This Little Girl Is My Fucking Hero!

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 2 Average
07-11-2014, 09:06 AM
RE: This Little Girl Is My Fucking Hero!
(07-11-2014 08:50 AM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  
(07-11-2014 08:36 AM)Chas Wrote:  The street preacher is there because there are crowds. Why are there crowds? Consider

Glad you asked. Smile

It is Halloween in Salem, MA which touts itself as "The Witch City".
[Image: salem-witch_city.jpg]

They are grotesquely cashing in on the horrific events of the ignorant, superstitious colonists who persecuted and executed innocent people. Fuck Salem. Assholes.
Fuck you Chas,
They are also embracing their dark past so people can learn from it it not just dust it under the rug like so many Catholics do with priests.
It is a major tourist attraction and it is controversial in some cases and that is why you get all these preachers down there. Self proclaimed witches flock there and they aren't afraid.

Are you fucking serious?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-11-2014, 09:06 AM
(07-11-2014 08:55 AM)wazzel Wrote:  
(07-11-2014 08:36 AM)CleverUsername Wrote:  Going to go out on a limb and say absolutely no one would be claiming the kid was disrespectful if he was yelling about the existence of mermaids or Bigfoot or some other non-religious lunacy.

Except she was responding to someone being an idiot and trying to get them to stop instead of starting it up with no provocation like the preacher.

'Cause yelling "shut up" repeatedly at some one you disagree with is a good thing? We call that kind of behavior out here all the time. Are we going to justify it because it supports us or are we going to do the right thing and call it what it is?

I'm not seeing a rational difference from yelling shut up to saying.. that's a hissy... to me both are on the same playing field either way.

The age, maturity, education, and point of direction the comments are leveled at take hold in how one views a comment though.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
07-11-2014, 09:08 AM
(07-11-2014 09:06 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(07-11-2014 08:50 AM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  Fuck you Chas,
They are also embracing their dark past so people can learn from it it not just dust it under the rug like so many Catholics do with priests.
It is a major tourist attraction and it is controversial in some cases and that is why you get all these preachers down there. Self proclaimed witches flock there and they aren't afraid.

Are you fucking serious?
You don't think they educate the public?

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
07-11-2014, 09:21 AM
(07-11-2014 09:08 AM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  
(07-11-2014 09:06 AM)Chas Wrote:  Are you fucking serious?
You don't think they educate the public?

The Salem Witch Museum has some actual history. That is the only place in town that has it. But go their web site - even there gift shop cashes in on bullshit.

And safe for self-professed witches? WTAF?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-11-2014, 09:22 AM (This post was last modified: 07-11-2014 09:48 AM by CleverUsername.)
(07-11-2014 08:55 AM)wazzel Wrote:  'Cause yelling "shut up" repeatedly at some one you disagree with is a good thing? We call that kind of behavior out here all the time. Are we going to justify it because it supports us or are we going to do the right thing and call it what it is?

As far as I've seen, whenever we call out someone's absolutely horrible debate skills on here, they're;

1. Adults

2. Trying to convince people of something, instead of wanting someone to stop disturbing people by shutting their yap.

Neither of which apply in this situation, at least for the one we're "justifying" ( they both apply fully to the preacher, though). No one's praising the kid for her amazing debate skills, she looks like she's eight so this is about the most it's fair to expect from her, more just the fact that she bothered to pop the stupid respect bubble everyone seems to give these nuts.

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
[+] 6 users Like CleverUsername's post
07-11-2014, 09:39 AM
(07-11-2014 09:21 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(07-11-2014 09:08 AM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  You don't think they educate the public?

The Salem Witch Museum has some actual history. That is the only place in town that has it. But go their web site - even there gift shop cashes in on bullshit.

And safe for self-professed witches? WTAF?
I'm not saying they don't profess bullshit, witchcraft is but I'm totally okay with anything that makes Christians going into a tizzy, realising they can't hang, burn or crush any more witches legally since after the Salem witch trials courts done away with "spectral evidence". Yes, witches do come to visit.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
07-11-2014, 10:03 AM
(07-11-2014 09:04 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(07-11-2014 08:55 AM)wazzel Wrote:  'Cause yelling "shut up" repeatedly at some one you disagree with is a good thing? We call that kind of behavior out here all the time. Are we going to justify it because it supports us or are we going to do the right thing and call it what it is?

Shut up Tongue

I would appreciate it if you would not interrupt me. I am trying to have a conversation.Tongue
07-11-2014, 10:05 AM
(07-11-2014 09:06 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  

I'm not seeing a rational difference from yelling shut up to saying.. that's a hissy... to me both are on the same playing field either way.

The age, maturity, education, and point of direction the comments are leveled at take hold in how one views a comment though.

What? I am not getting your point.
07-11-2014, 10:07 AM
(07-11-2014 09:22 AM)CleverUsername Wrote:  

As far as I've seen, whenever we call out someone's absolutely horrible debate skills on here, they're;

1. Adults

2. Trying to convince people of something, instead of wanting someone to stop disturbing people by shutting their yap.

Neither of which apply in this situation, at least for the one we're "justifying" ( they both apply fully to the preacher, though). No one's praising the kid for her amazing debate skills, she looks like she's eight so this is about the most it's fair to expect from her, more just the fact that she bothered to pop the stupid respect bubble everyone seems to give these nuts.

I am not going from the guy deserves respect angle, because I think street preacher really do not deserve much. I just don't see why we should condone bad behavior because it is in our favor.
[+] 1 user Likes wazzel's post
07-11-2014, 10:25 AM
When I opened the comments, this was the first one at the top:

Quote:Even though I am atheist, if that girl was my daughter she would get a spanking for being disrespectful, everyone is entitled to their own beliefs, and he has the right to free speach, so in reality is not about religion, but a constitutional right.

First, this is probably a Christian claiming to be an atheist to "prove" even atheists object to this.

Second, too many people confuse "freedom of speech" with "freedom to speak anywhere at anytime regardless of anything else".

Third, if freedom of speech applies to the boy in this circumstance, then it also applies to the girl.

Fourth, this girl should have been joined by any onlookers who were also fed up with the proselytizing. If more people would use their own freedom of speech, maybe we would stop having our peace interrupted by this crap while we're just trying to go about our daily business. Dodgy

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 4 users Like Impulse's post