This being the only life can be depressing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-10-2016, 08:40 PM
RE: This being the only life can be depressing
(28-10-2016 07:45 PM)SuperMarioGamer Wrote:  
(28-10-2016 07:43 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Silence. Drinking Beverage

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH, I WANT MORE ATTENTION!!! DON'T YOU DARE IGNORE AN UGLY MOTHER FUCKER LIKE ME!!!Hobo

At least you have some self-awareness
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-10-2016, 10:00 PM
(28-10-2016 08:17 PM)SuperMarioGamer Wrote:  
(28-10-2016 08:10 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Zzzzzz

Would you like me to read you a bedtime story? How about a scripture from the Bible with God condemning non-believers like yourself? It would be a most trolling bedtime story for you indeed.

It's fiction, why would fiction bother me? God you are dull as shit, no wonder you can't stand you life I just have to read your writing you actually have to hear your voice.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
28-10-2016, 10:05 PM (This post was last modified: 28-10-2016 11:10 PM by SuperMarioGamer.)
(28-10-2016 08:40 PM)adey67 Wrote:  
(28-10-2016 07:45 PM)SuperMarioGamer Wrote:  WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH, I WANT MORE ATTENTION!!! DON'T YOU DARE IGNORE AN UGLY MOTHER FUCKER LIKE ME!!!Hobo

At least you have some self-awareness

Thwanks...Sadcryface...OH GOOOOOOOOD!!!Weeping-Rainbow Vomit

(28-10-2016 10:00 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(28-10-2016 08:17 PM)SuperMarioGamer Wrote:  Would you like me to read you a bedtime story? How about a scripture from the Bible with God condemning non-believers like yourself? It would be a most trolling bedtime story for you indeed.

It's fiction, why would fiction bother me? God you are dull as shit, no wonder you can't stand you life I just have to read your writing you actually have to hear your voice.

CricketsCricketsCricketsNoNoNo...

IT WOULD ANNOY YOU, FUCKING BITCH!!! THAT IS THE WHOLE DAMN POINT!!!Sadcryface2
28-10-2016, 11:37 PM
(28-10-2016 10:05 PM)SuperMarioGamer Wrote:  
(28-10-2016 08:40 PM)adey67 Wrote:  At least you have some self-awareness

Thwanks...Sadcryface...OH GOOOOOOOOD!!!Weeping-Rainbow Vomit

(28-10-2016 10:00 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  It's fiction, why would fiction bother me? God you are dull as shit, no wonder you can't stand you life I just have to read your writing you actually have to hear your voice.

CricketsCricketsCricketsNoNoNo...

IT WOULD ANNOY YOU, FUCKING BITCH!!! THAT IS THE WHOLE DAMN POINT!!!Sadcryface2
Not in the slightest, but you go right ahead little boy.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
29-10-2016, 05:37 AM
A long, long time ago,
I can still remember
how that music used to make me smile

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
29-10-2016, 06:06 AM
Why don't we ask the members who have never had a life at all if they find that depressing. OP, you can start.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-10-2016, 06:41 AM

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
29-10-2016, 07:06 AM (This post was last modified: 29-10-2016 07:11 AM by GirlyMan.)
(24-10-2016 01:30 AM)SuperMarioGamer Wrote:  However, if this life were put within the positive context of there being a happy ending (an eternal blissful afterlife where our beloved ones don't have to be gone forever), then I would find that to have an immense positive effect on the value of this life I have.

Why do you say that? Eternity devalues everything. In the face of eternity everything becomes meaningless. It's the law of diminishing returns. There is no meaning to be found outside the temporary. And an eternity of blissfulness would itself be hell. Rod Serling taught me that when I was just a wee laddie.

EDIT: And Thumper already played the Serling card.

(24-10-2016 01:30 AM)SuperMarioGamer Wrote:  People who just focus on this life and value it as it is are living this life out of context.

Eternity allows no context. Impermanence is required.

(24-10-2016 01:30 AM)SuperMarioGamer Wrote:  They are not focused at all on whether there is or is not the afterlife. They don't care if they forever rot and decay and neither do they care if there is an eternal blissful afterlife.

Ah, but I do care if there is an eternal blissful afterlife. I hope to God there's not.

#sigh
29-10-2016, 07:53 AM
And I knew if I had my chance
That I could make those people dance,
And maybe they'd be happy for a while.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
29-10-2016, 07:57 AM
(24-10-2016 09:55 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Who's WickedClown and what was he like?

He was pleasant enough. Decent fellow. Good people. Peculiar fascination with spiders. Oh and completely batshit bonkers.

[Image: wickedclown.jpg]

#sigh