This and that

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-09-2014, 01:28 PM
This and that
A few things not really related.
  • "You're close minded. Your mind is already made up." I get this a lot. I a way I suppose it's true. Either I've heard the argument before and the debunk is automatic, or else it's new but wacky and my immediate reaction is to try to show that it is wacky. I've tried "If you're too open minded your brain will fall out."
  • "You're dishonest. You're a liar" Dishonest meaning I question the validity of their so-called evidence. This comes up in particular with regard to Josephus, Tacitus, Pliny the Younger, etc.
  • "I believe in real science, not junk science." When asked by what criteria one determines whether the science is real or junk, I get silence.
  • The Ten Commandments are on a sign on the lawn of the court house in the city where I live. If it's unconstitutional in Georgia, it's unconstitutional in Ohio. I'd love to file a complaint but unless I do so anonymously (in which case it would be ignored) I might as well put a sign on my lawn "Atheist lives here. Feel free to throw rocks through windows."
  • I've been an atheist since I was 17. I never gave it much thought on a day-to-day basis. Now in my old age I think about it every day. I participate in religious and skeptic forums. I watch YouTube videos by AranRa, Thunderf00t, Seth Andrews and others. I think about it all the time. I don't know why.
Have a good one.

Sapere aude
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply