This could finish religion and the religious right.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-04-2013, 07:06 PM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2013 08:06 PM by FSM_scot.)
This could finish religion and the religious right.
Hello!

What if there actually was something real behind several of the worlds major religions, including Christianity; something with a scientific explanation? What if this "something" was actually a mechanism found within the brain of all of us that could not only cause us to function against our own best interest and the best interest of others, and so cause others to work against our own, just like the demonic figures in these religions are supposed to be able to do, but could create mental and physical disease and disorder, and could even be responsible for virtually all of the evil that can come from the hand of man? A mechanism that can become more or less detrimental depending upon our thoughts, feelings, actions and intentions, and which is discoverable through hypnosis, which can have a great deal in common with prayer, meaning that it could have been accessible to, and subsequently misinterpreted by, the primitive, superstitious peoples who founded these religions, also explaining how it has surfaced periodically throughout history to leave its imprint upon these religions. And, what if knowledge of this mechanism and its functioning could even bring about an end to these religions?

I have both studied and worked in the mental health field, and some time back, while doing research involving hypnosis, I stumbled upon what has turned out to be a previously unknown mechanism within the human brain. It is the product of the evolutionary process and thus is present within all of us, and is also involved in many psychiatric disorders. And, though it rises to the level of psychiatric disorder in only a few of us at any one time, it can negatively effect all of us to some degree at one time or another. And, this mechanism has exerted a sizeable impact upon many of the worlds religions, especially Christianity. I have documentary evidence to support this mechanisms existence.

If you are interested in knowing more, I have created a weblog where I explain further. Though I have tried to be as brief as possible, reading it may take a little time, so please be patient. If you have any questions, please either post back here, or leave a comment in the comments section of my blog. Here is the link: Link removed

Thanks for reading!
Sid
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-04-2013, 07:41 PM
RE: This could finish religion and the religious right.
Damn Internet post a sign directing the conspiracy theorists here, or something? And how did this get past the mods? Tongue

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
06-04-2013, 07:44 PM
(06-04-2013 07:41 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Damn Internet post a sign directing the conspiracy theorists here, or something? And how did this get past the mods? Tongue

They bounced off his tinfoil hat

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense

[Image: Hitchhikersguide_zps7678fbae.jpg]
[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post
06-04-2013, 08:00 PM
(06-04-2013 07:06 PM)Sid22 Wrote:  Hello!

What if there actually was something real behind several of the worlds major religions, including Christianity; something with a scientific explanation? What if this "something" was actually a mechanism found within the brain of all of us that could not only cause us to function against our own best interest and the best interest of others, and so cause others to work against our own, just like the demonic figures in these religions are supposed to be able to do, but could create mental and physical disease and disorder, and could even be responsible for virtually all of the evil that can come from the hand of man? A mechanism that can become more or less detrimental depending upon our thoughts, feelings, actions and intentions, and which is discoverable through hypnosis, which can have a great deal in common with prayer, meaning that it could have been accessible to, and subsequently misinterpreted by, the primitive, superstitious peoples who founded these religions, also explaining how it has surfaced periodically throughout history to leave its imprint upon these religions. And, what if knowledge of this mechanism and its functioning could even bring about an end to these religions?

I have both studied and worked in the mental health field, and some time back, while doing research involving hypnosis, I stumbled upon what has turned out to be a previously unknown mechanism within the human brain. It is the product of the evolutionary process and thus is present within all of us, and is also involved in many psychiatric disorders. And, though it rises to the level of psychiatric disorder in only a few of us at any one time, it can negatively effect all of us to some degree at one time or another. And, this mechanism has exerted a sizeable impact upon many of the worlds religions, especially Christianity. I have documentary evidence to support this mechanisms existence.

If you are interested in knowing more, I have created a weblog where I explain further. Though I have tried to be as brief as possible, reading it may take a little time, so please be patient. If you have any questions, please either post back here, or leave a comment in the comments section of my blog. Here is the link: http://newmechanism.blogspot.com/

Thanks for reading!
Sid

I am highly interested! I have sent you my credit card details in a private message. Take as much money from me as you need. I am currently writing a letter to all respectable scientists to begin putting all their resources into this.

"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth." - Henry David Thoroeau

Please check out my YouTube channel! Thumbsup http://www.youtube.com/user/1ScottUK
[+] 3 users Like TheLogicalAthiest's post
06-04-2013, 10:50 PM
Bit rich asking for donations.

No credentials, no profile, just one or 2 pages of non nonsensical spiel.
07-04-2013, 12:23 AM
If this was anything, and if you were a genuine researcher, you'd be working with others in the field, you'd get a research grant for the money, and you'd publish in a respectable journal.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
07-04-2013, 12:27 AM
(06-04-2013 08:00 PM)TheLogicalAthiest Wrote:  I am highly interested! I have sent you my credit card details in a private message. Take as much money from me as you need. I am currently writing a letter to all respectable scientists to begin putting all their resources into this.

As a highly respectable scientist, I received TLA's letter. I cashed all my belongings and sent the thread starter all the funds I had.

I am now using the pen and paper from a motel to write letters to all distinguished bankers to have all their resources into this matter.

Brilliant idea !

Yet how am I supposed to stay in the motel tomorrow?

Want something? Then do something.
[+] 2 users Like HU.Junyuan's post
08-04-2013, 08:47 AM
And that's why this is so ridiculous, of course. This brain "center" issue presupposes that their is a brain-induced morality, which ethical code is hardly consistent in all or even most humans...
08-04-2013, 09:14 AM
(08-04-2013 08:47 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  And that's why this is so ridiculous, of course. This brain "center" issue presupposes that their is a brain-induced morality, which ethical code is hardly consistent in all or even most humans...

Untrue. There have been studies that clearly show a common moral sense that is independent of culture.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
08-04-2013, 10:46 AM
(08-04-2013 08:47 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  And that's why this is so ridiculous, of course. This brain "center" issue presupposes that their is a brain-induced morality, which ethical code is hardly consistent in all or even most humans...

Your argument isn't consistent with scripture. Consider Adam & Eve's insistence on getting dressed after eating from the Tree of Knowledge of etc., as well as Cain's attempt to hide his murderous deed. None of these characters had been given written commandments, yet they seemed to understand the difference between good and evil.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
[+] 3 users Like Starcrash's post