This Little Girl Is My Fucking Hero!

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 2 Average
06-11-2014, 10:36 PM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2014 10:54 PM by Shadow Fox.)
RE: This Little Girl Is My Fucking Hero!
That is the most amazing girl ever.

If a female ever likes me one day and I actually have kids. I hope my kid will be as great as that one.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=565_1414624044

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-11-2014, 11:03 PM
I have no problem with this jerk spouting off whatever he wants. But as soon as he strapped on a microphone and electronic amplifier he invaded the space of everyone in the area, and all bets are off. I see this kid as just wanting the invasive noise to stop, and I applaud her efforts to turn down the volume.

No mic = brat

Mic = you go, girl!

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 4 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
06-11-2014, 11:03 PM
(06-11-2014 10:35 PM)Plan 9 from OS Wrote:  
(06-11-2014 10:15 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  The difference is that the preacher started the whole thing by spouting his religious garbage at everyone walking by. She simply responded to it. If it were an atheist standing on the corner shouting that religious people need to become atheists, then I would criticize the atheist the same way that I criticize the preacher in the video. The difference is that you're saying that the girl is wrong for responding to the guy provoking everyone that doesn't agree with him. She went off on him for being an obnoxious dick. Nothing wrong with that as far as I'm concerned. He shouldn't dish it if he can't take it.

No, you misunderstand me. I'm saying the girl is a brat because she's just a kid and is not being respectful to an adult. I get that you think the guy is being a dick, but I won't agree with letting any kid make a value judgment and to take it upon him/herself to go off on an adult because he/she disagrees with what the adult is saying. Let another adult take up that battle. I'm all for freedom and I'm all for protecting children from the monsters of the world. But children are not old enough nor have the maturity to be able to exercise their full rights as Americans. Kids need to be taught, and badmouthing an adult to his face is not teaching the kid how to be mature adult.

You can't say that just because she is a child, and he is an adult that he deserves her respect. I think kids should be taught that one has to earn respect. I do agree though that there is a time and a place for respect, and you should instill that value as well.

I find the man as annoying as she did. The religious folks would tell you that I have no right to disrespect him because he is a man of god. Is that fair? Hell no, I can mock him if I please. So can she.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 5 users Like Smercury44's post
06-11-2014, 11:11 PM
When I opened the thread, I confess I expected to see this:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/30...77134.html

Just sayin'

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
06-11-2014, 11:55 PM
(06-11-2014 10:35 PM)Plan 9 from OS Wrote:  I'm saying the girl is a brat because she's just a kid and is not being respectful to an adult. I get that you think the guy is being a dick, but I won't agree with letting any kid make a value judgment and to take it upon him/herself to go off on an adult because he/she disagrees with what the adult is saying. Let another adult take up that battle. I'm all for freedom and I'm all for protecting children from the monsters of the world. But children are not old enough nor have the maturity to be able to exercise their full rights as Americans. Kids need to be taught, and badmouthing an adult to his face is not teaching the kid how to be mature adult.

Whatever dude. Respect is *earned*, not given for free. This bullshit of kids should respect their elders? For what? For having been alive? The garbage he's spouting proves that he hasn't used those extra years to learn anything anyway. There *is* nothing to respect.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 6 users Like morondog's post
07-11-2014, 01:39 AM
That was so damn funny!
07-11-2014, 03:45 AM
The kid was real, confident, and just beautiful.

She's gonna be one hell of an adult when she grows up.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Fulton's post
07-11-2014, 05:29 AM
(06-11-2014 10:00 PM)Plan 9 from OS Wrote:  
(06-11-2014 09:33 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  Or maybe she's just smart enough to know when to use tactics like that to prove a point. Obviously, the Bible thumper doesn't know when to shut his mouth and be respectful to others. Are you worried that he won't know when to stop being an annoying dick when he has to deal with a police officer? If not, then why?

Oh, I forgot. He's being an annoying dick for religious reasons, so that's perfectly acceptable. How dare that little girl not give him his free pass!

I'm cool with freedom of speech regardless of who it's coming from. I have no problem with the KKK, LBGTA, NeoNazi's, Christians, Muslims, Jews, NRA or any other group who wants to have a rally - especially if they fill out whatever forms are needed for the protest/rally. I'm also fine with anyone who wants to have a counter demonstration or counter protest. If the bible thumper is violating any laws and chooses to disobey an order from a cop to disperse, then I have no issue with the guy being thrown in jail either.

I'm skeptical that the kid did this on her own and most likely was put up to it by her parents. What she did is no different than if an adult was going up to the guy and calling him names and using ad-hominem attacks. I loathe it when fundies attack atheists, catholics, muslims and any other group by calling them "sinners", "evil" and other slurs instead of rationally discussing an opposing viewpoint. I think what the girl did was no different than a fundie acting like a jackass and publicly demonizing another group of people.

I have no problem with her exercising her right of free speech. She made no 'ad hominem' attacks, so it is different. Your view seems a tad skewed.

She told the truth - that no one wanted to hear his rant.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
07-11-2014, 05:32 AM
(06-11-2014 10:35 PM)Plan 9 from OS Wrote:  
(06-11-2014 10:15 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  The difference is that the preacher started the whole thing by spouting his religious garbage at everyone walking by. She simply responded to it. If it were an atheist standing on the corner shouting that religious people need to become atheists, then I would criticize the atheist the same way that I criticize the preacher in the video. The difference is that you're saying that the girl is wrong for responding to the guy provoking everyone that doesn't agree with him. She went off on him for being an obnoxious dick. Nothing wrong with that as far as I'm concerned. He shouldn't dish it if he can't take it.

No, you misunderstand me. I'm saying the girl is a brat because she's just a kid and is not being respectful to an adult. I get that you think the guy is being a dick, but I won't agree with letting any kid make a value judgment and to take it upon him/herself to go off on an adult because he/she disagrees with what the adult is saying. Let another adult take up that battle. I'm all for freedom and I'm all for protecting children from the monsters of the world. But children are not old enough nor have the maturity to be able to exercise their full rights as Americans. Kids need to be taught, and badmouthing an adult to his face is not teaching the kid how to be mature adult.

Bring children up suppressing their views so they can better express their views as adults?

Seems legit. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 6 users Like Chas's post
07-11-2014, 06:00 AM
Saying this little girl did something good is no different that the people that support the street preachers that yell at people. You can not excuse bad behavior because it was used to support your opinion.