This Universe/Jesus pic made me laugh.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-05-2013, 08:57 AM
This Universe/Jesus pic made me laugh.
I hadn't seen this before.

[Image: 57b.jpg]

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 24 users Like germanyt's post
22-05-2013, 09:27 AM
RE: This Universe/Jesus pic made me laugh.
that was great. I was totally into those universe pictures and didn't expect the last one.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
22-05-2013, 09:35 AM
It really outlines the arrogant egotism of many people's theistic beliefs: There is this whole universe, but God decided to help my team win the football game, because I'm just that important to him.

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Elesjei's post
22-05-2013, 09:52 AM
OutSTANDing!
22-05-2013, 07:05 PM
(22-05-2013 09:35 AM)Elesjei Wrote:  It really outlines the arrogant egotism of many people's theistic beliefs: There is this whole universe, but God decided to help my team win the football game, because I'm just that important to him.

It's sad how small some people's universe is. What extra funny about that is that it's in direct violation of their Ten Commandments and they don't even know it. ...
"Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord in vane." ...as in "being vane" or "with vanity" i.e.: thinking of yourself. Laughat

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
22-05-2013, 10:24 PM
(22-05-2013 07:05 PM)Jeffasaurus Wrote:  
(22-05-2013 09:35 AM)Elesjei Wrote:  It really outlines the arrogant egotism of many people's theistic beliefs: There is this whole universe, but God decided to help my team win the football game, because I'm just that important to him.

It's sad how small some people's universe is. What extra funny about that is that it's in direct violation of their Ten Commandments and they don't even know it. ...
"Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord in vane." ...as in "being vane" or "with vanity" i.e.: thinking of yourself. Laughat

Vane =/= vain

And vanity has nothing to do with taking the lord's name in vain.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
22-05-2013, 10:36 PM
It reminds me of an conversation I had with my mom a few months ago, she was talking about the power of god and all that crap and I remembered the plagues of Egypt, I told her that for an omnipotent god sending a few bugs and tornadoes sounded quite flimsy, WHY!? she asked shocked, I explained with all my verbiage about the humongous nuclear explosions in the stars, super novas, and the atomic bomb to say the least and how the plagues pale in comparison... she changed the subject in a blink Tongue

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
23-05-2013, 09:41 AM
EGAD!!!!! JESUS IS FUCKING HUGE!!!!!

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
[+] 2 users Like Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
23-05-2013, 12:01 PM
LOL! hahahahaha
23-05-2013, 05:34 PM
(22-05-2013 10:24 PM)germanyt Wrote:  
(22-05-2013 07:05 PM)Jeffasaurus Wrote:  It's sad how small some people's universe is. What extra funny about that is that it's in direct violation of their Ten Commandments and they don't even know it. ...

Vane =/= vain

And vanity has nothing to do with taking the lord's name in vain.

Okay, I'll concede my homonym failure. (Dammit Angry that's one of my biggest pet peeves.)
While "in vain" is merely a modern idiom, the root, "vain," still pertains to self conceit as does "vanity."

Awww, hell. They're stupid rules anyway. What kind of a god would create a list of ten rules to live by, and have the first three all about him? There's the vanity.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]