This Little Girl Is My Fucking Hero!

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 2 Average
07-11-2014, 08:24 AM
RE: This Little Girl Is My Fucking Hero!
(07-11-2014 06:00 AM)wazzel Wrote:  Saying this little girl did something good is no different that the people that support the street preachers that yell at people. You can not excuse bad behavior because it was used to support your opinion.

She's just illuminating how much of an annoying cunt he's being. Bad parenting all around... Except in her case, it might also be brilliant, satirical parenting. Although, I do agree (with a completely different commenter) that she could have been armed with better content (and maybe a megaphone).
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-11-2014, 08:26 AM
(07-11-2014 08:24 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  she could have been armed with better content

She's a kid, come on... She's not Aron-Ra. Still bloody well done say I. Tell the idiot where to get off.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
07-11-2014, 08:36 AM
The street preacher is there because there are crowds. Why are there crowds? Consider

Glad you asked. Smile

It is Halloween in Salem, MA which touts itself as "The Witch City".
[Image: salem-witch_city.jpg]

They are grotesquely cashing in on the horrific events of the ignorant, superstitious colonists who persecuted and executed innocent people. Fuck Salem. Assholes.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
07-11-2014, 08:36 AM
Going to go out on a limb and say absolutely no one would be claiming the kid was disrespectful if he was yelling about the existence of mermaids or Bigfoot or some other non-religious lunacy.

(07-11-2014 06:00 AM)wazzel Wrote:  Saying this little girl did something good is no different that the people that support the street preachers that yell at people. You can not excuse bad behavior because it was used to support your opinion.

Except she was responding to someone being an idiot and trying to get them to stop instead of starting it up with no provocation like the preacher.

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
[+] 2 users Like CleverUsername's post
07-11-2014, 08:40 AM
(06-11-2014 08:13 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  Apparently, every year when October rolls around, the town of Salem, Massachusetts is swarmed by Bible thumpers who take to the street corners and start shouting about how everybody needs to run to Jesus or suffer eternal torture. One little girl decided she was fed up and thought she would give the preacher a taste of his own medicine.

Of course, there are tons of people with the whole "That girl is being really disrespectful! I wouldn't allow my child to act like that!" Yes, of course. It's not disrespectful of him to go around trying to shove his religious beliefs down everybody's throats. That's perfectly fine. It's when the girl calls him out on acting like an annoying dick that's disrespectful. This "free pass for the religious" shit really needs to go. I'd be damn proud if she were my daughter!

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=2c1_1415122155

I live in Salem and on behalf of everyone thank you! Big Grin

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 3 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post
07-11-2014, 08:49 AM
(07-11-2014 08:36 AM)Chas Wrote:  The street preacher is there because there are crowds. Why are there crowds? Consider

Glad you asked. Smile

They are grotesquely cashing in on the horrific events of the ignorant, superstitious colonists who persecuted and executed innocent people. Fuck Salem. Assholes.

Are you telling me the crowds don't mass there because of the Hawthorne tours of the house that inspired the house of 7 gables?

I guess I'm the geek who went there hyped more to visit that since I was already in Massachusetts on a trip.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
07-11-2014, 08:50 AM (This post was last modified: 07-11-2014 09:07 AM by grizzlysnake.)
(07-11-2014 08:36 AM)Chas Wrote:  The street preacher is there because there are crowds. Why are there crowds? Consider

Glad you asked. Smile

Fuck you Chas,
They are also embracing their dark past so people can learn from it it not just dust it under the rug like so many Catholics do with priests.
It is a major tourist attraction and it is controversial in some cases and that is why you get all these preachers down there. Self proclaimed witches flock there and they aren't afraid.
(Maybe saying "Fuck " was bad form but it grabs attentionTongue)

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
07-11-2014, 08:52 AM
(07-11-2014 08:24 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  

She's just illuminating how much of an annoying cunt he's being. Bad parenting all around... Except in her case, it might also be brilliant, satirical parenting. Although, I do agree (with a completely different commenter) that she could have been armed with better content (and maybe a megaphone).
I see a young kid pitching a hissy, really nothing good about it.
07-11-2014, 08:55 AM
(07-11-2014 08:36 AM)CleverUsername Wrote:  Going to go out on a limb and say absolutely no one would be claiming the kid was disrespectful if he was yelling about the existence of mermaids or Bigfoot or some other non-religious lunacy.

Except she was responding to someone being an idiot and trying to get them to stop instead of starting it up with no provocation like the preacher.

'Cause yelling "shut up" repeatedly at some one you disagree with is a good thing? We call that kind of behavior out here all the time. Are we going to justify it because it supports us or are we going to do the right thing and call it what it is?
07-11-2014, 09:04 AM
(07-11-2014 08:55 AM)wazzel Wrote:  
(07-11-2014 08:36 AM)CleverUsername Wrote:  Going to go out on a limb and say absolutely no one would be claiming the kid was disrespectful if he was yelling about the existence of mermaids or Bigfoot or some other non-religious lunacy.

'Cause yelling "shut up" repeatedly at some one you disagree with is a good thing? We call that kind of behavior out here all the time. Are we going to justify it because it supports us or are we going to do the right thing and call it what it is?

Shut up Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.