This could possibly be the biggest storm in the history of modern earth

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-11-2013, 01:03 PM
RE: This could possibly be the biggest storm in the history of modern earth
(08-11-2013 01:02 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(08-11-2013 12:55 PM)cjlr Wrote:  If my stereotypes on filipinos are up to date, it was the immodest women and the gays that precipitated the storm.

I would need to confirm with Pat, but I'm pretty sure it was the gays and those gypsie type ladies making a pact with satan.

You make a good argument. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
08-11-2013, 01:11 PM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2013 02:54 PM by jaguar3030.)
Today was one of those 'good' days in education. I had a middle school student research global warming and its effects on the ocean for the last couple of weeks. She did a fantastic job of sifting through the evidence to write a paper and provide a pretty coherent conclusion. She was ecstatic to get a 96% on it, and couldn't wait to tell her mom.

Her mom simply tells her "global warming is a lie."

The student told me this bummed her out but she stuck to her guns and said "no, mom it isn't. I've been researching this in class for a while. The facts are there."

=)
Find all posts by this user
[+] 11 users Like jaguar3030's post
08-11-2013, 02:45 PM
(08-11-2013 01:11 PM)jaguar3030 Wrote:  Today was one of those 'good' days in education. I had a middle school student research global warming and its effects on the ocean for the last couple of weeks. She did a fantastic job of sifting through the evidence to write a paper and provide a pretty coherent conclusion. She was ecstatic to get a 96% on it, and couldn't wait to tell her mom.

Her mom simply tells her "global warming is a lie."

The students told me this bummed her out but she stuck to her guns and said "no, mom it isn't. I've been researching this in class for a while. The facts are there."

=)

Reality FTW! Thumbsup

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
08-11-2013, 06:38 PM
(08-11-2013 12:30 PM)kim Wrote:  Wind speeds of 195 mph gusting to 235 mph!! Ohmy

What is really freaky - there are people who were recently displace by earthquake activity and are living in tents - TENTS -195 MPH!! Fucking blows my mind. Undecided

235 mph = 205 knots. That wind speed could potentially tear apart a light airplane in flight. I cant imagine what it would do to a tent much less a human!

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
08-11-2013, 06:44 PM
(08-11-2013 06:38 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  
(08-11-2013 12:30 PM)kim Wrote:  Wind speeds of 195 mph gusting to 235 mph!! Ohmy

What is really freaky - there are people who were recently displace by earthquake activity and are living in tents - TENTS -195 MPH!! Fucking blows my mind. Undecided

235 mph = 205 knots. That wind speed could potentially tear apart a light airplane in flight. I cant imagine what it would do to a tent much less a human!

Is that the same speed as that huge tornado in Moore, Oklahoma?
09-11-2013, 04:09 AM
(08-11-2013 12:27 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  A super typhoon named Haiyan is battering the Phillippines with wind speeds of 195 mph gusting to 235 mph. This category 5 cyclonic storm may be the biggest storm ever recorded in the history of modern Earth..

For the global warming deniers, this is a calling card: We are only going to see worse storms from here on out.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/08/world/asia...?hpt=hp_t1

Where was Global Warming in 1980 (Hurricane Allen) or 1968 (Hurricane Camile)?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Allen

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Camille

These storms were just as powerful.
09-11-2013, 04:16 AM
Re: RE: This could possibly be the biggest storm in the history of modern earth
(09-11-2013 04:09 AM)Julius Wrote:  
(08-11-2013 12:27 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  A super typhoon named Haiyan is battering the Phillippines with wind speeds of 195 mph gusting to 235 mph. This category 5 cyclonic storm may be the biggest storm ever recorded in the history of modern Earth..

For the global warming deniers, this is a calling card: We are only going to see worse storms from here on out.

Hurricanes of aliens and ones of a whiney selfish Greta Garbo are nonsense, nobody believes they're true.

Of course there's been giant storms before, it's not like there's an new way of causing mayhem. But furthering shifts of larger more frequent storms are arising.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
10-11-2013, 03:43 PM
(09-11-2013 04:09 AM)Julius Wrote:  

It's undisputed that there have been powerful storms in the past. However, this ignores the fact that these powerful storms are now happening more often throughout the world and with greater intensity than they have been in the past. The reason is that as the atmosphere and the seas heat, the atmosphere become loaded with more and more water vapor, increasing the potential energy available to generate these kinds of cataclysmic storms.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
[+] 3 users Like Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
10-11-2013, 04:59 PM
Do we really still have people denying global warming?

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
11-11-2013, 04:20 AM
(10-11-2013 04:59 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Do we really still have people denying global warming?

Yes, Global Warming is no longer a 'fact' I was surprised ot see any support of it here, A series of leaked emails showed how the peer reviewing of the work done by the university of East Anglia, was carried out in a fraudulent and unethical manner. The hockey stick graph has been proven a falsehood, and the trend is not following the predicted idea.

The IPPC who were in charge of the 'Global Warming Scam' have shifted their concentration and PR'd it up to MMCC.. There is no Global Warming, there is only Man Made Climate Change.

The biggest fallacy found by people who did not sign up to the false religion of Global warming, was that CO2 actually follows increases in temperature and does not cause it, a nice falsehood taught to everyone for the last 60 or so years.

NOTE: At no point did I mention that Man is or is not having an impact on the climate.. I just pointed out what a fool you are if you still believe in the dinosaur of a fallacy of 'Global Warming'