any other group by calling them "sinners", "evil" and other slurs instead of rationally discussing an opposing viewpoint. I think what the girl did was no different than a fundie acting like a jackass and publicly demonizing another group of people.

The difference is that the preacher started the whole thing by spouting his religious garbage at everyone walking by. She simply responded to it. If it were an atheist standing on the corner shouting that religious people need to become atheists, then I would criticize the atheist the same way that I criticize the preacher in the video. The difference is that you're saying that the girl is wrong for responding to the guy provoking everyone that doesn't agree with him. She went off on him for being an obnoxious dick. Nothing wrong with that as far as I'm concerned. He shouldn't dish it if he can't take it.

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
[+] 4 users Like WindyCityJazz's post
06-11-2014, 10:31 PM
Ok, I officially want to give a high five to her parents.

That was Awesome.

"Shut up...shut it...SHUT UP"

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post
06-11-2014, 10:33 PM
It was funny and sad at the same time. Both were out of line. Bad behavior does not justify bad behavior. She was acting like a brat and fueling his percacution complex.
[+] 1 user Likes wazzel's post
06-11-2014, 10:35 PM
(06-11-2014 10:15 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  
(06-11-2014 10:00 PM)Plan 9 from OS Wrote:  I'm cool with freedom of speech regardless of who it's coming from. I have no problem with the KKK, LBGTA, NeoNazi's, Christians, Muslims, Jews, NRA or any other group who wants to have a rally - especially if they fill out whatever forms are needed for the protest/rally. I'm also fine with anyone who wants to have a counter demonstration or counter protest. If the bible thumper is violating any laws and chooses to disobey an order from a cop to disperse, then I have no issue with the guy being thrown in jail either.

The difference is that the preacher started the whole thing by spouting his religious garbage at everyone walking by. She simply responded to it. If it were an atheist standing on the corner shouting that religious people need to become atheists, then I would criticize the atheist the same way that I criticize the preacher in the video. The difference is that you're saying that the girl is wrong for responding to the guy provoking everyone that doesn't agree with him. She went off on him for being an obnoxious dick. Nothing wrong with that as far as I'm concerned. He shouldn't dish it if he can't take it.

No, you misunderstand me. I'm saying the girl is a brat because she's just a kid and is not being respectful to an adult. I get that you think the guy is being a dick, but I won't agree with letting any kid make a value judgment and to take it upon him/herself to go off on an adult because he/she disagrees with what the adult is saying. Let another adult take up that battle. I'm all for freedom and I'm all for protecting children from the monsters of the world. But children are not old enough nor have the maturity to be able to exercise their full rights as Americans. Kids need to be taught, and badmouthing an adult to his face is not teaching the kid how to be mature adult.