This Pastor Realized the Bible Isn't True

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-07-2012, 08:14 PM
This Pastor Realized the Bible Isn't True
Interesting piece on the thought process that led this pastor to reason:

Step 1 - recognizing the contradictory nature of the Bible; the lack of scientific or historical foundation or accuracy

Step 2 - thinking about all of the religions in the world and how people
basically associate, in most cases, with one religion or another based
upon their own culture and how they were raised

Step 3 - the question of the existence of hell and trying to understand how a
supreme being could create humans that according to the Christian Bible
are very weak and finite, as compared to God. How that creature, being,
entity, whatever you want to call it, could punish them eternally in
such a horrible and torturous place as hell

http://www.christianpost.com/news/ex-pas...ith-78048/
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Jeff's post
13-07-2012, 08:30 PM
RE: This Pastor Realized the Bible Isn't True
You got to love this! I cant see how she could support the church after she knew they were distorting truth and everything they say is false.

History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a
free civil government. This marks the lowest grade of ignorance, of which their
political as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their
own purpose. ~ Thomas Jefferson
14-07-2012, 08:25 AM
I was reading through some of the comments following that article. What a knee slapper. Some of the shit that comes out of the mouths of apologists is mind bottling (you know, what happens when your thoughts get all trapped up like in a bottle.). The acrobatics and hoops they jump through to try to rationalize their own thoughts is bananas.

Justin
14-07-2012, 08:43 AM
(14-07-2012 08:25 AM)Kinger Wrote:  I was reading through some of the comments following that article. What a knee slapper. Some of the shit that comes out of the mouths of apologists is mind bottling (you know, what happens when your thoughts get all trapped up like in a bottle.). The acrobatics and hoops they jump through to try to rationalize their own thoughts is bananas.
What I find interesting is that they don't seem to care at all if someone is a Hindu or a Shinto or some eastern religion, but if someone says I don't think the Abrahamic God exists (which Hindus and Shintos don't) and I'm an atheist, they go batshit insane about it and act like it's the biggest problem facing modern society. It proves how religion is simply a cultural construct. So to these people, Christianity = American nationalism. You renounce the religion, they think you are renouncing them and their culture.
[+] 2 users Like Blood's post
14-07-2012, 10:23 AM
(14-07-2012 08:43 AM)Blood Wrote:  
(14-07-2012 08:25 AM)Kinger Wrote:  I was reading through some of the comments following that article. What a knee slapper. Some of the shit that comes out of the mouths of apologists is mind bottling (you know, what happens when your thoughts get all trapped up like in a bottle.). The acrobatics and hoops they jump through to try to rationalize their own thoughts is bananas.
What I find interesting is that they don't seem to care at all if someone is a Hindu or a Shinto or some eastern religion, but if someone says I don't think the Abrahamic God exists (which Hindus and Shintos don't) and I'm an atheist, they go batshit insane about it and act like it's the biggest problem facing modern society. It proves how religion is simply a cultural construct. So to these people, Christianity = American nationalism. You renounce the religion, they think you are renouncing them and their culture.
So true. It seems many Christians or maybe just the religious in general, think that Atheism is more than it really is. It's the lack of belief in god(s), no more, no less. Most Atheists don't even go so far as to say a god doesn't exist, rather we say there is no evidence for said god, therefore I am a none believer. I don't understand how someone can take that statement and think the person saying it is on a level with child molesters and murders; then again I don't understand the theistic mind set. Consider

Justin